State of TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sigma Manatee

Reaction score
Hey guys. I started watching TNA back in April/May/June and was actaully enjoying it. The storyline with Aces and Eights was pretty fun and the wrestling was good. However I sort of stopped watching as I got too busy to keep up with it. I kept attempting to get back into it but was turned off by the involvement of Ortis and Jackson as they dropped a large amount of wrestlers. What has been happening in TNA lately and is it worth giving a watch? From the outside looking in, it seems to be in quite a state at the moment which is one reason putting me off. I watched a "Pipe Bomb" by AJ Styles and thought it was just awful.

Tl;dr IS it worth giving TNA a shot at the moment?

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
WWE is trying to be an indy fed so TNA is the big leagues atm.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Unless you're just coming into the A&8's storyline, not really. I think that's what really killed most of the watchability of TNA. Don't get me wrong, it was a great plot in the beginning, but it has entered NWO territory.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Agree with this. 2012 was a much better year for TNA than this year has been, much of the progress made last year has been messed up in recent months.

For me TNA is in the worse shape both finically and creative wise than it has been since about 2004. Whereas a few years back you could pick fault with the product, but at least say that the company was on a steady footing money wise. I don't think that is the case anymore and their most challenging days may lay ahead.

In answer to your question? No I wouldn't bother right now, watch WWE who seem to be on the up, ROH who seem to be improving, New Japan, and other select indies such as PWG and Dragon Gate.

Last edited:

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
This summer is when I recently began to watch TNA, but it all went down hill when they began dropping titles and superstars just so they could hire two top MMA guys to the company.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I watch it weekly and I'm entertained by the hilariousness.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Your asking if it's worth watching and at this time I'll say not even worth the time. But if you just wanna sit back and have a good laugh then TNA is a great and defiantly worth the watch.

I suggest you give PWG a watch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TNA need to get their management and creative structure sorted. They have all the ingredients neccessary to become a profitable number two company but keep making idiotic decisions. Go back to being an alternative rather than attempting to be an inferior version of WWE.

I think that there are glimmers of hope on Impact each week but the overall direction has been poor. If there are some of your favourite wrestlers there then watch it each week otherwise give it a pass. Wait until they actually figure things out creatively before giving them a chance again.

If you want another show to watch check out NXT.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Yeah, I agree with Troy. If you're looking for a good show to watch then check out NXT on hulu. It's free and has some good matches, storylines, and characters.

I watch TNA every week but thats mostly just to see whatever AJ and Aries do for the night. Only two reasons to watch TNA, to be honest. Bully Ray makes a good heel champion though, but the Aces and Eights stuff has run it's course.

Sigma Manatee

Reaction score
I already watch NXT, shit's awesome.

I've been considering getting into ROH for a while now. Might actually do it soon.

Reactions: 1 person

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I don't know, ROH is worth a watch if you haven't seen it before. That way you won't really notice how much it's changed, or how low the quality has gotten.

For any first timers I'm sure it would still be a good alternative to WWE.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
if he wants to get into ROH i say join XWT and download the early years 2004-2009.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
And leave out 2010? There was a lot of good stuff that year. I would have said around 2005-2011.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
TNA sucks, they have a mark who runs the place, and hire people in management positions who are out of their league. Body can't move if the brain is dead.