Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Overall, it was a great film and probably the best superhero film besides Avengers/Winter Solider.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Overall, it was a great film and probably the best superhero film besides Avengers/Winter Solider.

9/10

Which film are you talking about?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ So better than the last X-Men film then? Might catch this at some point, but might have to wait until it comes on TV/Netflix etc.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
A Million Ways to Die in The West
Funny, premise and had quite abit of good bits. Reminds me of a Family Guy episode, with the rushed ending, but 3/4 of the movie are very enjoyable, I laughed, I didn't compare it to Ted, which would've not done it any favours.
7/10

X-Men: Days of Futures Past

Apparently wrong character was used to go back in time, but nobody gives two shits about that original character over the oney maker, fuck you comic nerds, movies DO NOT have to be literal translations, because some shit don't attract flies. Good movie, not sure I liked the movie being based around someone who was basically a background character the entire franchise. But good action, most of the CGI don't look fake as fuck.
8/10

300: Rise of an Empire
I love cartoonish violence, but this was totally a DP's way of jacking off all over the screen, too much style and not enough story. Take a few from the cliche column and add some blood with some slow motion sword fighting and you get this sequel......Added point solely for Eva Green's boobage
6/10

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Liked this way better than the first one, and liked it better than the last Iron Man and Thor movies. Did think the movie did too many swerves and it got a tad convoluted towards the end and the CGI was too obvious, still alright. also, think that tree guy from Guardians of The Galaxy will have competition for more wooden performance by GSP's villain scenes.....
upload_2014-6-23_0-37-14.jpeg

8/10

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Solomon Kane

A decent comic book adaptation that includes a performance from Rory "The Hound" McCaan. A former killer turned Puritan, he is forced back into a life of violence when a young woman is kidnapped and her family killed. 6/10

Blitz

Pretty much what you would expect from a Jason Statham movie, with added points for casting Aiden "Littlefinger" Gillen, and David "The Governor" Morrissey. 5/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
22 Jump Street
Hilarious film. I was glad to see how self aware they were of doing a sequel, and the meta kind of humour worked so well. They didn't overdo it though, which was good. They managed to find a good balance to appeal to those who just want the straight forward jokes and action that comes with it. Really good performances from Hill and Tatum as well, who I think work really well together. 8/10

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Loved it. Probably my favourite X-Men film to date. McAvoy and Fassbender were simply brilliant in this, and have proved to be such a fantastic addition to the franchise. The story was also extremely well done, with the added metaphors and what not coming off strong. Everything just came off so well. 9/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
22 Jump Street
Hilarious film. I was glad to see how self aware they were of doing a sequel, and the meta kind of humour worked so well. They didn't overdo it though, which was good. They managed to find a good balance to appeal to those who just want the straight forward jokes and action that comes with it. Really good performances from Hill and Tatum as well, who I think work really well together. 8/10
Agreed, this movie was better than the original imo. The Ice Cube/Jonah Hill dynamic was off the charts and lead to the biggest laughs of the movie. And even though the plot was basically, "remember the last movie? Yeah, think opposite". I enjoyed this.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Two Faces of January (2014)

Directed by the writer of Drive, and from a Patricia Highsmith novel, this feels a little light on action, or twists compared with the Talented Mr Ripley. However, it is very stylish, and the cast are pretty solid, with Viggo Mortensen stealing the film. In places it is enjoyable, and does have some edge, the direction is also quite strong for a first film, but at times the film did drag too much, and it just felt like three good actors enjoying themselves and the scenery until the next great film came along.

6/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A Touch of Sin (2014)

Jia Zhangke's latest is made up of four different stories and characters who resort to violence (in some cases when you don't expect them too), it is all about the fall out to these actions, and there are themes about modern China, the class system and human rights issues. Its a distinctive engaging film, with shocking moments, touches of black comedy, and subtle acting. Easily one of the best films I have seen this year.

9/10

How To Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

So went with my friend and how boy to see this (he is six btw), hadn't seen the first film so it took a bit of getting into, but I enjoyed it for the most part, it was funny, touching, and had some darkness to it also. A much violent film than I was expecting.

7/10

Begin Again (2014)

This was a free screening so worth taking a chance on and the film pretty much delivered. Mark Ruffalo was convincing as the washed up music producer with a passion for the business, but he is also believable as the more charming and funny guy we see later in the film. Keira Knightley is doing her best to recreate herself as quirky pixie girl, and actually does it very well here. She actually has good comic timing, and I found to be quite charming, and played well off Ruffalo. The music was also well handled, and for the most part I believed in the characters, and the story, it was funny and touching enough to get over some iffy plot points.

7.5/10

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Boyhood
Knowing how effortlessly well Linklater does with stories chronicling characters lives, I had high hopes going into this film. For a 12 year long story not once does it lose track or become boring. Instead, it's hugely enjoyable from start to finish, with everyone putting in consistently good performances along the way. The manner in which Linklater keeps up with the main characters real life changes in life is really something to be admired, and he finds a way to shift through the years in a brilliantly subtle way. Easily one of the best films of the year. 10/10

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Boyhood
Knowing how effortlessly well Linklater does with stories chronicling characters lives, I had high hopes going into this film. For a 12 year long story not once does it lose track or become boring. Instead, it's hugely enjoyable from start to finish, with everyone putting in consistently good performances along the way. The manner in which Linklater keeps up with the main characters real life changes in life is really something to be admired, and he finds a way to shift through the years in a brilliantly subtle way. Easily one of the best films of the year. 10/10

Excellent! I have high hopes for that myself.

On the Waterfront (1954)

Another powerful drama directed by Elia Kazan and featuring Marlon Brando. It is gritty, stylish, and is well directed, with a tightly built story. The likes of Eva Marie Saint, Karl Malden, and Rod Steiger are also really good in supporting roles.

8/10

The Dead Zone (1983)

As a big David Cronenberg fan, I always thought this was one of his lesser films, and couldn't shake the feeling than it was more of a TV, but it does get better the more I see it. Christopher Walken gives one of his most subtle ever performances, and the atmosphere is truly creepy, and the visuals really impressive. There are at times a few too many ideas to develop in one film, and the televisional aspect is still there, but a pretty well handled adaptation, its possible that fans of the Stephen King novel might hate it of course.

7/10

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Gone Fishin'.

This stars Joe Pesci and Danny Glover as two redneck best friends who just wanna fish. I don't care for most comedy movies but I like both of these actors and even in this comedic role I found them pretty fun. It's not overall a great film by any means as it's filled with plot holes. However I find this better than most comedies people try to get me to watch. I'll take this over Harold & Kumar every fuckin' time. One thing I really liked is how Pesci and Glover portrayed their characters as it flowed into their conversations that felt like the two were legitimate friends there entire life. If you wanna laugh, check this out. If you wanna watch something stupid watch another crappy comedy with worse actin' and lamer jokes.

6.5/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Gone Fishin'.

This stars Joe Pesci and Danny Glover as two redneck best friends who just wanna fish. I don't care for most comedy movies but I like both of these actors and even in this comedic role I found them pretty fun. It's not overall a great film by any means as it's filled with plot holes. However I find this better than most comedies people try to get me to watch. I'll take this over Harold & Kumar every fuckin' time. One thing I really liked is how Pesci and Glover portrayed their characters as it flowed into their conversations that felt like the two were legitimate friends there entire life. If you wanna laugh, check this out. If you wanna watch something stupid watch another crappy comedy with worse actin' and lamer jokes.

6.5/10
That movie was the shit when I was a kid.

Pesci made every movie he did better.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Gone Fishin'.

6.5/10

Not even heard of this I don't think. What year did it come out? Am guessing late 80's or early 90's?

Zodiac (2007) Director's Cut

The actual ending is different to the version I saw in the cinema, but it amounts to the same, besides that I am not sure what else is different. It stands up as an even better film on the second viewing. Because of the detail it goes into on the characters, their lives, and the case itself, the film totally justifys its length for me. The period detail is spot on, and the pacing and direction is excellent, with some chilling scenes, and emotionally compelling performances from the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal (one of his best so far), and Mark Ruffalo. Easily one of David Fincher's top three films.

9/10