Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
District 9

10/10

One of my favourite movies to have come along in ages. I've always been a big fan of the alien movie genre and this movie presented a completely new and different take on that. The acting throughout is fantastic, the camera style keeps you engrossed, its just all round a great movie.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
District 9

10/10

One of my favourite movies to have come along in ages. I've always been a big fan of the alien movie genre and this movie presented a completely new and different take on that. The acting throughout is fantastic, the camera style keeps you engrossed, its just all round a great movie.

Pete

Reaction score
^I thought it didn't live up to the hype. The first part, sure, but then it takes a swerve towards just another dumb explosion movie, and completely unravels.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Liberal Arts (2012) 7/10
At first thought this was going to be another cheesy, clitched indie comedy where characters do quirky things just to express their emotions and to give the film some kind of indie cred. The pointless Zach Efron camino set alarm bells ringing, however once it settles down is actually a thought provoking and charming film with some interesting ideas about the modern world, the power of art, youth vs. old and other such things. Elizabeth Orlson was again fantastic I truly believed in her characters struggles but also her appeal to the older guy. Richard Jenkins and Allison Janney were great fun too. Not perfect but well worth a look.

Looper (2012) 8/10
In whats been a decent year for intelligent blockbusters this maybe the best of the bunch. It takes riffs from a tonne of other movies, but still manages to keep its own idenity. What seprates it from many modern Sci-Fi's is the character depth and how I had emotions invested in them. For example while at times you could pick fault in the future version of Willis/Levitt's character for attempting to kill a child you also understood his emotions (and thats as much as I am willing to give away!). The cast are excellent, and Emily Blunt who has been the actress of the year for me (Your Sisters Sister, Five Year Engagement) shows a different side to her and handles a tricky role with ease.

While You Were Sleeping (1995) 7/10
A bit of a cheesy guilty pleasure this one, have always had a soft spot for Sandra Bullock and think that she does comedy really well as she proves here. The idea is a little silly, but she does convince as an everyday girl with a good heart. Theres enough sweetness, comedy and cheese to keep things ticking along.

Paranorman (2012) 7.5/10
Very enjoyable hour and a half, with great animation and funny characters. Its not as scary as something like Caroline, but does have broad appeal for both adults and kids. And thank fuck I got to see it in 2D!

Pete

Reaction score
^I'm dreading Paranorman off the poster alone. Is it worth seeing as a single adult ('sans' kid)? Or is it 'just another' forgettable kiddie movie?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^I'm dreading Paranorman off the poster alone. Is it worth seeing as a single adult ('sans' kid)? Or is it 'just another' forgettable kiddie movie?

Its worth seeing as an adult. The effects are great, and there are jokes that will appeal like the reference to Halloween. The characters are well written too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Caddyshack

I had never seen this movie and I had always wanted to because I heard so much about it. It was on tv the other day so I tuned in to see if it lived up to the hype. First of all it has some of my favourites comedians in the movie in Murray, Chase and Dangerfield so I was pretty much guaranteed to like it with them being in it. Good story and there are some classic jokes in there. Enjoyable funny movie and I can't believe I didn't track it down earlier. Not sure it lived up to the hype though as one of the greatest of all time but still a very good film.

Rating: 8/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kill Bill Vol. 1
First time I've seen this is years. When I first saw it I only really liked it because of the violence, but it's only really after I watched it again that I realised just how good this film is. Of course the violence is still really good; It's gory, yet comically over-the-top. Tarantino finds a way to balance it out, and not just with the violence, but with the whole narrative as well. Not many filmmakers can put spaghetti western influenced fight scenes, long anime styled flashbacks, and martial arts homages together and make it all fit in so well. 8/10

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The Expendables 2
8.5/10

I really enjoyed the movie. This is the type of film that doesn't require a real plot. It's just good wholesome violence. It's got a lot of the cheesy stuff we loved from all the actors in it's older films. Plus how the fuck you going to go wrong with Chuck Norris! Good senseless violence is always fun. Would have gotten a 9, but the graphics are really subpar to what we see in today's films. Overall, if you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

Pete

Reaction score
007 Skyfall - 4/5 (8/10)
Even very very casual Bond fans will enjoy Skyfall, a great homage to all things Bond, as well as a rollicking action movie in its own right. Photography throughout is stunning, and the opening action scene is absolutely riveting. The subplot with Bond's fellow MI6 people is also very well done and never lags when compared to Bond's actual investigative and action parts. The acting is also superb, with Javier Bardem in particular turning in a typically spellbinding performance as a deranged former agent, and Dame Judi Dench oozing class as M (and getting to do a bit of shooting herself!). The highlight of this movie, however, is the new Q, a very young but very talented actor which strikes the perfect balance between comedic nerdy awkwardness and actual efficiency that seems to lack in so many movie scientists. Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney and, of course, Craig himself round up a fine ensemble cast, who deliver a very competent action movie.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Unforgiven: When I saw this movie on my guide, I thought it was the classic movie starring Clint Eastwood and when I tuned in, I was surprised to see this move from the 60s starring Burt Lancaster, I was interested and kept watching. what I got was an offensive movie that had a stolen native girl and a white family that described her as a "red-hide Nope" and has an adopted brother who loves his injun sister.....I'm adopted and never have I ever thought of a family member like that. The climax of the movie portrays the injuns as superstitious morons who attack a piano and the native girl kills her real brother because she would rather be the hated not white girl in a white family instead of an injun.

1 lyncing out of 10.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Very good sequel. I like the way Tarantino changed the tone a bit for this one, the pace was much slower, and there wasn't as much action compared to the first one, but none of those are criticisms because it was still just as gripping and enjoyable as Vol. 1. Only thing I wasn't mad about was the last scene with Bill. His Superman speech was a bit unnecessary, and I think Beatrix's reaction to seeing that her child was still alive could have done with more attention (even though her initial reaction to seeing her was brilliant). Overall though, this was a really enjoyable film. 8/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Moneyball

I finally got around to seeing this film. I had high expectations going in because of the entire cast involved and because of the accolades it was receiving around awards season. Plus I am a sports fan so pretty much any sports movie has my attention. I watched it and I have to be honest I was disappointed. The movie moved at a terrible pace, it was much too slow and they could easily have cut 20-30 minutes from the film. It took an hour for the film to go anywhere as the flow was just all wrong, too many long awkward pauses. Whoever edited that film did the story a disservice because they actually had a great story that should have been easy to make into a great film. I did enjoy most of the movie as the story is just fantastic I just feel that the execution was poor especially early on. Pitt was great in the role and after a weak start Jonah Hill was quite impressive. If they had cut 25 minutes and improved the flow it would have been a great film.

Rating: 6.5/10

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Manborg (and the accompanying short Bio-Cop)

If anyone has seen Community, Manborg is basically Kick Puncher. An homage to cheesy campy sci-fi/horror 80's movies. The armies of hell have invaded earth, and the armies of man are trying their hardest to fight a losing war. 2 Brothers stand up against Count Draculon, and are brutally murdered. Years later, the younger of the brothers wakes up in a box in an alleyway, as Manborg, half man, half hell machinery, 100% badass. We are then introduced to the rest of the cast, #1 Man(a karate expert, and former trainer of Hell's combatants, looks like Liu Kang) his love interest Mina, and her brother Justice(who for some reason has an Australian accent) who are forced into arena battles for the amusement of Hell's minions.

I couldnt stop laughing the entire time, and had the chance to talk to Steven Kostanski, the director of all of Astron-6's films.

Bio-Cop is a short, shot like a trailer. In the vein of Maniac Cop, or Robocop. For only being 5 minutes long, was the funniest 5 minutes I have even seen in a theatre. After the showing Steven said that he would be filming a full version for it.

9/10(if you like campy b-movies)

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Moonrise Kingdom

I don't really know what to say about this.... Usually Wes Anderson hits on all levels for me, but this movie just left me wondering what exactly it was I just watched. Bruce Willis and Ed Norton are both pretty good playing the dimwitted Police officer and Scout leader and of course Bill Murray delivers as he always does. I am a HUGE Frances Mcdormand fan so I was disappointed by how small a role she played. After films like The Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums, and of course Rushmore... i guess I was just expecting more. It wasn't bad it just wasn't nearly as good as these other three

5-5.5/10