Talent Shift in TNA? *Minor Spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's been two years since Hulk Hogan came into TNA and brought a whole host of other talent with him, some big (RVD, Anderson, Hardy), some not so much (The Nasty Boyz, Val Venis).

Hogan recently resigned his contract to stick around for another two, but I find it very interesting that RVD has just taken part in an injury angle this close to his two year anniversary, and that Anderson hasn't been seen in weeks.

Throw in the fact that Jesse Neal has finished up with TNA, Doug Williams took part in an injury angle and his tag partner has a new partner now, and Hernandez's contract status was also up in the air a couple of months ago (and coincedently hasn't been back since the December tapings) are we in the process of a talent purge in TNA? With renewed pushes for Ray, Roode & Storm, have TNA dedicated themselves to a new approach now?

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Honestly Hernandez can f off. Same with RVD. Anderson I can see going back to the E. The Kennedy charecter was great and he has been far less injury prone these days. Orton will need a new feud soon so bring Kennedy back. Williams would be a great addition to the E as well. With Regal just about done Williams could be his protege and put on some great matches with Bryan,Punk, etc

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Apparently Anderson isn't being used because Prichard doesn't like him, but obviously that's from dirt sheets so it can't be considered as fact. Personally I think Anderson can go and it won't be a loss, same as Hernandez. I'd argue RVD still has some drawing power as I notice a lot of people wearing his merch in the Impact Zone, but I don't know if that's enough to warrant paying him a bunch of money for a new contract. I'd rather see him gone.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I wouldn't be that bothered about RVD leaving as I am not his biggest fan when he is in TNA but I actually would like to see Anderson stay in TNA as I like him. I hope TNA keep using him and he maybe gets another World Title run. But I really want to see Bully Ray get a world title run.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
What's really good about Anderson though? Seriously, I see nothing in the guy and there's way more deserving people on the roster. I'd rather see Devon with a world title run than Anderson.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Well I think Anderson is pretty good in the ring and pretty good on the mic in my opinion. I really don't like Devon and don't think he should be as high up as Anderson.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I keep reading the title of this thread as Taylor Shift in TNA....

Anderson needs someone to control his personality, otherwise it gets annyong like it has in TNA.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well I think Anderson is pretty good in the ring and pretty good on the mic in my opinion. I really don't like Devon and don't think he should be as high up as Anderson.

Devon had a better match with Pope at Genesis than anything Anderson did last year save for the match with Ray, which was all Ray.

Yeah, I hate Anderson's guts. :lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Ray is awesome, He needs the World Championship ASAP!

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Kennedy needs to be in the E he was money there...he sux a cock in tna all the turns didn't help...sadly pope is suffering the same fate

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Kennedy needs to be in the E he was money there...he sux a cock in tna all the turns didn't help...sadly pope is suffering the same fate

Pope is sucking cock in TNA?

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
No the fate of to many turns...fans can't get behind that...pope will never suck in ring he is to money

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Pope is a great face, I have no clue why TNA insist on turning him every 5 minutes.

Pope's TNA career in 2 1/2 years: Heel, Face, Heel, Face, Heel, Face, Heel. Ridiculous.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Fuck Anderson in tna. They have no idea what to do with him. He should go back to wwe end of story.
I don't give two shits what Hernandez does unless homicide comes back and they reform LAX.
I hope RVD stays in tna. I actually really like RVD. Also he's a good merchandise seller.
Douglas William's tna career is obviously going no where. I think he would do good in ROH.
Bully ray doesn't deserve to be world champion. I'm perfectly content with him kicking ass.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Bully ray doesn't deserve to be world champion.

How is that again? He's one of the best parts of TNA on a weekly basis and has proven to be capable of putting on great matches with everyone INCLUDING Anderson. I don't think he NEEDS to be world champ, but to say he doesn't deserve it is ludicrous considering the work he's put into his run in TNA so far.