• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Star Wars appreciation thread.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Well I get this little PM saying hey we should have a Star Wars Thread.

So I will get this bitch started. In this huge world that Lucas created what are everyone's initial thoughts regarding this beloved franchise?

What or whom is everyone's favorite Characters and why?

Honestly I love the Star Wars universe. As horrible as the prequels were I do and still appreciate them for what they did in telling the story of Vader/Anakin although I like many others probably were more interested in what transpired in Episode 3 to where he turns to the Dark Side and became Vader versus the punk little kid who just made a few good choices and no one gave a shit about his little romance with Padme although you do see who was the parent of Luke and Leia.

There are many characters with whom I love in the Star Wars universe but in my opinion I think series would not have gotten off of the ground with this one character:

Han-Solo.jpg

With out this character and the Actor portraying him I think Star Wars would never have gotten off of the ground in the fashion that it did and believe that we would all never have witnessed the brilliance of this actor and the characters that came later in the series.

Now what do you think PULSE.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
While I like Han Solo a lot, I think the most important character in the original one is Obi Wan Kenobi. Not just for his role as a mentor to the future main hero, but also because Sir Alec Guinness was an Academy Award winning actor who brought a ton of credibility to the movie itself. Without him giving it his endorsement, it's hard to imagine the movie reaching the levels that it did.

I'll post more thoughts later, in the middle of a burst pipe crisis right now (plumbing, not weed so MKT can relax).

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
While I like Han Solo a lot, I think the most important character in the original one is Obi Wan Kenobi. Not just for his role as a mentor to the future main hero, but also because Sir Alec Guinness was an Academy Award winning actor who brought a ton of credibility to the movie itself. Without him giving it his endorsement, it's hard to imagine the movie reaching the levels that it did.

I'll post more thoughts later, in the middle of a burst pipe crisis right now (plumbing, not weed so MKT can relax).

I can see your point with Alec Guinness and the credibility factor but I think Harrison Ford in the role of Han Solo brought the films to life so much that he helped to carry the films. I got the feeling from time to time that he lived as Han Solo where as Guinness being the great actor that he was just did a great job acting the character.

I hope that your pipes get fixed. MKT calm down its just water.

Krisis

I can't really pick 1 character as my favorite. Narrowed down to two it would be a tie between Bane and Mace Windu.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
So with all the news coming out about spin off single stand alone movies. Which character or characters would you like to see a Stand alone film of?

Han Solo
Yoda
Bobba Fett
Mace Windu

Who would you like to see that could help bolster a franchise that has a huge base of fans but could also reinvigorate the whole franchise along with the new episodes.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
One guy that I'd love to see a movie made about is Lobot.

lobot.jpg

No, for real. This guy looks like a total bad ass and is the second-in-command to the administrator of Cloud City, Lando. In fact, a Lobot/Lando movie would fucking rule!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
One guy that I'd love to see a movie made about is Lobot.

lobot.jpg

No, for real. This guy looks like a total bad ass and is the second-in-command to the administrator of Cloud City, Lando. In fact, a Lobot/Lando movie would fucking rule!

You know that could be a decent film. Since Lando was a gambler type swash buckler I could see that and show how Lando won Bespin and became the leader.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
A Lando movie would totally rock

I know Fuji would love a Bobo Fett movie...lol the only way I wanna see a Fett movie is if they get Breckin Meyer to voice him like he does in the Robot Chicken Star Wars shows

and how about a movie for this guy
Dengar-TESB30.jpg

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Haha, that guy is Dengar, and in the stupid expanded universe he gets married and Boba Fett is at the wedding. This is a movie we probably don't need, but one where Fett is slowly digested by the Sarlaac for 1000 years (in real time) would be great.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Oh I know all about Dengar he has a dumptruck

[YOUTUBE]Megwh5D_CMA[/YOUTUBE]

IG 88 has a 57 Chevy
[YOUTUBE]Ut-KyLQujQA[/YOUTUBE]

Zuckus has a Prius
[YOUTUBE]ARQxhPvPmR8[/YOUTUBE]

and Boskk loves his Segway
[YOUTUBE]512B_tQjqN0[/YOUTUBE]

but nothing beats Fett's Vette
[YOUTUBE]baRCq3twqww[/YOUTUBE]

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
What is one creature in the star wars universe you would like to have as a pet?

I want that floppy eared guy that laughs by Jabba in return of the Jedi.
Just so I could punch him. His name eludes me at the moment, but once I get on my computer I will throw up a picture.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
What is one creature in the star wars universe you would like to have as a pet?

I want that floppy eared guy that laughs by Jabba in return of the Jedi.
Just so I could punch him. His name eludes me at the moment, but once I get on my computer I will throw up a picture.
That would be Salacious B. Crumb....

3522n1e.jpg

and I'd love to have him as a pet too, just to piss everyone off with that laugh. Other than Crumb, I wouldn't mind having a Dianoga since they probably make great guards....

rw6zwl.gif

or failing that, just a drunk Jawa or two.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
That would be Salacious B. Crumb....

3522n1e.jpg

and I'd love to have him as a pet too, just to piss everyone off with that laugh. Other than Crumb, I wouldn't mind having a Dianoga since they probably make great guards....

rw6zwl.gif

or failing that, just a drunk Jawa or two.

Yes the great eyeball of the trash. I want a Taun Taun too. I could ride it and then when cold cut it open and say, "i thought they smelled bad on the outside"