Survivor Series Buys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But even if you use stuff like Rock and Cena this year, the Rumble will always be a WrestleMania setup PPV. It's important and all but SummerSlam wins as it stands alone.

But isn't that part of the point because it became such a important part of setting the stage for Mania then that is why for me it overtook Slam. But since the brand extension and the winner often not actually main eventing then the rumble has become less important. I think Slam might have a edge because of it being a number of months after Mania, which is why it is often called the summer version of WM.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Me a:eek:rton1: guy ............... :HHH3: My ass @Tapout, my ass, I've never in my fucking time on the Internet been an Orton guy ask @PHX
No, but you said that the people wanted to see Big Show in the main event... :DB2:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
No, but you said that the people wanted to see Big Show in the main event... :DB2:
Okay they wanted to see him and the midget about the same.

Weez

Reaction score
Sorry, while The Rumble has been better the last 3-4 years, since about the time they had Punk cutting promos after he eliminated everyone back in the late SES days (I think anyway lol), Summerslam is definitely considered "Summer Wresltemania," at least in how they're trying to push it.

They're doing it in LA at the Staples Center every single year now, which is the only ppv they do that with, and it gets an Axxess, where they also do the ROster Reveal for the WWE 2k series. It might not be living up in the buyrates department, but the WWE treats it as their number 2 ppv of the year, and I can't argue with them. I've been watching the WWE longer than they've had the Big 4 and it's been a big deal all the time.

Sadly, I wish they'd move MITB into Survivor Series' slot and start a new Big 4. I think having the MITB Briefcase floating around during the "Road to Wrestlemania" would be more exciting, personally, but that's for another thread lol

Reactions: Deezy and SAIYANS