• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Mario Bros: The Movie (2023)

Deezy

DZ PZ
If they wanted this to be more close to the source material than I need to see midgets run through an obstacle course on one hard cam as the title character headbutts floating bricks all while randomly jumping on people and crushing their heads and spines.

Sabretooth

Well the movie looks absolutely gorgeous. The character designs are perfect. The story idk about yet. Seems every childish but we’ll see on that. Interesting thing is Luigi working for Bowser?

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Rainbow Road:bron

Anya as Princess Peach:fap

Could Luigi be working with Bowser that would be insane to see them versus each other and of course he changes side.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
i honestly think they missed a trick relying on known live action stars and should have instead hired top voice actors instead tbh

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
i honestly think they missed a trick relying on known live action stars and should have instead hired top voice actors instead tbh
This is a major complaint I have about animated movies in general. It's even more frustrating in my country because we have excellent voice actors (I like to remind people that the creator of The Simpsons absolutely loves the French voice for Homer), yet they insist on using people that are famous because of social media or YouTube but who do an absolutely awful job.

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
I agree that the animation looks wonderful. The feel looks right. The voices, not just Mario, but all of them feel jarring to me in general. Unfortunately, even animation movies feel the need to have the "names" they can use to market the movie but it's Mario! He should be able to sell himself.

I hope this is good and I can ultimately get past the voices. My worry is it just looks like they're overstuffing stuff into the movie and cramming so much Mario lore/content into one movie.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Hard disagree in regards to big stars not making great voice actors or not translating well as far as marketing goes.

I think the voices sound fine, it is extremely obvious they are not going for the original voices but something that actually works in a cinematic film. Jack Black is already established as a phenomenal voice actor, and his whole deal was he was the marketing for Kung-Fu Panda.

So I guess fundamentally I have zero issue with big names being used as voice actors as long as they fit the vision, and it appears they do.

Y2Jayne

D9B428CA-0B57-403F-BE26-BAC37D588471.jpeg
53108275-98B2-4DC9-91F0-A54AB0063CD6.jpeg
FF05C4DD-7D84-4331-B428-88C63AA9C195.jpeg
ADC05334-C861-40D5-A92F-C27DAD5A2040.jpeg
77708757-CB77-4AA0-B78F-E9DDFDF84E6D.jpeg
043CAD71-B62E-4A29-8BD6-2458AF8B8311.jpeg

Y2Jayne

I really hope this movie is at the very least entertaining and fun because I can see myself watching it once in a while just because it's so colorful and pretty, like Angry Birds (underrated animated flick)

Sabretooth

Hard disagree in regards to big stars not making great voice actors or not translating well as far as marketing goes.

I think the voices sound fine, it is extremely obvious they are not going for the original voices but something that actually works in a cinematic film. Jack Black is already established as a phenomenal voice actor, and his whole deal was he was the marketing for Kung-Fu Panda.

So I guess fundamentally I have zero issue with big names being used as voice actors as long as they fit the vision, and it appears they do.
Jack Black sounds amazing as Bowser for sure. Chris Pratt as Mario though I’m not a fan of. It literally just sounds like Chris Pratt’ real voice. He didn’t do anything special with it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
its a bit of an uninspired mario but i think it will likely be fine even if it sounds like Emmet from Lego Movie. Jack Black def gonna kill it. Seth Rogan is fine, though, I would have not picked him for dk. I would have went with a much bassier voice for dk since hes a giant fucking gorilla