Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
Kill Bill Vol. 1

Insane movie. Tarantino really is a master, and I love how his movies can be bloody, gory, feature completely intense storylines but still don't take themselves too seriously. Kill Bill Vol. 1 is pure fun.

8.5/10

Kill Bill Vol. 2

The much more storyline focussed sequel of the first doesn't feature as much violence as the first but is still a great movie. Something that was lacking from the first was a little backstory to The Bride and Bill, and in this movie we get most of it. Whilst I didn't enjoy it as much as the first, it is still a great film that offers a good insight into The Bride's story and also has some great moments like the buried alive scene, but not nearly as memorable and enjoyable as the first. Something felt missing.

7.5/10

Last edited:

Ryan

Reaction score
Finally saw Skyfall after months of waiting for it to come out on blu-ray. I'm a big Craig fan and I thought this film was his best, but I was sad to see Judi Dench get killed off. I really would've liked to see her continue. The return of Moneypenny and Q were welcome though.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Shame
Brilliant film. This is the first film I've seen from Steve McQueen (which isn't surprising considering this is only his second film), and I have to say I really liked what I saw. The way he manages to capture an entire scene in one shot without it becoming boring is a testament to how good a director he actually is. It's a style that brings out the best from the cast, and also suits the tone of the film extremely well. I also loved Fassbender and Mulligan's performances in this as well. It was a highly demanding role for both of them, but both really did make it their own and managed put on excellent performances. Many scenes will make you want to look anywhere but the screen, but it's so engaging that you can't keep your eyes off of it. 9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Shame
Brilliant film. This is the first film I've seen from Steve McQueen (which isn't surprising considering this is only his second film), and I have to say I really liked what I saw. The way he manages to capture an entire scene in one shot without it becoming boring is a testament to how good a director he actually is. It's a style that brings out the best from the cast, and also suits the tone of the film extremely well. I also loved Fassbender and Mulligan's performances in this as well. It was a highly demanding role for both of them, but both really did make it their own and managed put on excellent performances. Many scenes will make you want to look anywhere but the screen, but it's so engaging that you can't keep your eyes off of it. 9/10

Good man, one of the best films of last year, found it truly haunting and yet oddly compelling, like you said fantastic performances.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Hellraiser: Revelations 0/10

I am a huge fan of this series, and for a movie that claims to be a sequel, it pulls a lot of the same shit a remake would. Retells a similar story to the original, recasts the main characters, and yet still manages to be worse than Hellworld.

I don't know who the genius was in charge of casting, but Asians playing Mexicans isn't cool, nevermind this is the only Hellraiser that Doug Bradley has not been Pinhead(yet he actually is playing him in Clive Barkers remake), the story was something you would expect to see in some 4th grade play, and for being a series that is well known for its visual effects, it somehow fails there too.

75 minutes of my life I want back, no wonder Clive Barker didn't want his name on this one.

AF.

Reaction score
Juno - 5.510

Wasn't really my thing. Boring, lackluster and couldn't get into it.

American Beauty - 9.25/10

Just fantastic. Not sure how it's taken me this long to finally watch it. Actually never even heard of it until 3-4 weeks ago.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Mama
Scariest film I've seen in a very long time. The set-up is very good, with the two girls and Jessica Chastain putting in some pretty good performances. The ghost itself is also very well presented, even though they probably show a bit too much of her as the film goes on. Also, the story does drift off a bit too much though I felt. For the first hour or so it's pretty damn scary, but as it goes on I feel that it turns into more of a fantasy than a horror. It's still scary throughout, but the story ends up going somewhere I don't think it should have gone. There's also big question marks over the ending of the film, although if they plan on making a sequel (which I hear they might be) then I guess that will clear things up. 6/10

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Argo

Great movie. The cast seemed to really mesh together very well and kind of feed off each other. You don't see that very often anymore. Ben Affleck proves why he should be Best Director. The only flaw I have with this film is that it felt like everything happened too quickly. That's about it for me. I loved it overall.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Copycat (1995) 6.5/10
Fairly standard hollywood thriller, lifted by the subtle and commanding performances of Holly Hunter and Sigourney Weaver. Some of the set pieces are clunky and over blown, it isn't that scary, but the writing and pacing is pretty effective.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The Hobbit

Great film, the cast worked very well together. Something I always love seeing, movies generally suck if the cast can't feed off each other. I found the movie to be really graphic effects heavy. It kind of took away from the Lord of the Rings experience we are so used to from the previous films. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the ending as it really felt like generic movie ending. But it set up for the next film which will probably be a huge hit. If it wasn't for the crazy graphics it really would have felt like an adventure film.

8/10

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Mama
Scariest film I've seen in a very long time. The set-up is very good, with the two girls and Jessica Chastain putting in some pretty good performances. The ghost itself is also very well presented, even though they probably show a bit too much of her as the film goes on. Also, the story does drift off a bit too much though I felt. For the first hour or so it's pretty damn scary, but as it goes on I feel that it turns into more of a fantasy than a horror. It's still scary throughout, but the story ends up going somewhere I don't think it should have gone. There's also big question marks over the ending of the film, although if they plan on making a sequel (which I hear they might be) then I guess that will clear things up. 6/10

The only thing that I didn't really care for in the movie was how Blue Mama's face actually looked once you saw it. The creepy flashback origin(-ish) scene was awesome though.

Spring Breakers
Real fun movie for sure, not good by any means but I'd watch the second half of it over again for sure. The first half though was pretty boring other than the first two minutes which was just random girls shaking their tits in bikinis. The only thing I really didn't like about this movie was Selena Gomez, her dialogue was poor and her character also just really brought down the movie. James Franco was hilarious in this though, straight THUGGIN' the whole time, I wish he would have shown up sooner because once he did, the movie really started getting good. Other than Franco, Ashley Benson and Vanessa Hudgens acting slutty and being BADASS at the same time was definitely the best part of the movie. The ending was pretty awesome too, though completely unrealistic. Like I said, fun movie to watch, but I can't see a critic rating it over a 5/10 because the story was pretty weak and the acting wasn't there, but it was still entertaining. Plus, boobs.
6/10

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone 7/10

I was very pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see another positive review for it. I am still not sure why it was panned by the critics and why it hasn't earnt that much money at the box office. It isn't what you expect but it is still a good movie.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So I had a lazy day and watched 3 movies that I had not seen.

The Expendables 2:

Great flick. Nowhere near a masterpiece of film making but I had a lot of fun watching it and honestly, it may have been my favourite thing I watched today. I do wish though that I had a bit more plot to sink my teeth into but I think that JCVD as the lead villain more than made up for any of that. 8/10

The Big Lebowski:
I put off watching this for a looooong time because of how much it was hyped to me. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it was bad, it's just that there is no possible way that this movie could have lived up to what I had come to expect. It's very funny and has some tremendous moments but it didn't really stand out for me. 6.5/10 However, I get this feeling that the score may change in a little bit. I get the feeling I should probably watch it again in a few days now that I've gotten all those expectations out of the way.

Apocalypse Now

Great flick. Using The End by the Doors to start off your movie is the surest way to get my attention. Robert Duvall was fucking awesome and Dennis Hopper as the photo journalist really took me off guard. It seems like it should have been such a small role but he did so much with it. Martin Sheen kicked some ass and seeing Harrison Ford at the beginning was a bit of a trip. The story itself was interesting even if it wasn't out of the ordinary but the actors and the way they portrayed their characters took a rather ordinary story and made it extraordinary. If you haven't seen it. Watch it now. 9/10

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2