Starrcast/Conrad Thompson files trademark for "Southwest Championship Wrestling"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtg1mtczotczmjmzmte2nta1.jpg

Conrad Thompson's Starrcast LLC has filed to trademark the name, 'Southwest Championship Wrestling'

SCW was a promotion owned by Joe Blanchard and run out of San Antonio, Texas from 1978 to 1985.

The purposes of the trademark are listed as "Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network" as well as goods and services such as, "Bandanas; Hats; Shirts; Sweatshirts; Hooded sweatshirts."

The filings were submitted on August 5.

Earlier this week, Thompson teased that Ric Flair's Last Match was part of a "bigger master plan" while speaking on My World with Jeff Jarrett.

"You and I talked about this over a year ago," Thompson said to Jarrett. "I said, 'no, I'm not doing wrestling, I'm not promoting wrestling, I'm not negotiating finishes, I don't want to be involved in the politics.' I like my lane but this opportunity presented itself. The real story that we're not talking about, we will tell you one day, but this is part of a bigger master plan and no it does not involve Ric Flair wrestling again but the entrepreneur brain kicked off and I saw an opportunity for Sunday and I said, 'if I don't do it, I'll wonder what if, so let's do it.' We rolled the dice, I couldn't be more tickled with the results."

Last week, Booker T revealed on his Hall of Fame radio show that Thompson had approached him about having a match at Starrcast next year.

"I was approached actually to have a final match next year at Starrcast. Harlem Heat’s final match, here in Texas. I said, ‘Hell no. We ain’t doing none of that.’ I just had a match a couple of weeks ago, my knee was killing me. I can only imagine what it’s going to feel like next year. Y’all can forget about seeing me do one last match."

"The thing is, I’m still working, I’m still having matches. You’re just never going to see me have a ‘last match.’ You’re never going to see me do much in the ring. I’m never going to build up a match like I’m doing a whole lot. ‘One tag in, one tag out. That’s it, I’m done, where’s my check?’ I learned from one of my teachers back in the day, ‘Hacksaw’ Butch Reed. I got to tag with him down in the Global Wrestling Federation, and he said ‘Man, I’m coming in one time. I’m coming out and asking for my check.’ That’s the way you do it."

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I figured when he said the whole thing was part of a master plan, that he was planning on promoting wrestling shows for Starrcast weekend going forward.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Which one of his carny podcasters turned him into a money mark? :hmm

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I figured when he said the whole thing was part of a master plan, that he was planning on promoting wrestling shows for Starrcast weekend going forward.

Yeah seems like it's going to be classic nostalgia stuff like the JCP presentation and now this trademark for another defunct organization

Reactions: Hoss

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr