Star Wars New Trilogy Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Re: Han Solo: Solo

Boba Fett :mark:

Would mark more for a Han Solo film if there was someway Harrison Ford could play him in it, but at his age, the chances of that are basically zero.

Ehhhhh, not so high on a Yoda standalone.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Totally not surprised at all to see Boba Fett finally getting a story that focuses on him even a little bit lol. Never seen another character in any other movie or form of fiction receive so much fanaticism for virtually nothing. He even DIED like a complete punk.

I'm guessing we're gonna find out not only how Han Solo knew his name in Jedi, but how Boba seemed to know exactly how to find the Falcon in Empire. Maybe Han tried something like that before...

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

The Fett movie is safe they really can't screw up cannon with a movie focused on him to much. Han they can really screw the pooch if they dont watch what there doing. But everyone (including myself) seem to be waiting for Disney to fuck it up hopefully they realize that and set out to prove us wrong.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

As long as Lucas, Speilberg and Bret Ratner stay away from this, and they let JJ Abrams do his thing, it can do no wrong.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

JJ Abrams isn't controlling the whole thing just one film.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I don't want a Han Solo film, sorry.

Young, pre-episode IV Han? I'm not sure I want to know anything about that Han. I like Han how he is, just a normal guy, doesn't believe in the Force, doesn't agree with the Empire, falls into a situation and it makes him. I don't really want to know if he was a good guy or a bad guy before he meets Obi Wan. It worries me that they've announced it without a writer or director. There's so many good characters out there (BOBA FETT) who you can do a stand alone film with without risking fucking with the good stuff. They don't need to touch Han, though shouldn't touch Han. It's too easily fucked up.

We're going to have shit Star Wars films now, that's a fact. The Marvel experiment has proven that, they'll go great ones, average ones and shit ones. Han Solo should not be within that roulette

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Young, pre-episode IV Han? I'm not sure I want to know anything about that Han. I like Han how he is, just a normal guy, doesn't believe in the Force, doesn't agree with the Empire, falls into a situation and it makes him. I don't really want to know if he was a good guy or a bad guy before he meets Obi Wan. It worries me that they've announced it without a writer or director. There's so many good characters out there (BOBA FETT) who you can do a stand alone film with without risking effing with the good stuff. They don't need to touch Han, though shouldn't touch Han. It's too easily effed up.

We're going to have shampoo Star Wars films now, that's a fact. The Marvel experiment has proven that, they'll go great ones, average ones and shampooe ones. Han Solo should not be within that roulette

Said the same thing. It's great for the comic film industry but other franchises shouldn't try to do it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Young, pre-episode IV Han? I'm not sure I want to know anything about that Han. I like Han how he is, just a normal guy, doesn't believe in the Force, doesn't agree with the Empire, falls into a situation and it makes him. I don't really want to know if he was a good guy or a bad guy before he meets Obi Wan. It worries me that they've announced it without a writer or director. There's so many good characters out there (BOBA FETT) who you can do a stand alone film with without risking fucking with the good stuff. They don't need to touch Han, though shouldn't touch Han. It's too easily fucked up.

We're going to have shit Star Wars films now, that's a fact. The Marvel experiment has proven that, they'll go great ones, average ones and shit ones. Han Solo should not be within that roulette
You do realize George Lucas is still staying on as an adviser for these films, right?

Just checking.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Said the same thing. It's great for the comic film industry but other franchises shouldn't try to do it.

This is the first time since the Disney "big bang" I've been worried, it's the first time I've smelt dollars over creativity. They're going with Boba and Han cause they think they're the hardcore fans favourites, not because they're the most interesting.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

You do realize George Lucas is still staying on as an adviser for these films, right?

Just checking.

It doesn't change the fact I'd rather not know Han's back story. Some characters benefit from an air of mystique about their background, I think Han Solo is one of those.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

It doesn't change the fact I'd rather not know Han's back story. Some characters benefit from an air of mystique about their background, I think Han Solo is one of those.
I don't exactly understand how it could damage the character considering Solo hasn't been in a Star Wars movie for 30 years. If this was the very next installment of the series since his last appearance and the series was still relatively new, I would see that argument better, but it would be hard to screw up Harrison Ford's Han Solo character unless they just made him look like a total weakling which I seriously doubt they'll do. Besides, it doesn't really say exactly how far back they're going with his character, it's unlikely we're getting a teenage Solo in a stand-alone film. Especially considering Boba Fett is clearly bounty-hunting in this movie, so it couldn't be that long before Episode IV. Probably just some crazy story from around the same time he got the Falcon, 2-3 years prior to New Hope tops.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I don't exactly understand how it could damage the character considering Solo hasn't been in a Star Wars movie for 30 years. If this was the very next installment of the series since his last appearance and the series was still relatively new, I would see that argument better, but it would be hard to screw up Harrison Ford's Han Solo character unless they just made him look like a total weakling which I seriously doubt they'll do. Besides, it doesn't really say exactly how far back they're going with his character, it's unlikely we're getting a teenage Solo in a stand-alone film. Especially considering Boba Fett is clearly bounty-hunting in this movie, so it couldn't be that long before Episode IV. Probably just some crazy story from around the same time he got the Falcon, 2-3 years prior to New Hope tops.

It's not that I disagree with anything you're saying, it's more that I just enjoy Han Solo the way he is. I don't really need any more.

To take a personal example; I love Wedge Antilles, a fairly minor character but one that could have an amazing back story. He's the only pilot aside from Luke to survive both Death Star attacks, clearly a massive hero for the Rebellion, there's the whole Rogue Squadron thing to examine, that's the kinda story I want to see in these stand alone films. Like I say, I just think you leave the main characters to the main story.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

It's not that I disagree with anything you're saying, it's more that I just enjoy Han Solo the way he is. I don't really need any more.

To take a personal example; I love Wedge Antilles, a fairly minor character but one that could have an amazing back story. He's the only pilot aside from Luke to survive both Death Star attacks, clearly a massive hero for the Rebellion, there's the whole Rogue Squadron thing to examine, that's the kinda story I want to see in these stand alone films. Like I say, I just think you leave the main characters to the main story.
Ok then, I see what you mean. Fair enough.

Though I actually prefer this to the Yoda backstory that was originally rumored. I got enough of Yoda in 5/6 of the other movies, so that's definitely one character we don't need any more of. At least with Boba Fett, they can give the fans a reason for his unwarranted praise. As long as they stay away from a lot of the batshit crazy ideas the fan fiction writers came up with, it should be fine imo. Like the resurrected Darth Maul...

CyborgDarthMaul.jpg

Fuck that nonsense.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Yeah I get that.

I think Boba Fett is the perfect example, cause let's face it; Boba isn't a character, he's a helmet. There's no exposition or development of his character in V or VI, all we know is he's a bounty hunter and he's not a good guy. He's the ideal guy to have a stand alone film. Aside from Wedge Antilles other people I think would work are;

Dengar
Palpatine/Plagueis
Ki-Adi-Mundi

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I don't think they'd fuck with a fan favourite. You'd have a lot of pissed off Star Wars nerds on your doorstep fast if you fucked with Solo.

I'm actually kind of excited for both films. I like knowing the backstory of characters. Especially Han, how did he get in the mess he was in with Jabba? I love that stuff.