Steps You Might Take To Help TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
There's a lot of griping in this board, (includes me too), but, I like TNA as the alternative. I've always said their place on the market is existence not superiority. We need another national promotion. One company is boring.

What priorities should TNA have other than competing with the E? Who needs to have the spotlight shine a little brighter? Who needs it for the first time?

I'll start with something small and obvious...the X division. Stop making it the first match on a ppv. In fact, Destination X should have the X title as the main event. Anyway, try it out as the next to last match. Stop with the clusterfuck 10 man matches like Xscape and have a one on one title match at Lockdown.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Fire Russo and hire Heyman as the booker.
Hire JR to replace Taz.
Get the fuck out of Orlando.

It really should be that simple. They have just as much if not more talent than the WWE. There's really no excuses after that point. You wouldn't have as many/if any fucked up bullshit on the show and it'd actually be worth watching.

Reaction score
^^^^Heyman with a leash is a very good idea. History tells us that Heyman with complete control may not be the best idea.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Firing Russo and getting Hogan off of TV are the first steps

Reaction score
Hire me as the booker :shifty:

Other than that put somebody in their advertising and sales departments that isn't a complete fuckhead. Seriously this is a wrestling show on spike tv not some black market stereo sales operating out of the back of a stationwagon. I'm almost expecting somebody to be standing outside Universal like "psst. psst. bitch you wanna watch some real motherfuckin wrestling?"

Reaction score
Cutting the roster almost in half is the first step imo.

This.

Pretty much all WCW 2000 (or NWO legends) are first to go and are not welcome back. Vintage acts like Flair and Foley would only take part in occasional storylines, and wouldn't take camera time away from younger stars.

Build the company around Styles, Angle, Joe, Daniels, MCMG and Jeff Hardy etc.

Lastly, offer a more adult oriented product to counter the PG sterile universe of WWE

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Cutting the roster almost in half is the first step imo.

That definitely needs to happen. Its getting to be like WCW's roster, too much talent not enough tv time. Not allowing Hogan to book anything & having only a tv role would be a good step. He thinks Abyss can be as talented as John Cena, 'Nuff said.

Reaction score
Heyman with a leash is a very good idea. History tells us that Heyman with complete control may not be the best idea.
Your a nice guy, but sometimes you show you don't fully know what your talking about. The only thing Heyman screwed up was the financial books, that has nothing to do with his prodigious booking mind, this man created the foundation that was blatantly ripped off to be the greatest period in the business. He needs to leash to book and no one in their right mind would give him financial control. You got things twisted pal.

But we've already done a thread like this and this is what I had to say, although some of my suggestions have already taken place or can't take place because of other happenings:

Here are the MAJOR things TNA will need to do to even get a decent footing to compete with the E:
1. Scrap EVERY person involved with creative. Russo, Mantlel, all those guys. They are more than proven ineffective and have done nothing to spice up or even improve the product. No more pointless swerves, no more re-hashing angles that have been re-hashed ten times before, no more nonsense. They need WRESTLING people to run what they aim to be, a pro wrestling company. And Eric Bischoff certainly isn't the answer. You need people are aren't marks for themselves, Mick Foley would be awesome, he has always done what is best for biz and throw in Jim Cornette or see if you can entice Paul Heyman as he is the father of bringing modernism to wrestling. Look how awesome SD! was from 2002-03 while he had the book there, or how awesome the One Night Stands were. He still has it. Dixie needs to also step aside, she knows nothing about the business and she has shown that with the people she has surrounded herself with to help run her business. She's the Al Davis equivalent to wrestling.

2. Drop all the stupid gimmicks. The six sided rings, nicknaming every single wrestler, stupid, overly complex matches, gimmick PPVs. It all needs to stop. Go back to basics. If you want new fans you have to offer some familiarities to the product. Plus I always thought the six-sided ring added a bit of cheesiness that screamed of generic.

3. Suck every last bit of drawing power out of their legends, which isn't much, and give all your young, homegrown talent rubs. If they object to it, send their busted asses packing, where are they to go? No one else wants them or will pay their price tag, yet TNA constantly does the opposite. With those rubs it will help legitimize your unknown talent in the eyes of new fans. Stop touting Jeff Jarrett as a big deal, he never was and never will be. Can't squeeze shit out of a famished Ethiopian. FOCUS ON THE FUTURE!

4. Push an angle that will garner headlines. Push Awesome Kong as a man-beater. Her match with Faggy Gunn was not only the highest rated segment of that particular Impact, it outdrew all the legends on that show that night. Proof enough that people are interested in new, fresh ideas and faces in the wrestling world. A believable woman beating male counterparts will accomplish media coverage and get people talking and buzzing about this new promotion on the block.

5. Have Impact take place in other places than the same fucking place week after week. You need a hot audience to make your product look like hot stuff and the Impact Zone audience sucks. They are theme park tourists who got in for free. Show the passionate fans that are excited to be there since they paid for their tickets. It's amazing how much atmosphere can bring out a product, look at the aura the ECW audience created for ECW.

6. Advertise better. TNA advertisements should be running where their target audience is watching. TNA advertisements should be running on channels like Comedy Central and during Adult Swim. No one is going to be aware of the promotion if spots only run on the network it airs on.

8. And this is probably the biggest thing: STOP trying to be something that has already been. Stop WWE impressions, stop trying to be awful WCW, stop trying to recapture ECW. BE TNA. Form a unique identity, but do it with a simple attitude, not the overly gimmicked, complex, swerve-laden promotion that is the current standard.

Reaction score
Your a nice guy, but sometimes you show you don't fully know what your talking about. The only thing Heyman screwed up was the financial books, that has nothing to do with his prodigious booking mind, this man created the foundation that was blatantly ripped off to be the greatest period in the business. He needs to leash to book and no one in their right mind would give him financial control. You got things twisted pal.
:

I suppose I should appreciate your attempt to preface your reply with a half-assed compliment. But I'm not.

Your comment completely justifies my statement. His financial misgivings are the EXACT reason why you put him on a leash. On the creative side, give him the ball and let him run, Just don't let him do much else.

Since I came back to the forums last month, many members have disagreed with my threads or posts. That's great, no one has the same opinion, that would be boring. You have found a way to disagree with me in a manner that makes you look like a unfiltered sack of shit and bringing out the worst in me. Congratulations.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
1. Move the hell back to Thursdays.
2. Everyone on creative? Gone. Everyone. Go to the yellow pages and replace every single person. Oh, and Hogan and Flair. Very little in the show has impressed me since they took over. Abyss's magical ring? Styles in Flair's robes? Kill me.
3. Bring back the six sided ring. I don't care if some of you don't like it - it was different. It was TNA.
4. Stop hiring people you have no intention of ever fucking using, and likewise, stop using freelance guys for three matches a year, when the spots they take would be much better utilized by contracted guys who should be getting those little bits of spotlight. Has Kendrick won, ever, in the... four matches he's been in? Yes, the crowd still goes nuts for Roxxi, but either hire her or stop wasting that air time.

And perhaps most importantly...

5. GET RID OF ORLANDO JORDAN.

noumenon

Reaction score
I think everything that needs to be said here has already been said. Although I agree with offering a more adult oriented program is the smart way to go at this point I think TNA really needs to find a comfortable balance there. I think they're just throwing in the sleaze and raunchy acts at this point with no real rhyme or reason and for nothing more than shock value and to offer the complete and total polar opposite as WWE. Stuff like Orlando Jordan is just absolutely ridiculous.

Kizza

Reaction score
1. Cut the dead weight. I think they have something like 72 wrestlers to pack into one show? WWE don't have that many across 3 I don't think.
2. Get out of Orlando.
3. Stop trying to be WWE Lite.
4. Stop hiring every guy that gets fired from WWE. RVD and Jeff Hardy are nice pick ups, but what does Val Venis or Orlando Jordan bring to TNA?
5. Keep advertising.
6. Have an absolute clear out of the writers, and just start from square one. Give Bischoff a bit of input, get rid of Russo, try like hell to get Heyman etc etc.
7. Decide to do something and stick to it. Go through with a storyline or a face/heel turn. Too many times they seem hesitant, almost scared to pull the trigger, to take risks on a certain guy. Vince has done it time and time again to success, TNA have been lackluster in the area of building talents up. They have had chances to make Daniels, AJ, Joe and others stars at numerous points. They have missed to boat time and time again.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^that gives me another point. Be consistent with face/heel turns. I don't know how many times Team 3D, MCMG, and Morgan have switched alignments the past few months