Ted DiBiase reveals he's dealing with "severe brain trauma"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtg5mzy5otywodu2odiznzc2.webp

Ted Dibiase says he's been dealing with some health problems.

The 69-year-old revealed on his Everybody's Got A Pod podcast that doctors told him he has "severe brain trauma."

Dibiase said

I'm dealing with this, this is legit. I don't have Alzheimer's and I don't have dementia but they said, 'Ted, you have something, we just simply call it severe brain trauma.' I said, 'Really?' I only wrestled for maybe almost 20 years, so I'm not surprised that I might have a little brain trauma.
What it affects is my memory and they say it'll be easier for you to remember something you did 40 or 50 years ago but the short-term memory, some of the stuff right now, it's bits and pieces.

Dibiase continued to talk about the schedule he kept during his wrestling career and how that may have impacted his health. He said:

There were no days off, that was seven days a week we wrestled. Until I went to the WWF and even then when I first started with them, it was three straight weeks on, 21 days, 21 cities, and then you go home for a week. Then they eventually changed it to 10 on, three off, four on, and three off, so you were home a little more.
But again, I thank God I'm still here.

Dibiase is one of 38 people being sued by the Mississippi Department of Human Services. The lawsuit alleges that Dibiase owes the state $1,971,223 in funds that were meant to go to nonprofit organizations to address poverty in the state. Dibiase's son, Ted Dibiase Jr., has been charged criminally for his role in the scandal.

Dibiase was voted into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame in 1996. He also was voted Best Gimmick in 1987, Best Heel in 1987 & 1988, Best Technical Wrestler (now the Bryan Danielson Award) from 1979-1981, Feud of the Year (w/ Junk Yard Dog) in 1982, and Feud of the Year (w/ Jim Duggan) in 1985.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Everyone somehow gets severely sick when the law comes for you.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
When I saw this on a news site the headline cut off at "Ted DiBiase is Dealing" and I thought "fuck me, it wasn't enough to do fraud, you have to get into drugs too?"

But yeah no sympathy, it's like when Jimmy Snuka suddenly became senile when he had to stand trial for that murder he did