Strikeforce

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

After watching Dana White's interview...
[YT]iuy2oNDO9LU[/YT]
...where he called all of Strikeforce's fighters "nobody's," I decided to check out what this place had in addition to Fedor and Gina Carrano.

It was there I found Strikeforce's Heavyweight Champion...Alistair Overeem. Dana White was talking how Strikeforce did not have credible champions, and boy was he right.

Dana said that Fedor has nobody to face in Strikeforce worth while and he was dead on. Alistair Overeem is their supposed heavyweight champion winning the belt in November of 2007. He has no defended the belt since says Wikipedia or even fought in Strikeforce. That's pretty pathetic.

As a matter of fact, none of Strikeforce's champions have ever defended their titles.

The fighters that I do recognize currently in Strikeforce are Cung Le, Robbie Lawlor, Jake Sheilds, Nick Diaz, Babalu, Randleman, Frank Shamrock, Bob Sapp, and Werdum.

Now those aren't THAT bad of names as Dana White was saying, but in terms of heavyweights, yea there isn't nearly as much competiton here as there is in the UFC.

Gina Carano and Chris Cyborg are headlining their next event in a couple weeks, that's the first MMA event headlined by females. They also have Couture's ex-wife fighting in there somewhere. Yup...so that's Strikeforce lol.

Reaction score
I used to be the inverse towards each dude, now I have newfound respect for Dana and find Fedor to be tarnishing his legacy and dodging the best. He's probably the only dude that could take it to Lesnar right now and he passed on the opportunity to cement his status as best on the planet, whom incidentally fought last night. Oh well, MMA fans should keep their fingers crossed and hope StrikeForce goes belly up and Fedor has no other choice if he wants to make money fighting.

Wordlife

I'd love to see women in UFC if ya ask me... Dana shouldn't be so bitchy and give them a chance

xtremebadass

Gina could probably fight in the men's league in the right weightclass and do just fine. lol, what would she be featherweight?

xtremebadass

man Gina isn't that huge, no way she's lightweight, well maybe, idk lol

Wordlife

idk I hope she at least can fight in the UFC that would be cool