Stupidest release of 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which release was the stupidest on WWEs part?

• Melina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finlay

• Chavo Guerrero

• Gail Kim

• Chris Masters

• Maryse

• Vladimir Kozlov

• David Hart Smith

• Total voters

Doomsday

Reaction score
Public Poll
1 choice only.

Melina was a great talent.
I was hoping for an MNM reunion... ATLEAST partially, Mercury and Melina.
Finlay was a useless performer. He's been useless since the used him to break The Boogeymans' winning streak.
Chavo Guerrero was a massively abused talent.
Gail Kim was useless, but not as useless at Finlay.
Chris Masters is at the prime of his life. He could easily be in The Miz' or Daniel Bryans' league.
Maryse was sexy and sassy but I'll of completely forgotten about her within the next year or two.
Vladimir Kozlov, HUGE LOSS!
DH Smith... fuck him, didn't even notice he was gone.

I rank them....

3. Chavo Guerrero
2. Melina
and *DRUM ROLL*
1. Vladimir Kozlov

Airfixx

Reaction score
Finlay was a useless performer.

You're a moron.

All the young blood in the company would benefit massively from wrestling guys like Regal & Finlay. While still able to work their immense skills should be milked for all they're worth.

The alleged reason for his firing was fucking stupid too.

Taking into account youth, skills & potential, I'd say Masters was the biggest fail release-wise, but I'd hire Finaly back in a second.

Montana

Reaction score
I really don't think any of these were "stupid" releases. You have to get rid of the bottom end talent to make room for fresh new exciting talent. To me, Masters and Melina could have been given a little more time/repacking. I never really seen that much in Vladimir.

noumenon

Reaction score
None. What did any of these people ever do to dramatically impact the company? I don't think any were huge losses. If I'd have to pick one I'd say Maryse, if for no other reason that we won't get to stare at her sexy ass anymore. But seriously I was always hoping they'd pair her with Miz and do a stuck up power couple thing.

Reaction score
Doomsday...I'm not going to rip on you. You are at least stirring up activity and I commend it. But if you ran a promotion, you would run it straight into the ground. Chavo wasn't a massively abused talent, he was someone who had as much success as he had due to his infinitely more talented uncle carrying his career for three years and giving him a rub. Chavo was lucky to have had the career he had and that's putting it nicely.

And then Kozlov? Let's see, charisma? Check. Ability? Check. Potential? Check. Yup, he had nothing needed to succeed. He was probably the most justifiable firing. And then you say this, you piece of work you:

Chris Masters is at the prime of his life. He could easily be in The Miz' or Daniel Bryans' league.

He improved leaps and bounds. He went from awful to mediocre. And he was getting lukewarm heat jiggling his pecks. Yup, give this man a Wrestlemania main event, he is in Daniel's and Miz's league.

But to answer the question at hand, the stupidest release of 2011 was truly Finlay. It was stupid because of the circumstances under which he was released, he was the friggin scapegoat. His knowledge is priceless to the young talent and as a trainer he produced talent for the E that hasn't come down their pipeline in years. We were getting Lesnars, Batistas, Cenas and Ortons and now we're getting Mason Ryans and Alex Rileys.