Stone Cold To Appear on 2 Raw Shows; Wrestlemania Also?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Stone Cold Steve Austin is scheduled to appear at two separate Raw tapings leading into Wrestlemania. He is scheduled to appear at the 2/23 taping in Nashville, and the 3/16 taping in San Antonio, TX. Although his participation at Wrestlemania at this point has not been confirmed, the report is suggesting that there appear to be a few plans in the works for Austin should he decide to participate in the event. The most far-fetched being a match between him and Chris Jericho, because although Austin has said in the past he would not be totally against the idea of wrestling Jericho, Jim Ross stated just a few weeks ago in a blog that he doesn't ever see Austin wrestling again. Also, there has been no build at this point toward any kind of match between the two, and we're only a month and half away from the big event. Austin could be used in some sort of non-wrestling capacity at the show should he decide to participate in the current storyline where Jericho has been bashing Hall of Famers as of late.

Source - WO

Please, just stay away from the ring. Please.

seX-Power

Meh. Cheap pops ftw I guess. As long as he doesn't wrestle.

Moonlight Drive

Jericho or HBK could carry Austin to a decent match, although I have a bad feeling in my stomach we're going to see the start of Austin's new career as a permanent referee, since he does it so much anyway.

The Anigma

Reaction score
I kind of figured Austin would show up leading into WrestleMania and play some role in the event. I wouldn't mind seeing Austin have one more match as long as he's against someone who can carry him well. But more than likely he'll play the role of either referee or a special enforcer of some kind.

Kizza

Maybe WWE can do the Shane Sewell esque storyline. That did wonders in TNA.

Moonlight Drive

Perhaps, he's probably the most experienced ref on the roster

y2j__legend

Reaction score
I read somewhere that he will face Orton at WrestleMania XXV, so Orton won't get his title shot. I agree, have him stay away from the ring {matchwise I mean :eek:}.

Moonlight Drive

I assume people think it'll be some trainwreck. I for one have faith enough he has one great match left.

noumenon

I wouldn't have a problem with him and Jericho going at it at Mania. Better than the originally planned Rourke angle. However, I'de much rather just see him deal out a few stunners and perhaps in a ref role.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
Austin in the ring at mania won't be as horrible as Khali or Kozlov, so I don't mind seeing him in a big match

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Also, there has been no build at this point toward any kind of match between the two, and we're only a month and half away from the big event.

What matches have they actually built towards mania? JBL and HBK if they make it past NWO that's it. Matt attacked Jeff like 4 weeks ago, talked shit about him twice, Jeff talked about Matt, and that's it. Nothing has been built so why would this be any different?

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Lol, coincidences RULE!! Why is that a lot of people can't let go of the fact that Austin might not actually wrestle at all?It almost seems like they think Austin HAS to wrestle.

Travis40

I assume people think it'll be some trainwreck. I for one have faith enough he has one great match left.

Yeah, people think he's worsened in the last 6 years since his last match. Austin is probably in the same condition he was in March 2003 when he had a great match with The Rock, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had another great match with HBK, JBL, Jericho, Orton, etc

What matches have they actually built towards mania? JBL and HBK if they make it past NWO that's it. Matt attacked Jeff like 4 weeks ago, talked shit about him twice, Jeff talked about Matt, and that's it. Nothing has been built so why would this be any different?

Personally, I think they're building Taker/HBK. Anyone remember the Taker/HBK interaction at the Royal Rumble? I think this could be leading somewhere.