Stardom Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
220px-Stardom_New_Blood_7_official_poster.jpg

Watch Session One

#1 Singles Match
Rina vs. Miran

- These two look literally no age at all - they must be in the Nick Wayne school of skipping classing and wrestling instead, but younger.

- I think her name is Rina - looks like she would out wrestle the crap out of Jade Cargill already.

- Was that the Widow's Peak / Whatever Tara's/Victoria's finisher was? Solid ending to an interesting opening contest.

- Honestly never heard of New Blood event from Stardom - but these have a different feel already.

#2 Singles Match

Marika Kobashi vs. Ruaka

- Marika Kobashi? That name rings a bell from TJPW I think. Or I am just getting confused. No matter what Ruaka is not an easy opponent to face.

- A little bit of a metal entrance from Marika - I am sure Deth and Jeff would like her theme.

- This is very interesting contest, it is clear that Ruaka is the favorite, but that isn't seeming to hold Marika back.

- Ruaka with the big splash off the top for a strong and fairly convincing victory.

#3 Singles Match
Nanae Takahashi vs. Waka Tsukiyama

- Don't recognize Nanae at all - unless I am being majorly dense.

- This match has been a really interesting brawl and normally I don't care for Waka at all - but she has shown heart in this contest.

- And Nanae got a bit froggy for the finish - I really liked what she brought to the table and will make sure I check her out again in future.

- Waka is doing a great of selling being beaten up. Obviously I have no idea what the post-match promo was about - but it certainly seemed very emotional.

- Had to research - and Waka is on a losing streak. Okay - this makes more sense now.

#4 New Blood Tag Team Title Tournament First Round Match
Momoka Hanazono & Momo Kohgo vs. God's Eye (Ami Sourei & Nanami)

- Momo Kohgo has been growing on me as of late since getting back into Stardom and watching the Triangle Derby, so I think I wll have to be cheering for her team today. I also like the energy she is bringing with Momoka to the ring - nice happy positive vibes.

- Sourei looking dangerous as hell in this contest, but that comes with the territory of having championship gold in your possession.

- Hanazono really bring the the comedy to the ring - and has the Toru Yano vibes to her, but also has fast paced skills to. Loved that she was high fiving the referee too.

- A lot of near falls in this tag match and its a great start to the tournament matches for the evening. Three more to go after this - and I'm yet to be disappointed.

- A strong and pressive sit-out finisher by Sourei to win the contest.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The Best Birthday News.

Reactions: FatBagzJones

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
The audience is pretty quiet in Japan, regardless if they allow cheering or not. Never saw this as a big deal.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
220px-Stardom_New_Blood_7_official_poster.jpg

Watch Session Two

#5 New Blood Tag Team Title Tournament First Round Match
Chanyota & Mai Sakurai vs. Queen's Quest (Hina & Lady C)

- Really got to show Queen's Quest some love here, but Sakurai has been that great third person in DDM in the Derby so I'm just here for good Joshi. Not sure I've seen Chanoyta before - but she looks quite built.

- Chanyota has got attitude already - a real Donna in the making.

- Proving to be a really good contest though, really back and forth and full of near falls.

- A great bit of team work, leading Mai to getting that big aerial finish. Chanyota you can stay for sure! Hope this is a good sign ahead of Mai's shot at the Future of Stardom Championship.

#6 New Blood Tag Team Title Tournament First Round Match
KARMA & Starlight Kid vs. Club Venus (Mariah May & Xia Brookside)

- It is Club Venus BAYBAY! Sorry SLK - you're fucking awesome, but this is all about club life!

- Music copyrighted obviously - despite being a remix version of the song. Still enjoyed the energy though - even if it was in silence.

- I love that Xia acted scared and just ran out of the ring to let Mariah fight SLK - that is really great on a performative level for selling Starlight as being scary.

- Club Venus just continues to really grow on me - I can really see a lot of potential in the future for them. Also don't think I've been this pumped about a new women's tag team combination in quite a while.

- This match is fucking fyaaaaaaaaaaah!

- Starlight Kid continues to get better and better each time I see her though - I really do see her getting pushed right to the top one day in Stardom. I don't know when - but I do think it could happen.

- Its a shame Club Venus lost - but in good tag team booking, the losses are just as important as the wins in telling a good rise to the top story.

Karma's translated promo was worth sharing:

"I am Karma, I am under no one’s control. I do what I want. I’ll take the belts, and rule New Blood, alongside Kid. And you scum, I’ll show you the depths of Hell. All you people watching the stream, too."

#7 New Blood Tag Team Title Tournament First Round Match
STARS (Hanan & Saya Iida) vs. God's Eye (MIRAI & Tomoka Inaba)

- Say Iida offers something a little bit different and I quite enjoy it. So hope she looks good, although I don't really have any feeling about Hanan.

- Tomoka Inaba I don't know at all though - but she is reppin title gold, so she must have something to offer to the table.

- Really excited about Inaba - she looking really fucking great in the ring.

- Iida though it a little Swole Beast - watch out Jordynne Grace LOL!

- MIRAI with the strong finish to end the night.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Starlight Kid for Wonder of Stardom champ.

I am on that waggon. Even if she doesn't beat Saya, please within the next couple Champs. Dew it!!!

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Starlight Kid for Wonder of Stardom champ.

I am on that waggon. Even if she doesn't beat Saya, please within the next couple Champs. Dew it!!!
I'm using NJPW logic in my head - but I'm not sure Stardom think the same way

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I'm using NJPW logic in my head - but I'm not sure Stardom think the same way

In the past year+ it has reminded me of 2010s NJPW just because it is more long-term focused.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I think the best booking would be - SLK win the title. Has a decent reign. Loses it someone established.

Leads to Title vs. Mask match. Result doesn't even matter

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
054F010163D1556E05B6D2BA99EEC848

Watch Session One

#1 Future Of Stardom Title Match
Ami Sourei (c) vs. Mai Sakurai

- Come on Mai Sakurai - bring the gold back to DDM! A title match to start off proceeding though is cool.

- Contest started strong, with both competitors looking good and with it looking as if the title could leave with either women at the end of the contest.

- A solid match to open up proceeding - but without commentary it was fairly locked in that Sourei was defending. Was a good showing nonetheless.

- Mutual respect shown in a handshake. Nice.

#3 Triangle Derby I Match
Queen's Quest (AZM, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs. Donna del Mondo (Himeka & Maika) & Lady C

- Queen's Quest 100% the team to route for in this one.

- I really do enjoy the trio combo of AZM, Saya and Utami.

- Lady C going after Hayashishit with such anger and seemingly hatred was not something I was expecting to see here at all. WOW!

- That near falls was too close - following that throat chop!

- This match was cool to watch though - and the Triangle Derby continues to be one of the standout highlight for the month of January.

#4 Triangle Derby I Match
Rebel X Enemy (Maika Ozaki, Maya Yukihi & Ram Kaicho) vs. Club Venus (Mariah May, Mina Shirakawa & Xia Brookside)

- Ram on one team. Club Venus the other. Well I am cheering for Venus - but I am going to love every moment that Kaicho steps into that ring too.

- Club Venus is here! Take it away Mina!

- These teams couldn't be anymore different with their styles and attitudes going into this one.

- I almost feel as Mina is massively under my radar as well - and I really should have held in much higher esteem previously.

- This match fucking bangs!

- Thought Xia had the win with that Swinging Neckbreaker. And that double team by May and Brookside was also cool as fuck. Need to find out what they call that. Three minutes left - this is going to be another close call contest.

- Dang it! My ladies taking another L in the Derby.

(1:14)​

Reactions: Necro

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
STARDOM Results: Triangle Derby Trios League Day 9 – Maebashi, Japan (1/29)

The following results are from a recent STARDOM event. The event took place on January 29th, 2023 at the Yamada Green Dome Sub Arena in Maebashi, Gunma, Japan.

Triple Threat Match
AZM defeated Waka Tsukiyama and Tomoka Inaba.

6 Woman Tag Team Match
Queen’s Quest (Saya Kamitani, Utami Hayashishita & Hina) defeated Oedo-tai (Starlight Kid, Momo Watanabe & Rina).

6 Woman Tag Team Match
BariBari Bombers (Mai Sakurai, Giulia & Thekla) defeated Oedo-tai (Saki Kashima, Natsuko Tora & Ruaka).

Triangle Derby Trios League Group Stage Match
Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano, SAKI & Natsupoi) defeated Classmates (Saya Iida, Koguma & Hazuki).

Abarenbo GE (Ami Sorei, Syuri & MIRAI) defeated H&M’s (Momo Kohgo, Mayu Iwatani & Hanan).

Rebel x Enemy (Kaicho Ram, Maika Ozaki & Maya Yukihi) defeated Neo STARDOM Army (Nanae Takahashi, Yuna Mizumori & Yuu).

Club Venus (Mina Shirakawa, Mariah May & Xia Brookside) defeated MaiHime With C (Lady C, Maika & Himeka).

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
054F010163D1556E05B6D2BA99EEC848

Watch Session Two

#5 Triangle Derby I Match

STARS (Hanan, Mayu Iwatani & Momo Kohgo) vs. Prominence (Hiragi Kurumi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki)

- Momo Kohgo! One of my new likes. Suzu though is fucking fierce though - so this is also going to be good viewing.

- Wow Kohgo took some real damage there! Saved by her friends in what would have been certain loss - no one would have bought a kickout there.

- She still took the loss though, but was made to look tough in defeat.

#6 Triangle Derby I Match
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima) vs. Neo Stardom Army (Nanae Takahashi, Yuna Mizumori & Yuu)

- Hopefully Oedo Tai wipe the floor with these court jesters.

- Got to be crazy trying to fuck with Tora - especially as the tiny of your team.

- Momo is also fucking awesome.

- Yuu cannonballing all three of Oedi Tai. FUCK!

- Post match fighting! Nice! Use the case! Ruaka getting involved as well made me laugh fucking hard.