Straight inta Lawsuit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
EE3ooUx.jpg

Jerry Heller is suing everyone connected with "Straight Outta Compton," alleging the movie defamed him ... and he wants $110 MILLION minimum.
Heller has just filed suit against Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, the Estate of Eazy-E, NBC Universal and others, claiming the portrayal of him in the movie was false and damaging.
Heller says he was portrayed as "the bad guy" and "a sleazy manager who took advantage of Eazy-E, Dr. Dre and Ice Cube." And he says there are other lies in the movie, including:
-- He withheld a $75k check from Ice Cube
-- He fraudulently induced Dre and Cube to sign unfavorable contracts
-- He enjoyed lobster brunches while the contracts were being signed
-- He was fired by Eazy-E
He claims he never gave permission to use his likeness and he wants profits from the movie as well because NBC sold tickets off his back. He also claims producers used his book without permission for pivotal scenes, including the one where Suge Knight strong-armed Eazy-E into signing away his rights to Death Row.
And this is funny ... he says producers didn't even bother to give his character a fake name, like "Gary Beller."
You'll recall Heller sat in the front row with his lawyers when the movie premiered.
He's suing for $35 million in compensatory damages and at least $75 mil in punitives ... plus all profits from the flick.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/30/jerry...aight-outta-compton-defamation/#ixzz3qB6MPBCs
1k9I4Hs.jpg

Movie had its innacuracies, but Hellers portrayal have all meshed with all the documentaries, books and stories I've read over the years.

WMD

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
The movie was more than just inaccurate. They implied that Eazy E was broke, and had to move to a smaller house, when in reality he had more money than ever because Dre day always meant Eazy's pay day. Not even that - people close to him like B.G Knocc Out have said that it was false, he never left his mansion. They never put in Real Muthafuckin G's, they made Dre look like a saint...ugh. Movie was fun to watch though so hey, I can't hate it fully.

I was expecting Cube & Dre to rip Jerry a new asshole, but they weren't that bad with him IMO. Any Jerry Heller interview I see comes off a lot more honest than I initially expected.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Can always claim "loosely based", its not like Ike Turner would've won anything from What's Love Got To Do With It and he was portrayed as an abusive husband who would rape his wife.

Didn't even have the Dee Barnes situation in the movie.

Reactions: WMD