Taker vs Sting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
How do you know "everyone" who's been watching since the glory days of both men dreams about seeing them fight? Did you go and ask every single one of them? Not everyone is a Sting fan (or a Taker fan) and even if they are, not everyone is giddy about seeing a match between two guys that would have been a lot more magical back when they were younger and closer to (or in) their peak years. Speaking for myself, I've never been much of a Sting fan and I have little interest in seeing them fight at this point, nor do I have much interest in seeing Sting on the show period.

I also don't see how it's the ultimate match of Good vs Evil when both guys would clearly be babyfaces going into it.
I understand your view. Maybe I did speak for a lot of people. However, it is in popular demand. You cannot deny that. I do apologize for speaking on your behalf, if you felt offended by such.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
I hardly even know who Sting is, so it wouldn't be a dream match for me. I could appreciate the significance of it, though. The spectacle would be interesting, at least.

louissiscool

The Artiste
Reaction score
yeah it should happen probably would of been a lot better about four years ago though.

Van Dam

Jobber
Reaction score
I think it should happen for the sake of history. However, both have aged and it would not be the match that it could have been if everything had fallen into place a few years ago. There are a lot of guys that I would love to see challenge the streak but since it only comes once a year then it is limited as to who gets a shot and how much longer Taker can go. Personally, I would like to see Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio challenge the streak but only 1 or 2 of those may ever happen.

Evolution1

Jobber
Reaction score
Taker doesn't have many more matches left. I see him having 3 more after this year to get to 25. Cena will be one of them. That leaves two other people. He already wanted to face DB so that could happen as well.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
do people want taker/Cena because they think Cena is the only guy who could break the streak? I don't understand the seemingly universal appeal of that match
I feel that is the reason. Other than that, Cena has done everything else in the business but challenge the streak.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If it happened I'd be fine with it, but Taker/Sting is hardly dream match material for me. And the only reason I'd care to see Sting sign with the WWE at this point is so he can be inducted into the Hall Of Fame and get his own documentary DVD set. Otherwise, more old/part timers isn't what I want to see in 2014 or beyond.
yes if they're both old like that, the match will suck. 2 old guys like that will suck. Cena vs. Taker would make more sense.

Johnybig32

Jobber
Reaction score
Bray needs to end the streak. Will be excellent for his character.

Brock, the Rock, Cena, a Bray.

Reaction score
its like we wanted to see dx vs nwo this is like that it will never happen and if by any chance we get to see taker vs sting then im all for it ive always wanted to see them two go at it...