Sting Talks About His Loyalty to TNA, Being First Ever TNA HoF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Sting was recently interviewed by WrestleShark for their latest podcast. Here are some highlights.

Sting’s loyalty with the company: The group of men and women under the TNA roof, the fans, the brand, I just feel content here. The home has been good here; Dixie Carter, the Carter family have been great to work with over the years and Dixie is very persuasive.

Why he keeps returning every year: “Dixie was very persuasive. Being willing to make it right in terms of scheduling, the time on the road, of course money is an issue, it just all came together. And I love the brand…that’s all there is to it. It was like a now or never moment for me.â€
On TNA becoming a household name: I think if we go out on the road there is a lot of potential for that to happen.

On being the first inductee into the TNA Hall of fame: Very humbling…because there are so many other guys, the Samoa Joes, the A.J. Styles, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Jeff Jarrett, who were here before I was. They helped build a foundation for this company,†Sting said. “I was kind of like ‘am I being put out to pasture here or what?’ [laughs] plus I’m an active wrestler. So it seems kind of weird to be inducted into the Hall of Fame while you’re still working.

Damn Dixie, returning Sting every year isn't a big thing but it's about contract and negotiations? Ok...

This guy is loyal to TNA ok but after he passed the torch to AJ Styles in 2009 I think he should go to WWE because a person who has never been in the top company in any industry will never be a legend actually.

Also wish he wasn't the first Hall of Fame. Jeff Jarrett should have been.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Not a legend? Man is a damn icon. I'm actually very impressed that he's stayed with the company for so long. Much respect for him for that.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Not a legend? Man is a damn icon. I'm actually very impressed that he's stayed with the company for so long. Much respect for him for that.

When I compare him to guys like Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, The Undertaker he is a bit little to me. He is a loyal man ok but he has never competed or been in the biggest stage of professional wrestling, WWE. I have much respect for him staying too long in TNA but after 2009 he should have gone to WWE. He is a legend but as I said when I compare him to other legends, he is at their back.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
When I compare him to guys like Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, The Undertaker he is a bit little to me. He is a loyal man ok but he has never competed or been in the biggest stage of professional wrestling, WWE. I have much respect for him staying too long in TNA but after 2009 he should have gone to WWE. He is a legend but as I said when I compare him to other legends, he is at their back.

You literally just shat on everything he's ever accomplished. To say he's not a legend is complete blasphemy, he's a fucking legend for turning down WWE's countless offers!

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I certainly disagree with him being an "icon" but he is most definitely a legend. He was a top guy in WCW when they were beating out WWF, so that's good enough to warrant legend status in my book. Besides, his WCW career will always be what he's most remembered for since no star from any of those other companies really ever furthered their careers significantly in TNA since the TNA promotion itself has hardly furthered itself since Impact launched despite the involvement of numerous legends. But Sting isn't in the same boat as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and the other wrestlers he mentioned who built TNA's foundation. Those guys still need a run in the big leagues before they'll have a claim to immortality. Sting had that long before he joined TNA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Big fish in a small pond. I think that is a fair way to describe his TNA run, he is content with his deal there because he gets good money for few dates and has complete creative control. If he went to WWE he wouldn't have complete creative control and wouldn't be the big fish anymore.

I still think that Jeff Jarrett should have been the first HOF inductee because he carried that company for so long.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The guy certainly is a rareity in wrestlng, can't think of many who can be called a legend and yet never appear for WWF/WWE. Hats off to Sting.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Big fish in a small pond. I think that is a fair way to describe his TNA run, he is content with his deal there because he gets good money for few dates and has complete creative control. If he went to WWE he wouldn't have complete creative control and wouldn't be the big fish anymore.

I still think that Jeff Jarrett should have been the first HOF inductee because he carried that company for so long.
Jarrett not getting in was a good slap in the face in my opinion. That man built TNA. I don't think Sting should take any credit for anything.