Talking Smack canceled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Time to ship Old Man Vince off to a retirement home I think.

I say let Hunter run the main roster for a year and see if the
"numbers" increase...the ratings and the profits.

I second this! And like you said before, less is more, I totally agree with that as well.

Less TV time and less flashyness, dress it down alot.

I much prefer the late 90s setups compared to today's.
Sure today's sets look cool....at first. But then it gets old. Mostly because they use the same setup for ppv aswell. And the crowd lighting....different colours, why? Lol

Maybe I'm alone in this though, idk lol

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure HHH taking over is the real solution. It would be a change of pace sure but not a permanent solution. However, If NXT is an indication I'd say we are in good hands regardless.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yes, Vince cancelled it because he is afraid of upscripted content in WWE, creates free thinkers

No seriously.... WWE does not like that shit

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Vince probably cancelled it because Daniel Bryan was on it...
and Vince wants the fans to forget about Bryan and focus on
that other guy Vince likes.

Last edited:

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
Wow, lot of hatred for Vince McMahon here.

Talking Smack was cancelled because no, it wasn't free. It has production costs, staffing costs and Young and Bryan potentially earned a bonus. It also meant that wrestlers were spending less time moving on to the next time and more time hanging around for an interview so it wasn't popular with the wrestlers.

It was cancelled, ultimately, because nobody watched it. It's the same with Unfiltered, unfortunately. WWE let Renee Young have the show as an experiment to see if the different format could get views. It didn't. She left Total Divas because she's not the one they wanted to get on there in the first place. WWE have been trying for years to get Dean Ambrose to market himself like the star that most fans think he is but he won't do it so they can't push him.

Talking Smack was a great show. I loved it. It was 18th on the network when it was cancelled according to Meltzer. Old ECW reboot shows from 2005 were getting more views. There's no conspiracy from Vince. WWE cancelled a show that nobody wanted to watch.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
There's no conspiracy from Vince. WWE cancelled a show that nobody wanted to watch.
Well yeah...I think most WWE fans know that...

Its just fun to accuse Vince of being an old,
out of touch, senile bastard who won't give
the fans what they want...only what he thinks
they want.

Basically Vince gets the blame for everything
wrong with the WWE and Triple H gets praised
for everything right with the WWE.

That's how it works right?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I don't give much stock to how things work.
Okay...but if nothing works...then...well...I can't think of the word?

I prefer to live in reality.
Reality is an interesting concept because technically every person experiences
a different reality because of how each individual perceives the same reality.

Kind of like how different people will interpret a painting a different way and
see something different.

Wait...what were we talking about?

And I have another nosebleed...

Last edited:

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
See, as I see it Raw has been the vastly superior show since the Royal Rumble. The Miz/Cena was one of very few good feuds on the blue side and The Miz has gone. Charlotte, the best pick for the blue side in the shakeup, has been underutilised. She was briefly on Talking Smack but seemed uncomfortable with the format.

Without the promo above I don't think Talking Smack would be anywhere near as popular as it is. Unfortunately, lightning rarely strikes twice.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Without the promo above I don't think Talking Smack would be anywhere near as popular as it is. Unfortunately, lightning rarely strikes twice.

This is true, however the wrestlers are to blame for that. Here you have a show where wrestlers can talk without being overly scripted, which is one of the biggest problems WWE has going today. But no one made anything out of it, well except for Miz who turned his whole bloody carrer around because of it. There was still some good stuff on it from time to time, personaly I always enjoyed when Corbin was on the show, and I think he is great when he is not scripted. Still nothing came close to Miz, and he is the main reason this show will be remembered at all, like you said.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
WWE have been trying for years to get Dean Ambrose to market himself like the star that most fans think he is but he won't do it so they can't push him.
If this is true, my theory holds that Dean Ambrose is refusing to utilize a catchphrase and is, thus, handicapping his earnings potential.

Creating the "Best in The World" catchphrase during the June 27th 2011 pipebomb promo kicked off a campaign where CM Punk would eventually overtake John Cena in merchandise sales. Albeit temporarily.

Every major star WWE pushes creates a catchphrase. It is not because they want to. It's simply how WWE markets its talent.

Charlotte, the best pick for the blue side in the shakeup, has been underutilised. She was briefly on Talking Smack but seemed uncomfortable with the format.

Charlotte is an institutionalized legend's kid. She is largely a WWE creation with no depth of character beyond the back story they've decided to give her. There's very little for us, as a viewing audience, to sink our teeth into.

If she had had experience working the indies or otherwise had to struggle her way to WWE, her passion would have been so much more evident to the average Joe or Jane.

Being unscripted is something Indy talent have a far bigger knack for. Asking the Miz to show up on "Talking Smack" is like inviting The Cookie Monster over for dinner and telling him the delicious plate of cookies sitting in front of him are for after dinner, not during.
rwqz7.gif

Yeah, Charlotte's too institutionalized for that.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
6b55984041a2186298625c677a793b886dc5561cdcb9bb5f42e3603448237076.jpg

WWE is now Lisa. Stop canceling stuff we actually want to watch and keeping crap we hate! STOP IT LISA!!!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Charlotte is an institutionalized legend's kid. She is largely a WWE creation with no depth of character beyond the back story they've decided to give her. There's very little for us, as a viewing audience, to sink our teeth into.
This is sad...but true...

If she had had experience working the indies or otherwise had to struggle her way to WWE, her passion would have been so much more evident to the average Joe or Jane.
I think that'd why she plays the cold, distant, entitled bitch so well...

You make valid points...but its not like the rest of roster is doing
any better. I mean when was the last time a WWE performer
was given some serious character development the audience
could "sink its teeth into"?

If this is true, my theory holds that Dean Ambrose is refusing to utilize a catchphrase and is, thus, handicapping his earnings potential.
Any idea what that catchphrase was?