Syfy Developing Superman Prequel Series: Krypton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
A prequel series of Superman has landed for development at Syfy, the series will be lead by headwriter David Goyer who wrote 'Man of Steel'.. the series will be titled 'Krypton'.

90ffbb7c7332055c7e98574338057d2c.jpg

Here’s the pitch: “Years before the Superman legend we know, the House of El was shamed and ostracized. This series follows The Man of Steel’s grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known.”

Goyer was previously rumored to be working on such a project, but without a network or any details publicly attached. Goyer and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time) will executive produce the project, with Goldberg writing a pilot script based on a story by both men.

It'll be interesting to see how this is done, Syfy has been putting out some pretty solid work as of late, granted the CG and such may not be all there but perhaps with a little partnership with DC they might be able to get some legitimate funding to help make it a better show than what it may turn out to be without that little bit of extra help.

Personally, I'm not a big Superman guy but I know a lot of people are so I imagine they will find this series decently interesting.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/08/krypton/

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
To be honest, I have little to no interest in knowing what was happening on Krypton before it met it's fate.. some people might, I understand that, but how interesting could this be, really?

I'll watch the first episode and judge from there I guess.