Story Time with Rocky!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
:eek:tunga: This segment was so great.. This actually made my day when he was talking about the crack head walking into the bar and trying to sell a Blue beat up Thunderbird to people in the bar. Rocky actually bought the car and there was another crack head in the car hahahahah! Then he ditched the car at Burger King and walked home.. That's so fucking hilarious. Then Punk ruined it. Lame. :nogusta:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Would've preferred something that has to do with the product instead of 20 minutes of random stories followed by "oh, let's not forget I'll wrestle Punk on Sunday, I'll kick your ass Punk" :meh:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
It was an entertaining story, but a waste of time on a go home show IMO. That story didn't progress the feud at all. It could have worked a little better if he said the crackhead looked like Punk, but I digress.

Reactions: Crayo

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
There was a backstage feeling at RAW last night that The Rock did not get the job done during his final promo going into the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. The pay-per-view is expected to do good business just because it's the Rock vs. CM Punk rematch.
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net

If true, I agree.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Senhor Perfect said:
It was an entertaining story, but a waste of time on a go home show IMO. That story didn't progress the feud at all. It could have worked a little better if he said the crackhead looked like Punk, but I digress.

This.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I thought the segment was great, and The Rock has always cut promos like this. For example, he would tell stories about driving down know your role blvd and checking into the smackdown hotel. He did tie in punk at the end as well. It's just getting to the point where people are going to hate everything he says, or doesn't say. Does or doesn't do. I'm just happy I enjoy them both, and love how the rock is still the rock and punk is great as usual.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Danielson said:
I thought the segment was great, and The Rock has always cut promos like this. For example, he would tell stories about driving down know your role blvd and checking into the smackdown hotel. He did tie in punk at the end as well. It's just getting to the point where people are going to hate everything he says, or doesn't say. Does or doesn't do. I'm just happy I enjoy them both, and love how the rock is still the rock and punk is great as usual.

I'm a huge Rock mark, but thought it was too personal of a story, that didn't enhance the feud, to be told on the show before, the PPV before WM.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As I said before, it was a good funny promo but what did it do for the Punk/Rock feud which has already had limited build going into EC? Not just that, but this was the go-home show. I think 3/4 of his promo talking about a crackhead he dealt with once doesn't help Punk or anything. However, it was better than his recent crap so I'm fine with it. Rock/Punk will sell anyway and Punk doesn't really need anyone to put him over as he's on fire.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Senhor Perfect said:
I'm a huge Rock mark, but thought it was too personal of a story, that didn't enhance the feud, to be told on the show before, the PPV before WM.

Remember this is Face rock, and he's always done promos like that in a joking manner, and then tied in the opponent at the end. You don't think the crackhead story had anything to do with punk? I'm not trying to insult your intellegence but that was a clear jab at punk the entire time, and ended with him calling him out, which led to Punk taking the title. Story progressed fine to me.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Danielson said:
but that was a clear jab at punk the entire time

Lol no it wasn't Danielson... :urm:

It was a story relating to the city he was in, that's it. It had nothing to do with Punk. He didn't even use it to suddenly talk about Punk either. Once again I'm not hating but the story had nothing to do with anything, but it was funny.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Danielson said:
Remember this is Face rock, and he's always done promos like that in a joking manner, and then tied in the opponent at the end. You don't think the crackhead story had anything to do with punk? I'm not trying to insult your intellegence but that was a clear jab at punk the entire time, and ended with him calling him out, which led to Punk taking the title. Story progressed fine to me.

I'm sure it was, but IMO he should have been more direct for this particular RAW. If he did this promo last week, I'd have nothing to say.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Crayo said:
Lol no it wasn't Danielson... :urm:

It was a story relating to the city he was in, that's it. It had nothing to do with Punk. He didn't even use it to suddenly talk about Punk either. Once again I'm not hating but the story had nothing to do with anything, but it was funny.

I mean, you can interpret it anyway you want, but i'm fairly sure he didn't just randomly bring up crack without it having to do with previous weeks when he called Punk a crackhead.

I know you're not hating but I know you didn't like his "I did it for the people" promo after winning the belt, and now when he brings back classic rock telling stories you didn't like much either. So maybe you just really like Punk

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Senhor Perfect said:
I'm sure it was, but IMO he should have been more direct for this particular RAW. If he did this promo last week, I'd have nothing to say.

What should he have said, he told a funny story (which i believe had to do with punk being a crackhead look alike, at least a connection somehow) He touched on how heyman/punk hugged it out and dissed on them. He said he will beat him up or w/e Punk came down took the belt. I thought it was a great lead up to EC as a whole. I mean who is coming to EC with the belt? Punk or Rock. That's sweet