TDS [017] – WWE Over the Limit Predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

Truth be told, this rivalry has been rushed a bit. The original idea was that it would take place at SummerSlam, and let me tell you what, it would definitely have been better off that way, too. Nevertheless, I think this could be a true show stealer. As to who will come out on top, I believe that Truth definitely needs to get the W here to further his strong heel turn. Although, a loss could further feud his psycho behaviors. I’m really torn on it to tell you the truth. It mostly depends on when John Morrison is able to return to competition. It would be better to hold off on his return until after Capitol Punishment and drag out another month between Rey Rey and Truth. That way the Truth-Morrison feud can gain steam through Money in the Bank and all came to a conclusion at SummerSlam when they finally meet one-on-one… Rey Rey for 6/10

Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero

I’m very surprised the E is risking Sin Cara on PPV so early. I would have thought they would’ve let him get use to the WWE style for another month and shake off the greenness before going live on PPV. A bit of a risk on Vince’s part, but if they give Chavo and Mistico time to work then they will be satisfied with the results. Which also brings me to surprise as to why their putting Chavo on PPV. The last time he was seen on TV he was getting his ass handed to himself from Hornswoggle. All kinds of weirdness in this one. I have a feeling it’ll be a quicky just because of Sin Cara’s greenness, but if given ten – twenty minutes to work then I think it should be a beauty… Sin Cara for 10/10

WWE Intercontinental Title Match – Ezekiel Jackson vs. Wade Barrett

Although I hate to admit, I think this is going to be step 2 in the break-up process of The Corre. The only way that Zeke will lose is by interference from Gabriel & Slater. I think that will go haywire, though, and it will cost Wade the match, furthering the break-up process I just alluded to. That’s the way I see it going down. The only problem I see with the whole equation is that I just can’t see Zeke with that mid-card strap. I, as you all know, think he is going to be hot-tracked to the World Title scene very soon. Having the Intercontinental title would just hold him back… Wade for 5.5/10

WWE Tag Team Title Match – CM Punk & Mason Ryan vs. Big Show & Kane

Just like the previous match-up, I think this will be step 1 in the break-up process of New Nexus. I’ve got a feeling this will be as short as the WrestleMania 8-man match. I also have a feeling that Punk will be the guy getting pinned here, thus pissing the beast Mason Ryan off and causing him to snap. Rumors have been floating about that the company is keeping him high in case Batista decides to return anytime soon so they can put them in a feud with each other. So, I can’t see Mason turning face. But knowledge of the WWE’s wonderful creative staff leads me to believe New Nexus WILL be torn apart soon, probably at the expense of a Punk leaving… Kane & Big Show retain for 8/10

WWE Divas Title Match – Kelly Kelly vs. Brie Bella

Does anybody care about this match-up? Brie is not going to lose the title because it makes more sense to have her get destroyed by Kharma and lose the belt. I mean the last six months of diva booking has pretty much lead to this conclusion. Natalya, Beth Phoenix, and Gail Kim have all been left off of TV because they are the only divas we should actually believe Kharma could lose to. Meanwhile all the pretty faces with no talent have been hogging up the scene for Kharma to destroy. Mark my words the next six months going forward for the diva’s division is going to be good. Very good… Brie Bella for WHO GIVES A SHIT?!?!?!?!

Kiss My Foot Match – Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler
If Cole wins, Lawler must give up his WWE Hall of Fame ring.

I predicted this rivalry to conclude at WrestleMania, it didn’t. I then predicted this feud to end at Extreme Rules, it didn’t. After that I said, and hoped, that this bore-fest would just go away, it hasn’t. The only thing that could make me care about this match is if Jack Swagger beats the ever loving shit out of Cole and thus turns face… Jerry Lawler for 6/10

I Quit Match for the WWE Title – The Miz vs. John Cena

Everybody and his or her grandpa know who is going to win here. There is just no way that Cenas character will say “I Quitâ€. There is also just no way that Cena will lose that title so quickly after winning it. He’s the company guy after all. I hope that CeMan finds someone else to feud with hereafter. It’s needed, because this feud has run its course… John Cena for 11/10?

World Heavyweight Title Match – Christian vs. Randy Orton

Another World Title match that we all know the conclusion to. Atleast we hope we do. No matter how much I love Christian there is just no way I want him to win back the title so quickly. He has a lot of character development ahead of himself. The more time goes on, the more I see him staying face, while Orton turns heel. Not only would Randall have more fresher faces to take-on as a heel (since Sheamus, Wade Barrett feuds have been done to death with him and Mark Henry isn’t the most attractive candidate for him to take on), but it would also freshen that stale Cena Jr. character up… Randall for 10/10

The lower card of tonights event is looking gorgous. The upper-card, however, is the factor that will prevent me from spending my hard earned cash on this. These match-ups, if given time, have potential to all be 3*’s and above. It could turnout to be one of the top in-ring PPVs in a long time. The stories, and predictability tarnish it, though. So what do you fine folks think out there? Are you going to order the PPV? Who do you have coming out on top? Will Cena say those dreaded words and lose? Will The Corre, and New Nexus simultaneously break-up? Let me know guys, it’s always appreciated!

Feedback – SpartyFeedback@gmail.com

The brand new FightLife Magazine is now officially available for purchase. On the site, you’re able to preview the articles, and then you can sign up for a subscription, which will then take you to PayPal. Handle your business, and the rest of the mag will be available for your reading enjoyment.</p>
http://fightlifemag.presspublisher.us/ (Remember to subscribe to the PREMIUM subscription)

Follow FightLife Magazine on Twitter – @FightLifeMag

Go like the Facebook Fan Page for FightLife – http://www.facebook.com/pages/FightLife-Magazine/112158342203825

Coming Tomorrow: The Raw Review