Styles, Nakamura, Anderson, and Gallows update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I'm equating NXT to ECW reincarnated, the third option. But you know, minus the fallout. NXT becomes apart of the main roster, not saying it'll be moved to the USA channel, but it will be treated as such. Them ramping up touring was the beginning, and they're going to put even more focus towards it going forward. With names like Styles, Nakamura, etc. they'll be able to run the same venues the main roster does with ease.

EVOLVE will probably their real developmental territory going forward, much like OVW was back then.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
NXT is a finely constructed plan. NXT is put together by Hunter and a crack team so that they have the best possible developmental, with the added bonus of showing Hunter in a positive light. So when he takes over from Vince, the stockholders don't panic.

What happens with NXT once Hunter takes over the main roster remains to be seen, but for the foreseeable future it will continue to grow as both a brand and developmental

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Source: F4WOnline

As noted, WWE has reportedly signed top New Japan Pro Wrestling stars AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and current IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura.

Dave Meltzer indicated on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that there areRoyal Rumble main event surprises planned and some of these names could appear in the match. Meltzer also noted that they have not officially signed yet, as Nakamura is still under contract to NJPW, although they are WWE bound.

It was also noted that Nakamura and Styles were apparently not signed to be on the NXT roster and have a high price tag. They could always work NXT events or be sent down for a few shows but word is they were not signed for that brand, indicating main roster plans.

"The money that they signed Finn Balor for is nothing compared to what it what take to get Nakamura, not even close," Meltzer said. "There's no way to justify that in NXT, even with the touring when you're talking about going into 1,500 seat buildings, 800 seat buildings... When you're running shows like that, you can't very well sign guys for hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, it makes no economic sense."

Regarding Nakamura, he is not coming in right away and is expected to drop his title and work a notice, unlike Alberto Del Rio with AAA.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
-My fear is that outside of a "family man" and whatever he was doing at the time, AJ didn't have much of a character in TNA or the indies. Never needed it, his talent could carry him. But just being a dude who does a pose on the ramp and wrestles a match is a JAG in WWE. Maybe he'll be the next Cesaro and have such spectacular work that it'll carry him past that. He's good enough. Then again, Breeze and Neville...

-Gallows is bring back ADR flashbacks. He was ass in WWE before but thrived in the hard-hitting atmosphere of New Japan, him coming back here is a bit of a bummer. Doesn't seem like a guy who will be depressed about coming back, so we'll see. Wonder if Amber's coming too?

-Anderson is great, and we can use a new smashmouth guy in the midcard. Welcome addition.

-Nakamura... Is it weird to think he could be something like Asuka? A goofball, lovable, charismatic but will KICK YOUR ASS. All caps. Racial stereotypes worry me, as does the language barrier and working the WWE style, but there's too much talent here to not be optimistic.

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
In an update from earlier, WWE has reportedly signed New Japan Pro Wrestling stars AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and current IWGP Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, according to F4Wonline.com. The group reportedly informed NJPW booker Gedo that they were finishing up before WrestleKingdom 10 this morning.

No word yet on when the four will begin work with WWE but Nakamura apparently is not leaving early as he will most likely drop his title before leaving.

Anderson was reportedly also in talks with TNA and close to signing but the WWE deal came through instead. Anderson, Gallows and Nakamura are expected to honor their Ring of Honor dates for February and AJ is likely done with ROH going forward.

Source: PWMania

Satan is real, NXT confirmed to Takeover.
Great...someone else for the Uso's or New Day to fight..over and over and over and over...etc...

Stopspot

Reaction score
Anderson is going to have a hard time cutting promos in WWE since he relies on cursing and swearing like a sailor.
Gallows is Gallows. When motivated he's okay, when unmotivated he's dogshit. Sadly the latter is the norm.
AJ is going to a steady paycheck in the states since he is 38 years old.
And Shinsuke has charisma out the wazoo. But he's Japanese, which means neither Vince or Kevin Dunn will want to do anything off note with him.

But this is all hypothetical since the only one who has actually signed a contract with WWE is AJ. Gallows, Anderson and Nakamura are still under contract with New Japan until January 31st. So things could change there before January 31.

Keep that date in mind.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
NOOOO THOUGHT IT WAS MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm cool with all these dudes being there, looks like a couple year rentals like Joe instead of the Rhyno's etc.

Stopspot

Reaction score
This Anderson is an overall better talent in my opinion tho. If he gets past having to swear in every promo he can cut trash with the best of them.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
From WWE.com:

Are AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows coming to WWE?

The sports-entertainment world has been buzzing this week with speculation that WWE has signed four massive international Superstars.

Numerous media outlets reported Monday that AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson and Luke “Doc” Gallows — most recently of New Japan Pro Wrestling — are in negotiations to compete under the WWE banner.

The office of WWE COO and EVP of Talent Relations, Triple H, declined to comment on the rumors for WWE.com.

Reports began circulating late Sunday that all four had reportedly given their notices to New Japan management. Fueling the rumors that Styles, Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows were WWE-bound was a series of tweets involving reigning NXT Champion Finn Bálor.

Until recently, Styles, Gallows and Anderson were all part of New Japan’s Bullet Club faction, a stable formerly led by Bálor when he wrestled in Japan under the alias Prince Devitt. For months, Bálor has made it clear that he’s still tight with the Bullet Club members, even tweeting photos of them wearing his “Bálor Club” T-Shirts. On Monday, Bálor stirred the pot again, tweeting an image of Anderson sporting trunks that bore Finn’s “demon” design. Additionally, the official Twitter account for the Bullet Club tweeted the NXT Champion Monday, telling him to keep more Bálor Club shirts on hand in case they need them. That tweet has since been deleted.

The addition of Styles, Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows would represent one of the most significant bulk talent acquisitions in WWE history.

Nicknamed “The Phenomenal One,” Styles twice held New Japan’s IWGP Heavyweight Championship, the organization’s top title. He competed on the national scene in the United States for well over a decade, dating back to the latter days of WCW, and is universally hailed for his multi-tooled attack in the ring.

Though not a member of the Bullet Club, Nakamura remains one of the most popular wrestlers outside of WWE. Displaying a flamboyant charisma comparable to Freddie Mercury, but possessing the brutal strikes of an elite fighter, Nakamura roomed with Daniel Bryan years ago in California when both were early into their sports-entertainment careers. During media tours for last year’s WrestleMania, Bryan even revealed he once proposed an inter-promotional match against Nakamura to WWE management.

Gallows and Anderson, meanwhile, co-held New Japan’s tag team titles on three occasions. Additionally, Gallows competed in WWE from 2007 to 2010, while Anderson is a former tag team partner of WWE Performance Center Head Coach Matt Bloom.

Stick with WWE.com for more updates on this developing story as they become available.

- Well, they are clearly joining! :happy2: It's seldom seen that WWE.com covers rumors like these and they are promising updates.
2016 is off to a great start!

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Man, seeing Styles in WWE is going to be awesome. I could give less two fucks about James Storm, but Styles...
igjOLzK.gif

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Man, seeing Styles in WWE is going to be awesome. I could give less two fucks about James Storm, but Styles...
igjOLzK.gif
How many people said it'd never happen? I have to admit i'm surprised but happy.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
How many people said it'd never happen? I have to admit i'm surprised but happy.
Well, WWE lowballed him before he went to Japan, but now that he's become a bigger star, just dope to see him on the main stage.
I for one thought he'd show up once they go Joe and Storm. But before that had no hope cause WWE and their dumb age policy.