Sting retires

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
TMZ reports that 2016 WWE Hall of Famer Sting has decided to retire from in-ring action.

Sting was reportedly evaluated by several doctors that agree it's too risky for him to get back into the ring after suffering the neck injury against Seth Rollins at WWE Night of Champions last September.

Sting was reportedly diagnosed with cervical spinal stenosis, which affects the nerves and can result in extreme pain and discomfort.

TMZ adds that Sting may make the official announcement at the Hall of Fame ceremony on April 2nd. Sting is said to be open to a non-physical role with the company but no offer had been made at last word.

Source

It's most likely true, but now all we have to wait for is the official announcement from the man himself and WWE.

Respect and so long, Sting!

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Well... I see Tyson and Nikki doing the same soon as well. He is older now, no point in making his body worse.

Reactions: Red Rain

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Called it. Knew he wasn't gonna ever get back in the ring after NoC. He's 55 or 56 and collapsed during a match. I thought he was gonna die. It's too bad he waited so damn long to get in the WWE.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
no he isn't retired

source

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Called it. Knew he wasn't gonna ever get back in the ring after NoC. He's 55 or 56 and collapsed during a match. I thought he was gonna die. It's too bad he waited so damn long to get in the WWE.
Yes, this! That's how I feel about this, "retirement." I wanted to see at least an Undertaker vs Sting match, it's a dream match of mine. Damnit, Sting, why did you wait too long!?

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yes, this! That's how I feel about this, "retirement." I wanted to see at least an Undertaker vs Sting match, it's a dream match of mine. Damnit, Sting, why did you wait too long!?

So many lost oppurtunities. But then again who knows how WWE would of handled him back during the Invasion and NWO days...

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
So many lost oppurtunities. But then again who knows how WWE would of handled him back during the Invasion and NWO days...
Yeah, seriously. He'd be handled fairly well during the NWO days, there's a reason why they [WWE] wanted to bring back the NWO brand - they wanted to bring Sting into the fold. But the Hall injury foiled that. If Sting would be like "I want to be the next icon." and I bet WWE would have signed him right then and there, and not have him waste his time at TNA trying to push the "icon" image. However, an interview revealed that this was not the case, and Sting walked.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah, seriously. He'd be handled fairly well during the NWO days, there's a reason why they [WWE] wanted to bring back the NWO brand - they wanted to bring Sting into the fold. But the Hall injury foiled that. If Sting would be like "I want to be the next icon." and I bet WWE would have signed him right then and there, and not have him waste his time at TNA trying to push the "icon" image. However, an interview revealed that this was not the case, and Sting walked.

Yeah it would of been interesting. If Sting went to WWE back then hopefully they would of put him on Smackdown tho cuz Triple H would of buried him so hard

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It's official, Sting announced his retirement last night at the HoF Ceremony.

From WWE.com:

20160402_hof_1920x1080_sting_2--d2b9217a785defb1c28e69c32962ebfb.jpg

DALLAS –It was “Showtime” at the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony when The Icon, Sting, was welcomed into sports-entertainment’s most elite fraternity.

Inducted into the Hall by his greatest rival, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair, The Man Called Sting captivated the crowd at the American Airlines Center as he reflected upon his career and thanked his family, friends, fellow champions and competitors, and fans for helping him reach truly historic levels during his career.

Known as The Franchise of World Championship Wrestling, Sting won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship six times, both the WCW International Heavyweight Championship and United States Championship twice, and held the WCW World Tag Team Championship on three different occasions with three different partners.

Long heralded throughout his career as the greatest performer never to compete in WWE, The Icon finally stepped into the light, and inside a WWE ring, at Survivor Series 2014. That unforgettable moment set off a chain reaction that resulted in The Black-and-White Knight competing against Triple H at WrestleMania 31, challenging for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions 2015, and now being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Addressing the rumors and speculation that surrounded the weeks leading up to his induction, Sting officially retired from in-ring competiton, shocking the WWE Universe in the American Airlines Center and prompting massive chants of "Thank you, Sting."

However, as he concluded his speech, he put on a pair of sunglasses and grabbed his signature black bat, assuring the WWE Universe that “this isn't goodbye, but see you later."

afulwani488

Reaction score
Yes Sting Officially Retired! Watch This For More!!!!!! You Can subscribe Also Because This Guy Always Upload Some Good Stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: CM Punk

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
It's official, Sting announced his retirement last night at the HoF Ceremony.

From WWE.com:
I was watching WWE Network this morning, and I was banging on my bed in frustration. Sting Vs Undertaker is not happening. FUCK!