Night of Champions Sting vs. Seth Rollins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
So folks,

Who's going to win this one now that it's official as of smackdown? Will Seth pin sting? Get DQ? Interference? What will happen? Please give your thoughts.

Personally, I see Rollins getting DQ which will prompt a rematch. If not, triple h will cause Rollins to win.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Knowing how lame WWE can get, they'll prolly book a screwy finish or maybe even let Sting win and then have a Sheamus cash-in.

On the other hand, Vince loves shitting on WCW, so we might have a clean finish. Rollins could pin Sting clean, no shenanigans, no bullshit.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think Seth will win with the stinger finisher at this point.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Stinglol.gif

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Rollins wins. Way too early for him to drop it.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Rollins wins. Way too early for him to drop it.

Interesting site, man.

Yeah, but how? Rollins's character isn't winning this clean, but who knows if they care at all about protecting Sting? (doubtful)

Stopspot

Reaction score
I could actually see him take it clean. Otherwise I expect some old WCW trope

Snowman1

Reaction score
Was going to post this.

"Tune into Night of Champions to see the stoppable force meet the movable object! See what WWE loves more, booking Rollins to be a coward dork or shitting on WCW! Whoever wins, everyone loses, only on the WWE Network!"

okay it's really not quite THAT bad but it makes for a nice gimmick post I guess

Stopspot

Reaction score
"Tune into Night of Champions to see the stoppable force meet the movable object! See what WWE loves more, booking Rollins to be a coward dork or shitting on WCW! Whoever wins, everyone loses, only on the WWE Network!"

okay it's really not quite THAT bad but it makes for a nice gimmick post I guess
It's not that bad kinda sums it well. Rollins has Ric Flair booking. In that he (and we) know that he is a phenomenal wrestler. But he doesn't want to actually wrestle unless he actually has to. Him vs Flair's biggest rival is kinda poetic I guess?

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sting should have defeated Triple H at Wrestlemania and THEN put Rollins over (albeit due to nefarious tactics) at either Summerslam or Night Of Champions. The way it is now, I don't see a good outcome for this match either way. Either Sting loses his second consecutive match (and his second straight battle to The Authority), or Rollins loses his title to a guy who's clearly just gonna end up being cashed in on by Sheamus not too long after (which will inevitably lead to Sheamus replacing Rollins as The Authority's chosen one, something I doubt too many people are dying to see.) And unlike some, I do see there being a reasonable chance of Sting winning. I think Vince probably got all the "WWE>WCW" stuff out of his system at Mania.

I'd probably bet on something like either Rollins getting himself counted out by running away with the title, or Bray Wyatt appearing out of nowhere and costing Sting the championship, since a lot of folks - myself included - are speculating that Sting might face Bray Wyatt at next year's Mania if the Taker match doesn't happen (which given the likelihood of a rubber match between Taker and Lesnar, it probably won't), and this could be the early set-up for it.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Sting should have defeated Triple H at Wrestlemania and THEN put Rollins over (albeit due to nefarious tactics) at either Summerslam or Night Of Champions. The way it is now, I don't see a good outcome for this match either way. Either Sting loses his second consecutive match (and his second straight battle to The Authority), or Rollins loses his title to a guy who's clearly just gonna end up being cashed in on by Sheamus not too long after (which will inevitably lead to Sheamus replacing Rollins as The Authority's chosen one, something I doubt too many people are dying to see.) And unlike some, I do see there being a reasonable chance of Sting winning. I think Vince probably got all the "WWE>WCW" stuff out of his system at Mania.

I'd probably bet on something like either Rollins getting himself counted out by running away with the title, or Bray Wyatt appearing out of nowhere and costing Sting the championship, since a lot of folks - myself included - are speculating that Sting might face Bray Wyatt at next year's Mania if the Taker match doesn't happen (which given the likelihood of a rubber match between Taker and Lesnar, it probably won't), and this could be the early set-up for it.
You're opening statement is exactly what I've been saying this whole time.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

Don't say Gimmick posts, those words together call to me no matter where I be.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yep, because Sting wrongfully lost to Triple H, I don't really want to see him lose again even if it is to Rollins... I'd be okay with The Authority gaining new members to screw Sting (leading to Team Sting vs The Authority at Survivor Series) or Sting beating Rollins and eventually dropping the title to Lesnar.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
There's no way they're going to give the WWE Championship to Sting - I can count on that. Probably gonna be a DQ victory.