Ted DiBiase JR leaves the WWE for now.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
[video=youtube;b7C8mJvases]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7C8mJvases&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Shame to see Ted is leaving the WWE, he had the potential to be a solid mid card talent, but sadly WWE never used him so well. Also injuries hampered him a lot. I hope he is successful in whatever he does now.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He's just another bland multiple generation star. He really had nothing to offer. He should work on his skills and an actual gimmick.

His career in WWE was pretty much dead after that hilarious Dibiase Party stuff which gave me hours of laughs.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Good for him, sounds a lot like he really just wants to make sure he is there as a father, and I would assume he is someone who knows a lot about what it is like being the child of a wrestler in the WWE and wanting to see your father more.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think a break really would help him. Focus on his family, and being a father. He's still young, and has the name, so I'm sure he'll always have a job there if he wants it in the future.

Really smart move to leave on good terms.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
He had the potential, hell he could have used this redneck stuff that he loves so much and used that as a gimmick honestly. I've always been a fan of Rednecks in wrestling. Goes against the path his father set for him kind of thing. But I do hope he enjoys his time away, being a good father and such. This is best for him.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
The writing has been on the wall for awhile.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's about time, it's been pretty obvious that he wasn't going to be all that successful for a couple years now. He did get over with his last face run though, probably would have gotten a mid-card title run if he didn't get injured. I never hated or liked him all that much, was just indifferent most of the time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Forgot this guy was still in the company tbh.

This guy was once thought to be a natural at this business, may have been. Had all the athletic gifts his fater didn't, just didn't have that "it" factor. Or maybe he did, but didn't use it to it's full potential.

Another guy who would've benefitted from a name change imo, but I guess the damn internet can't help a 2nd gen wrestler make his own name anymore.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Funny how things work out because when he and Cody Rhodes were in Legacy it always looked like DiBiase would go on to have the greater career. He still might, but he has hit a brick wall and has barely been used recently so it is a good time to take some time off, maybe work a few indie dates.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Hard to make it these days when they won't let you on TV. Out of his generation I really expected him to be the main stay. But I agree at this point it's for the best.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
It's sad to see someone leave who I thought had lots of potential and gift but Ted's departure was inevitable, everyone can see WWE just has no place for him.

I liked Ted more than I probably should have. Up until WWE cast him in a movie and had him share Orton's spotlight as he progressed, I thought they actually had some plan or vision for the guy. It's laughable now but some people were even willing to believe he'd co-headline with Undertaker at Wrestlemania. And at one point I would've never believed Cody Rhodes would be the one to excel in the end.

If I had to mark a point in Ted DiBiase Jr's WWE career, however, where things went irreversibly downhill , it'd be the pairing with Maryse which, again, I thought would work great for Ted and made sense to me as a combination. Turns out they had zero chemistry. Later on they tried repackaging him as a face on Smackdown for a couple of months with the DiBiase Posse stuff but that didn't work either. He hasn't been seen on the main roster since then really, nobody knows what to do with Ted and it's clear he wasn't going anywhere, especially with Curtis Axel getting over more with the similar "My father!" schtick.

Good news, sad to see.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am more surprised that WWE were going to offer him a contract extension. He has barely been used the past year or two and it was time he was released. When he started it did look like he had plenty of potential but he was one that could never get out of his father's shadow and become his own character. Continuing to make him a Million Dollar Man ripoff hurt him, nothing wrong with refering to the past but to try to make him basically the same character was the wrong way to go about it. I can't see him ever returning, doesn't seem motivated anymore by wrestling and will be more interested in doing something else with his life.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ted was a pretty good wrestler and his mic-skills weren't the best but they weren't shit either.

I hope he is successful in whatever path he chooses in his life from here on.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Maryse killed his career. I always said Cody was better and would be in a higher profile, but he was dead the second they gave him her as she made it about her over getting him or the pairing over like a good valet. If his borther hadn't fallen apart, they would have probably paired them up at least

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Ted DiBiase revealed to the Mississippi Business Journal that he will be working for an e-commerce website that targets college students.

“I loved my career in the WWE and I will forever be thankful for the opportunity to work in that industry,” DiBiase said in a press release release. “Leaving a job you love is not easy, but I believe so strongly in the future of CollegeGarageSale.com that I knew it was time to change my focus.”

The website includes Selling and Buying options for college students to list and purchase various school-related items.

Wow this seems to not be all that impressive