Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Philadelphia

It has only taken me 20 years to finally watch this film, was on tv today so took the opportunity to actually watch it. Hanks and Denzel were fantastic in their roles, perfect performances for a tough topic at the time. It is odd watching it now based on their reactions to someone with aids, they were worried that touching something with aids could give them the disease. Things have changed a lot just in a couple of decades, shows how dangerous mis-information can be. It was a strong story and it was executed well. Minor complaint about some of the choices of camera shots and angles used that didn't quite fit the serious vibe of the film. Overall I am glad that I decided to watch it, should have caught up with it years ago.

Rating: 9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Rendition (2007) 6.5/10
A decent stab at telling the complex story of the shifty methoids of the modern CIA in attempting to get information from terror suspects (or how they suspect them in the first place) the cast are all very good, with Streep playing the sort of cold, nasty role she should play more often. It is both stylish and atmosphereic, but at times felt a little too preatchy and lacked a bit of focused due to one too many subplots. In the end it did tie itself up a bit too neatly, but still a worth while film.

What They Don't Talk About When They Talk About Love (2013) 8/10
Saw this as part of the Terracotta film festival, its an Indonesia film set in a special needs boarding school focusing on three different students all quite different from one another. It is very slow moving film in places, but I found it to be very moving, funny and oddly creepy in places. At times it is hard to figure out wether certain scenes are meant to be funny or serious. The characters and performances are very subtle, and so much is left open for the viewer to discribe. The music by Zeke Khasel is wonderful. Hope this gets a UK release at some point.

AF.

Reaction score
Movies I've watched recently:

3:10 to Yuma

After never hearing about this movie, and seeing it randomly at the DVD store I decided to rent it and watch it, afterall it has Bale and Crowe in it. I really enjoyed this. A simple plot that is executed fairly well aside from a couple loopholes and silly moments, it is a very enjoyable Western. I found it a bit strange at points, mainly with the ending and how Crowe's character aids Bale in getting himself captured. In any realistic setting, this would not happen. Nevertheless, the concept was there, and aside from a few flaws this is still a pretty great film that I'll definitely watch again soon.

8/10

21 and Over

Seems as though I enjoyed it more than the folk at IMDB. Definitely not a movie that takes itself seriously, nor a movie you should dissect. Just watch it, laugh at the funny and stupid moments and don't look too far into this. It is a perfectly fine 90 minute filler that'll leave you feeling good.

7/10

Snitch

Went into this with low expectations and I'm glad, because I'm pretty blown away. Dwayne (THE ROCK) Johnson is great here. He isn't the brute you typically see in his other films. He's rather an average guy who get's his head in way too deep and it's great to see how he can work the Cartel and the DEA at the same time. The concept is good, there aren't really many flaws at all within the script and it's a perfectly fine Drama/Action movie that is underrated in my opinion.

8.25/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Admission (2013) 6.5/10
Enjoyable comedy with a credible performance from Tina Fey and some smart satire on the class system in America and the importance placed on high education. Lilly Tomlin is also great fun as her Mum, but Paul Rudd is a little too bland. The middle drags and the romance subplot doesn't quite work, but it is a sweet and funny film in places. More hit than miss.

AF.

Reaction score
Man of Steel

Went into this with high hopes and expectations, and having never read or seen Superman I can ultimately say that I'm actively interested in the franchise from this movie. First thoughts as I was watching the movie was that it isn't friendly to the first time Superman viewer. Me and my friends knew nothing about Krypton, or Jor-El or Zod or anything. It was confusing at first, and I still have things that I'm looking back on and I'm not fully sure how they were justified/explained to the audience aside from Crowe talking about everything (which was confusing in it's own right because he died at the start...). The initial narrative moves very fast, and despite me knowing little about Superman I find it the best portion of the film. The flashback sequences are really well done but it was hard to differentiate between a flashback and present time. I wish they emphasized his childhood more, with even more flashbacks and moments showing how his current mindset towards his powers are. There isn't really a time where we doubted Superman, and I'm not sure if that's how it's meant to be, but at some stage I felt like we should be thinking how Superman is going to fail, or whether or not he will betray Earth.

He ends up walking into a Spaceship at one point, and I was like 'what the fuck? How did he find that?'. I'm not sure whether it was explained but it was really random. It seemed a bit rushed. I wish they focussed more of the movie on storytelling instead of the mindless action. That being said, the movie was gorgeous. Music and sounds are stunning, visuals are breathtaking and everything looks really shmick. It's one of those movies where you sit there and think, fuck how much did this cost? Some of the effects are visually unreal. And the accompanied music really gives the film it's emotion (which is pretty devoid in the characters).

Despite all the obvious flaws, I think it is a great action movie. Effects are 10/10. I just wish they focussed more on Clarke himself, and who he is as a person. Maybe they will take that approach in the sequel.

8/10

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Fast 5

Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but far from the greatest. Rocks a badass in it, but its one of those movies were there are just sooooo many little things wrong with it and Paul Walker is just annoying for some reason, impossible to believe him as a badass.

5.5/10

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Ted

Going into this, I wasn't sure I would enjoy it or not, as Seth MacFarlane's tv shows have been getting rather dull for me. But then the kid getting beat up even picked on Johnny, and it was like reliving a part of my childhood, where I was geeky enough to get picked on, but still able to pick on the other, more nerdy kids at school.

The hooker taking a shit on the floor, Ted being promoted for having the balls to bang co-workers, The Tick making out with Green Lantern, and Joel McHale being one perverted son of a bitch really made this movie for me.

8/10

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The Hobbit

I read the book and the LOTR trilogy when I was younger and loved the LOTR movies, though I rarely watch them due to the long running times. Its cool having all those little things I remember from the book on screen and all the parts I cant remember. Great visuals as expected, makes me want to take my family over to New Zealand where I was born. Great acting by all involved, epic fight scenes, great story and a few comedy moments to lighten it up. Watched it twice this week actually.

9.5/10

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Silver Bullet

Stephen King movie from the 80s about some crippled kid who gets caught up with a werewolf. I also can't forget to add the kid's guardian was Gary Busey. He plays an amazing drunk Uncle in this film. He also is quite the role model for this cripple kid with all the lying and exaggerating he does throughout the movie. He makes up for it other ways though like building him a specialized wheelchair that goes super fast which the kid picks up chicks with. Later in the movie some sort of party is happening and the werewolf shows up to cause havoc. He eventually gets taken out but it wasn't as an eventful ending as I would have liked after some solid build up. Still, you can never really go wrong with some Gary Busey. He should have had more scenes.

7.5/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
This is the End
A real hit and miss film for me. Some very funny moments throughout, other moments fell completely flat for me. The whole "they're not what you think!" schtick wore a little tin at times, even though I thought Jonah Hill was the best part of the film. The weakest part about the film was easily Jay Baruchel's involvement in it. His broken bromance story with Rogen just didn't work and because of that the film suffered. The film was almost exactly what I expected it to be like though, so in the end I wasn't disappointed by it. A fairly enjoyable film overall, despite its faults. 6/10

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Wanderlust
6.9/10 Let me first make a few things clear... I am not a fan of Jennifer Aniston, I watched every episode of The State on its original airing, and I have unrealisitc expectations for everything The State Crew puts forth and they rarely live up........ All that said, this movie had me at least giggling throughout and downright laughing for much more than I thought going in...I know it's not for everyone , but the throw in, off the wall lines get me every time and nobody does it better than David Wain and Ken Marino... The talking in the mirror scene with Paul Rudd had me laughing harder than I remember laughing in recent memory..... Alan Alda is maybe THE most underrated actor of all time and I just love anything he does..... soooooooooooo, why only a 6.9/10.... the plot is sketchy at best, Jennifer Aniston is just NOT believable in the role, Joe La'Truglio's dick, not enough Michael Showalter, Michael Ian Black and David Wain...... I would recommend this flick to most people but then again most people would find it stupid and uninteresting......I like having an odd sense of humor

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Great Gatsby (2012) 4/10
Empty and lavish show off cinema at its most indulgent. Di Caprio made for a chilling Gatsby, and Carey Mulligan was again excellent, but Toby McGuire was dreadful and just his character too distracting to the overall focus of the story. Main problem was that Luhrmann's style just didn't fit Gatsby, unlike in the book I never believed in the tension between the characters. It was over long too.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Much Ado About Nothing (2012) 7.5/10
Whedon's unique use of black and white along with a cool, dreamy jazz soundtrack gives this modern retelling of Shakespare a hip and engrossing style. The cast are also really good, best of all Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker and Nathan Fillion. If you are not used to the language or know the story (which I didn't) it maybe a struggle at first, but by the end I was seduced by the whole thing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Much Ado About Nothing (2012) 7.5/10
Whedon's unique use of black and white along with a cool, dreamy jazz soundtrack gives this modern retelling of Shakespare a hip and engrossing style. The cast are also really good, best of all Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker and Nathan Fillion. If you are not used to the language or know the story (which I didn't) it maybe a struggle at first, but by the end I was seduced by the whole thing.

Sorry bro, I thought Kenneth Branagh made a better version in the 90s. Shooting shit in black and white and using people I know from sci-fi didn't really do it for me and I dig Shakespeare movies.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've not seen the new one but the old one was pretty good.