Suvival of the Fittest 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pumpt73

Reaction score
Survival works pretty simple. You have 12 wrestlers. Each paired off in individual matches. Throughout the event, each individual match winner moves onto the Main Event where all 6 winners compete in a 6 man elimination match. The last man standing wins and gains an ROH World title shot.

Montana

Reaction score
Cause for the past 6 years it's been a DVD release. It's not exactly their biggest show of the year by any means, just a good way to get someone over, or a breakthrough star. Most all of their shows are pretty big.

bigdog4215

Reaction score
They should show this stuff either on hdnet or in ppv package when its finished.I'm assuming they high quality wrestling matches at this event and I think if they showed this event in either of those ways I stated before would be good for either getting fans hooked by showing it on hdnet or more profit by showing it in something like a ppv package.

Montana

Reaction score
I know what you mean, but the concept of the TV show is to get fans to buy the PPV, and the DVD's. ROH's biggest shows of the year are typically DVD shows. THe matches on the DVD are typically better than the TV matches, which is like ROH lite. So if ROH gives away it's major shows on TV, than it would hurt the DVD sales.

Reaction score
Survival of the Fittest 2010 - 11/12/10 - Dearborn, MI results

No Pre-Show

1. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match
"Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus over Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana to advance

2. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match
Co-ROH World Tag Team Champion Claudio Castagnoli w/ Chris Hero over Grizzly Redwood with an airplane spin.

3. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen over Kyle O'Reilly

Post-Match, Steen attacked a fan in a Generico mask.

4. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match
Adam Cole over Steve Corino

Post-Match, Generico finally came out to face Steen & Corino, was attacked and put through a table.

5. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match
ROH Television Champion Eddie Edwards over Co-ROH World Tag Team Champion "That Young Knock Out Kid" Chris Hero

Kevin Steen was out again post-match and placed in handcuffs until the SoTF finale.

6. Survival of the Fittest Qualifying Match
"Pretty Boy Pitbull" Kenny King over El Generico

7. Ring of Honor Trial Series Match #3
“The Notorious 187″ Homicide over Andy "Right Leg" Ridge

8. Main Event #2 - Six Man Tag Team Match
"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and Jay & Mark Briscoe over The House of Truth: ROH World Champion Roderick Strong, Michael Elgin & Zach Gowen w/ Truth Martini when Daniels pinned Gowen after the BME.

9. Main Event #1 - Survival of the Fittest Finale Match
Rhett Titus v. Claudio Castagnoli v. Kevin Steen v. Adam Cole v. Eddie Edwards v. Kenny King

elimination #1: Claudio Castagnoli pinned Kevin Steen to eliminate Mr. Wrestling

elimination #2: Claudio pinned Adam Cole

elimination #3: Claudio pinned Rhett Titus after a European Uppercut

Eddie Edwards carried out with his shoulder again injured; not eliminated.

elimination #4: Kenny King pinned Claudio after Edwards returned to the ring and nailed Claudio with a kick

elimination #5: Eddie Edwards forced Kenny King to submit and win Survival of the Fittest 2010!

From the fine folks of the ROH message board.​

Montana

Reaction score
Just got back....decent show, with everything considered.

Colt Cabana vs. Rhett Titus - Fun opener, real entertaining. 2.5

Cluadio vs. Grizzy - Good squash 2.0

Steen vs. O Reily - 3.0 O Reily impressed the fans, but this was short and sweet.

Steen puts generico threw a table.

Corino vs. Cole 2.0 - These two didn't exactly click.

Hero vs. Edwards 3.25 - Edwards was chopping the shit outta hero. Match of the night?!? Maybe.

Pretty good first half i thought. The match ratings weren't that high, but these were entertaining.

El Generico vs. Kenny King 3.0 - The crowd was kinda dead for this. The crowd doesn't know how to react to this "dark" El generico.

Homicide vs. Andy Ridge 1.0 - This was bad. Probably one of the worst ROH matches i've seen live.

Briscoes + Daniels vs. Roddy, Elgin, Gowen 3.25 - The HOT team did alright, all things considered. Supposedly Gowen is an official HOT member and Elgin is trying to work his way in. Gowen kicked Elgin in the face, and daniels pinned gowen. The crowd was pretty dead for Elgin, as no one knew who he was. Gowen only lasted about 45 seconds in the ring before tagging out each time. I thought ROH should go for a familiar face with the ROH, but Gowen?? I guess they had their hands tied. perhaps MOTN

SOTF Finals.... Adam Cole vs. Rhett Titus vs. Kenny King vs. Kevin Steen vs. Claudio vs. One armed Eddie Edwards - 3.25-3.5

Steen was out within 3 seconds after a generico attack. The ALl night Express tried to work as a team. Claudio eliminated Steen, Cole and Titus...and Edwards re-injured his arm, went to the back, so it appeared we got Claudio vs. King as the final two guys. That was really for a few a mintues, then edwards came back out, King pinned Cluadio....and We now have Edwards vs. King. A few punches and head butts later Edwards makes King tap out to the single leg crab. PROBABLY match of the night, but Edwards not being able to move his arm hurt the match. It was kinda given that after Hero/Edwards. Edwards was scheduled to win.

Fun show, nothing all that great though.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I thought this was a pretty decent event. Steen was beating the piss out of O'Reilly. I will say, ROH has some good young talent like O'Reilly and Cole. I thought Grizzly put up a pretty decent match against Double C. Im with Montana about Ridge vs. Homicide. If ROH is going to push Ridge, they need find something different for him. I can't figure out why the hell you would advertise what's apparently your strongest body part in your nickname. Overall, your standard solid action from Ring of Honor. And with every show I've been to in the past, I'll pick up the dvd. If nothing else, I grabbed my stepdaughter the pink KOW shirt and was able to snag Sara Del Rey's autograph during intermission.