• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Talking Smack canceled

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score

I guess it's kinda back now as a tout exclusive. I do have one question, however. What the hell is tout?

Also, it's Smacking Talk, because when Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson is in charge of naming, he's either going to switch the names or make it a penis pun

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista

I guess it's kinda back now as a tout exclusive. I do have one question, however. What the hell is tout?

Also, it's Smacking Talk, because when Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson is in charge of naming, he's either going to switch the names or make it a penis pun

Tout was a mobile app that you could make 15 seconds videos, it might have changed a little over the years. WWE did a lot of little promos for trying to get the fans to use it but who knows if many of them did.

"Smacking Talk"??!? Why not just call it Smack Talk, it's easier and flow off the tongue?? Lol anyway, thanks for the update.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista

oh just watched the vid you posted, the forum app didn't show that you had one and this is clearly a comedy sketch due on behalf of Talking Smack being after PPVs from now on. I loved how they poked at the Angle/Jordan promo and did a Bryan/Gable father son promo. If they really stick to this comedy style, it may get picked up on the network. Who knows anymore??

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Wow, lot of hatred for Vince McMahon here.

Talking Smack was cancelled because no, it wasn't free. It has production costs, staffing costs and Young and Bryan potentially earned a bonus. It also meant that wrestlers were spending less time moving on to the next time and more time hanging around for an interview so it wasn't popular with the wrestlers.

It was cancelled, ultimately, because nobody watched it. It's the same with Unfiltered, unfortunately. WWE let Renee Young have the show as an experiment to see if the different format could get views. It didn't. She left Total Divas because she's not the one they wanted to get on there in the first place. WWE have been trying for years to get Dean Ambrose to market himself like the star that most fans think he is but he won't do it so they can't push him.

Talking Smack was a great show. I loved it. It was 18th on the network when it was cancelled according to Meltzer. Old ECW reboot shows from 2005 were getting more views. There's no conspiracy from Vince. WWE cancelled a show that nobody wanted to watch.
I did. That's bullshit.

I thought Talking Smack was a great name, and it was a great show. It real character builder if you watch it. They're trying to push KO/Shane match, and a little tease towards KO/Ambrose. Renee and Ambrose got married, sooo.... KO getting mad at her all the time.. Storyline starter. Yep, you heard it here.

I don't think that WWE and/or Vince canceled it because of numbers, I think that WWE and/or Vince doesn't like that it interferes with their booking. That's how I see it.

I bet that Miz shoot changed a little bit of the booking afterwards.