Taker's streak has a price

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1220653733.shtml

I agree with the believe he will not be ready for next year, however, the angle would be cool, bringing Ted DiBiase Sr. back, it would be a nice send off.

Nice to see WWE on the nice track and on the correct mind frame as for who should end the streak.

Moonlight Drive

I'm one of those people who think the streak should never end. No matter how much somebody needs a push. But if Vince thinks it's good for business, 'Taker will put them over.

It would be a great angle, but like the story says, they HAVE to be 100% sure Ted is going to be with them for a long time. But I think DiBiase is actually very talented, and is the only guy I can think deserving to end the streak.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I doubt it will happen. He will probably face Undertaker at Wm 26 I guess, but he'll lose. Orton vs Taker WM 21 anyone?

J

I agree with HBK the streak should never be ended. It's just something that should go down in wrestling history.

chessarmy

I'm not a fan of ending the streak, but if anyone is going to beat Taker at Mania it needs to be a young guy. I'm thinking Ted Dibiase Jr, it can help elevate him to the next level. If it was up to me, I'd let Taker retire with the streak intact

The Rated R CMStar

One thing that worries me is, for example, let's say DiBiase ends it. That will give him an amazing boost, incredible, posibly the biggest push somebody could ever have.....as a heel.

What would happen if WWE wants, one day, to have him as a face? I seriously doubt the fans will let ending Taker streak's(and possibly with that, ending his WWE career), slid by and just because he sticks by a random face turning, will cheer for him.

Moonlight Drive

Well it could be a Ric Flair-like angle.

They could have Ted turn face on Cody sometime soon and begin a good face run. Undertaker could begin to (kayfabe) botch some of his moves (like Rey when he lost the WHC) and lose lots of matches, get minor injuries, stuff like that. Wrestlemania rolls around and Undertaker says he needs to see if he can still handle this business, and that he wants somebody to face him at Wrestlemania, to see if the Deadman can keep the streak alive. He chooses DiBiase, who is reluctant at first, but respects him so he does it. Then he beats the Deadman at Wrestlemania.

But I doubt it would have the same effect if Ted was a face tbh, as he'd get major heat if he did and would probably have to turn heel.

J

The only thing I could ever think to do is to have one of those 3 stages of hell match. Have Taker win 2 of the 3 but have his opponent win one. They wouldn't win the match but they technically would be the first person to ever pin taker at Wrestlemania. So therefore they get the boost and he keeps the record.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
I LOL @ Ted DiBiase Jr. being the one to end Taker's streak, I really do. For one, implications; things can go wrong, WWE shouldn't assume anything. Another, Ted DiBiase Jr.? Honestly? Him? Damn, I fear the future of the 'E, that's for sure. He hasn't impressed me at all; he's just another carbon copy of Randy Orton, along with Cody Rhodes.

Moonlight Drive

Well they intend him to be the next Randy Orton, so in the WWE's books, that's actually a plus

The Rated R CMStar

Compare Ted DiBiase with Orton and you're right. But never, ever compare Cody Rhodes to Randy Orton.

chessarmy

Well, now that I think about it. How is the WWE so sure that Dibiase is going to be over enough to actually end Taker's streak by Wrestlemania 25? The way I see it, few if anyone on the WWE roster should end the streak, thats why Taker should retire with the streak intact

Moonlight Drive

Wel I guess the ball is in Ted's court. If he can prove he deserves it, 'Taker will put him over.

Reaction score
No way... the streak should not end. No matter who it puts over, the streak is what makes Taker stand out over some of the other legends. Taker should do out with the streak still in his belt. Plus, I don't see Ted doing anything special some time soon..

MikeRaw

I don't want it to end, especially if it's Taker's last WM. If it was his last match, you don't want it to be with him losing the streak, but if he has to, Dibiase would be a good choice.
Also, I think if Taker was asked, he would gladly do it, it just seems like the type of guy he is, company first.