Sting retirement plans, TNA BFG

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gashface

Reaction score
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

TNA is planning for the possibility of Sting retiring when his current contract expires at the end of the year. Company officials want to give him a proper sendoff after watching what WWE did for Ric Flair. Although, Sting has not indicated whether he plans to retire from professional wrestling at the end of the year. At Slammiversary, the plan for Sting is to give an interview pondering his future in wrestling.

Based on some of the crowd's reactions at Sacrifice a few weeks ago, it was largely conceded that TNA needs to move the pay-per-views out of Orlando. Some feel that the crowd has seen so much that they need to take them on the road, but others say that that the Orlando fans still react when the product is good, not to mention that it's much more cost-effective. The crowd for Slammiversary in Memphis was 100x better.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

They do need to go out for the PPV's as it will spread the product around a bit.

Sting should go out with a loss to a rising star at BFG imo, someone like Kaz or Roode.

The Rated R CMStar

Fuck that, really. Instead give us one dream match we have not seen or seen rarely. If I weren't up for Nash vs Joe, give us Sting vs Samoa Joe, I would be up for a Sting vs AJ Styles match, or a Sting vs Booker T. Take the WWE way and give him a 5 star wrestling farewell dream match

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Thing is though, that Sting doesn't have a lot of great matches anymore. He would be helping TNA more by giving someone a rub.

chessarmy

I wonder who Sting will wrestle in his last match. Hopefully its someone he's never wrestled before. And TNA does need to go on the road for all the PPVs. The orlando crowd sucks and the iMPACT! Zone doesn't have a PPV feel to it

gashface

Reaction score
I'd personally love to see Sting put over AJ Styles in his final match, leaving AJ to go on for the TNA title.

1chiban

Reaction score
Ooh dear I see another WWE copy coming. I have the feeling this will have a distinct Ric Flair retirement vibe...

gashface

Reaction score
I would actually prefer them to go different to WWE and let Sting win, like go out on top... but at the same time put someone over. And after considering it I think AJ will have already gone for the title, so I agree Kaz.

1chiban

Reaction score
Surely they'd have him up against a heel? Sting-Kaz would not be a very good match. not the best gel of styles there...

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I didn't see Slammiversary (mostly because I didn't care for it.) so did Sting give an interview? Did Dixie Carter come out and say the next match he loses he's gone for ever?...Only for him to return the next week on iMPACT and be Curryman's mystery partner in a reverse gauntlet open invitational battle royal where the winners face each other for an opportunity at the World Heavyweight Champion..only to lose their shot to the next WWE reject to come aboard the SSTNA.

1chiban

Reaction score
^ LOL. Sums up TNA's problems right there :p

J

I didn't see Slammiversary (mostly because I didn't care for it.) so did Sting give an interview? Did Dixie Carter come out and say the next match he loses he's gone for ever?...Only for him to return the next week on iMPACT and be Curryman's mystery partner in a reverse gauntlet open invitational battle royal where the winners face each other for an opportunity at the World Heavyweight Champion..only to lose their shot to the next WWE reject to come aboard the SSTNA.

Wow...That was classic...

...but as for Stings go off...I do hope it's a high profile match and not against a mid carder...Although as said i think Sting vs. Styles would be classic...A well way to send Sting off...

Montana

I would think Sting would be matched up against a main event talent already. Someone like a Booker T would be a good prediction, i think. Great heel/face matchup with the old wcw ties. A couple others i think we could see Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, and Samoa Joe.