• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The Extreme Rising Champ will defend against all comers across all platforms!

Extreme Rising is demanding that Steve Richards, their current champion, return their title belt immediately after Richards said he would defend the title via video game. Richards has kept the belt since winning it and has taken it overseas and independent shows.

This all stems from Richards posting a photo of the Extreme Rising belt and the latest Madden video game on Twitter and saying that he would defend the title via the game online due to losing his WrestleMania weekend bookings. Former ECW star Danny Doring responded by posting a photo of the old ECW World Tag Team Title (which he has had since ECW closed in 2001) on his Twitter account and said he'd put that title up against Richards. He joked that it would be "defunct promotion vs. defunct promotion."

Extreme Rising then emailed Richards demanding that he return their belt by the end of this week and that they were disappointed that Richards was involved with something that described Extreme Rising as a "defunct promotion."

Richards responded by saying he was upset that Extreme Rising "doubted his ability as a Madden player" and said the promotion got upset over something 20 people saw on Twitter. He was surprised they took all this so seriously since it was mostly just him and Doring goofing off online. He also was disappointed that nobody from the promotion called him.

Richards and Doring do plan to play the game and want to stream it online.

What a bizarre story.

Bolded bit is the funniest thing I've read all year :lol:

Reactions: 1 person

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'd like to know under what circumstances Extreme Rising isn't booking their champ for WM weekend shows, especially considering he just won it.

Meanwhile, I'll start brushing up on my Madden skills. I'd be a great Extreme Rising champion.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I'd like to know under what circumstances Extreme Rising isn't booking their champ for WM weekend shows, especially considering he just won it.

Meanwhile, I'll start brushing up on my Madden skills. I'd be a great Extreme Rising champion.

Last I heard, ER cancelled those shows due to shit ticket sales.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
really? then that makes this whole thing look really stupid in hindsight. Stevie was clearly joking :lol:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think I'm more exciting for Danny Doring and Stevie Richards play MaddenMania than the real deal! :rofl:

BTW is this "Extreme Rising" even worth a check?

Castiel

Reaction score
BTW is this "Extreme Rising" even worth a check?

I don't think so. From what I remember the crowd turned on them during their first show and wanted a refund. I thought they were involved with something cool here but it's just Richards that's awesome. Hilarious stuff!