Survivor Series Survivor Series 2017 review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
New Day vs The Shield ****

Great opener here, really fun. Similar to the Hell in a Cell match with the Usos, New Day brought out that intensity and aggression which I would like to see a hell of a lot more. Shield was great as expected. Terrific chemistry between the two teams, which resulted in a great match, and a great way to open the show.

Women's 5 on 5 Survivor Series match **3/4

I didn't really have high expectations going into this match, but what we got was perfectly fine. The only thing that upset me is that they did my girl Becky dirty in this match. Even though she was the captain, Bayley eliminated her as soon as the match started with a roll-up. Plus Jax vs Tamina was absolute cringe. The finish was good, and everything in between was fine.

Baron Corbin vs The Miz **3/4

Decent match, definitely better then I expected. It told a decent story, and didn't take up too much time, so I was ok with it.

Usos vs The Bar ***3/4

Had no doubt in my mind that this match would deliver. These are the 2 best tag teams in WWE without a doubt. The match itself was very good, with great back and fourth action, and tons of fun spots. I love The Bar to death, but having the Usos win was the right choice here.

Charlotte vs Alexa Bliss ***

Like the Corbin/Miz match I don't have much to say about this one. It was solid and I didn't mind it, that's about it.

AJ Styles vs Brock Lesnar ****1/4

Wow, where do I even begin with this. No WWE match this year made me react, and pop harder then this match did. In fact it isnt even close. Just another proof that anything AJ Styles touches turns into pure gold. The selling was great FROM BOTH SIDES, AJ's offense was terrific, and yeah it was fcking great. You know you are the best when Brock Lesnar sells for you after the match, and even backstage. Also huge props to Brock for selling that Calf Crusher like his legs were being cut off. This was definitely the MOTN, and the match that people will remember this PPV by.

Mens 5 on 5 Survivor Series match **1/2

Oh man this was soooooo undewhelming, and just a disappointing ME. The Smackdown guys got put down like they were a joke, especially Roode and Nakamura. By the end it just ended up being another Triple H handjob match. Shane ended up being the last one on team SD, against Angle, Strowman and Hunter. So Angle puts Shane in the Ankle look and right as Shane is about to tap, Triple H interferes, Pedigrees Angle and puts Shane on top of him eliminating him. So it looked like they were going to pull a swerve on us with Triple H helping Shane take down Strowman, but nope Hunter just hits a Pedigree on Shane and pins him for the win. This felt really stupid, and it made this match feel like an even bigger joke. Anyway after the match Triple H is looking at Strowman and he is like it's just a prank bro, but Strowman ain't having none of that garbage so he slams his ass twice, ending the show on a very disappointing note.

Overall : 7.5/10

Even though the main event fell flat, this was still a fun show for me, mostly because of the Styles/Lesnar and Shield/New Day matches. It also had a damn good tag team match, and the rest was all good/decent. I would say its the third best PPV of the year behind the Royal Rumble and Great Ballz of Fire.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Stop baiting members with your crap posts
Oh look, someone's doing a little troll gimmick with a name they took from a comment section on YouTube. How original. Really

Huh? I'm not trolling. I'm being sarcastic. There's a difference.

More star ratings, please! They're spectacular.