Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Killa Season-10/10

Greatest comedy of all-time and I hope Cam does indeed get to make the sequel.

Kairi

Reaction score
fast 5 - 3/5 it was ok but i didn't like it as much as i thought i would

Kairi

Reaction score
the town - 3/5 not a big ben affleck fan but he surprised me here.

Ben

Reaction score
I Love You, Man: 8/10 Solid comedy lots of good jokes Paul Rudd and Jason Segal both kill it in the main roles

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Drive. It didn't quite reinvent the action genre as some people would have you believe, but its certainly akin to films like Thief and To Live and Die in LA. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a little atmosphere with their action and who doesn't mind thinking during an action film. 8.5/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Cup

Australian film that covers the story of Damien Oliver in the lead up to his Melboure Cup winning ride on Media Puzzle in 2002. I knew that he had won the race but I never knew the full details behind it. It is an incredible story and a heart warming film to watch. Stephen Curry is great as always as Damien Oliver, he dropped a ton of weight to do this role. Jodi Gordon is surprisingly good as Oliver's partner, I didn't expect much from the Home and Away actress but she was very good in the role. My only complaint is that whilst the wider shots looked good, the close up shots looked slightly grainy and a bit cheap. Overall a really enjoyable film and it is great seeing another strong Australian film being released.

Rating: 7/10

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Oh good for you, that is in my top ten of the year so far, Knightly is improving as a actress all the time.

Yeah and the nudity doesn't hurt her standings.

Driver
It really is bland and I don't know why I love it but I do.
8/10

Killswitch

Reaction score
Going The Distance - Holy shit, this was surprisingly very funny. Buoyed by a lot of hilarious supporting players, this movie would've been hugely successful if Justin Long wasn't the star. Great script. 4/5

Ben

Reaction score
The A Team: One of those movies I wanted to see when it originally came out but never got around to it. Wouldn't say it was great, but for a action movie it got the job done and kept me entertained for the whole 2 hours: 7/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Contagion

Had the day off last Friday and I wanted to see Red Dog but that wasn't showing so my next choice was Contagion. I had seen the trailer but it didn't look that interesting but because Matt Damon was in it I decided to give it a shot and boy I am glad I did. The movie is so much better than the trailer implies and really the trailer does a disservice to the movie. The general storyline is about someone getting sick with a new strain of illness and how quickly it all spreads. Matt Damon plays a husband and father whose family is infected with this bug. It takes you through the timeline from day one onwards as people get sick and how it spreads. It also covers the scientists trying to figure out what this is and trying to find a vaccine. Then on the flipside you have a blogger who is creating panic and trying to get people to think that the government is lying to them. It shows panic as the days go on but eventually a vaccine is found but not before a lot of people die. I will say that the final minute of the film is fantastic how it wraps the whole storyline up. It is an all star cast with so many great performances. I am very glad I saw this and I highly recommend it.

Rating: 8/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Contagion

I had orginally planned to see something else when I went to the cinemas but that wasn't on anymore so my next choice was Contagion. I had seen the trailer but it didn't look that interesting but because Matt Damon was in it I decided to give it a shot and boy I am glad I did. The movie is so much better than the trailer implies and really the trailer does a disservice to the movie. The general storyline is about someone getting sick with a new strain of illness and how quickly it all spreads. Matt Damon plays a husband and father whose family is infected with this bug. It takes you through the timeline from day one onwards as people get sick and how it spreads. It also covers the scientists trying to figure out what this is and trying to find a vaccine. Then on the flipside you have a blogger who is creating panic and trying to get people to think that the government is lying to them. It shows panic as the days go on but eventually a vaccine is found but not before a lot of people die. I will say that the final minute of the film is fantastic how it wraps the whole storyline up. It is an all star cast with so many great performances. I am very glad I saw this and I highly recommend it.

Rating: 8/10

Killswitch

Reaction score
Drive Angry - Mr Cage returns from Hell to hunt down his granddaugter and the killer of his daughter. The acting was horrendous, but the violence was pretty good. This movie was a 3D, so seeing it normally was sorta odd. 2/5

It would have received a 1, but there was a pleasant amount of tits.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Real Steel
If you've seen Over the Top with Sylvester Stallone you've seen Real Steel that being said both are probably
7/10

In Time
This one is a bit different it's the Justin Timberlake Amanda Seyfried movie. Where everything is purchased with time you have left in your life. Very interesting the only bad part about it is that Justin Timberlake can't fake cry worth his life other than that suprisingly good
7.5/10

TheZig

Reaction score
The Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

Anyone who enjoyed the original 1968 Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston would have been cautious about watching this film. The name says it all plot wise, The movie is based around how our planet taken over by our hairy counter part. A Alzheimer's cure is being tested on Apes which show staggering results of increased their intelligence dramatically. The Ape this movie revolves around his called Ceasar who's mother died in the testing lab when they assumed she had gone crazy but was just protecting her unborn baby. All the others are put down due to contamination and Ceasar is taken home by the lead scientist, After years of raising the Ape Ceasar, He starts to question his roots. Then a incident which gets him put in a Ape sanctuary triggers something to help lead his new found friends to domination.

The only thing that was a downfall for me was the lack of explaination what happened after the final scene. Anyone who enjoyed the original and i don't mean the terrible sequels will suprisingly enjoy this movie.
7.5/10

Ben

Reaction score
Bad Teacher: 2/10

Stay away from this movie, Cameron Diaz is believable in her role but she's just not funny and neither is the move. Jason Segal kills it in his small role and is easliy the best part of the film.