**SPOILERS** Two More SmackDown! Taping Reports

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Source: PWInsider.com
Thanks to Graham White for sending in this report:

Here are the quick spoilers for Friday's show. I will send a more detailed report when I get home.
The WrestleMania rematch between Rey Mysterio and Cody Rhodes started the show. Rhodes did a very good promo, but then lost to Rey. They brawled after the match.

They did another funny therapy skit with LayCool.

Jack Swagger beat Trent Barreta with The Anklelock.

They aired a video for the former Awesome Kong.

The Big Show and Kane beat Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel to win the WWE Tag Titles. Big Zeke tried to help his teammates but Kane fought him off.

Drew McIntyre beat Chris Masters. The crowd was behind Drew since he is from The UK.

Wade Barrett beat Kofi Kingston to retain the Intercontinental Title.

Then they did Alberto Del Rio's retirement party for Edge. Alberto was great on the mic. This led to Edge and Christian coming out and laying him out. The show ended with Christian on a ladder holding the World Title.

After the show went off the air, Christian thanked the crowd and then gave the mic to Edge, who gave a great speech about his retirement. It was a great show.

Thanks to Vivian Sahm for sending in this report:

The ring was changed while Cole mine was rolled in. Booker T got a great reaction. Edge vignette opens the show. Replay of battle royal. Smackdown opening plays. Recently knighted Michael Cole comes out huge heat to God Save the Queen. Cole is dressed in regal attire and goes into Cole mine.

Cody Rhodes comes out to minor heat with shopping trolley heads to ring with men in suits. Wrestlemania rematch in the offing. Cody rambles on about Mysterio wearing a mask. A "You suck" chant rings out. Rhodes holds up brown paper bag mask. Assistants hand them out ringside. Apparently gone to "great expense" providing them! Cody wants to be drafted off the show and saving a paper bag mask for Mysterio. Mysterio to huge pop comes out.

1. Rey Mysterio defeated Cody Rhodes. Match immediately goes to the outside with Mysterio on the offensive. Rhodes turns the tide. Plenty of heat. Mysterio powerbomb reversal leads to near fall. Rhodes on the offensive with abdominal stretch round ring post. Mysterio fights back with enziguri but misses 619 setup. Rhodes with a near fall and continues on offense. Rhodes goes for superplex but Mysterio fights back. Mysterio jumps from the turnbuckle to be met with Rhodes dropkick and a near fall. Cody goes for power bomb but reversed for roll up and Mysterio win.

Rhodes reacts badly to heat! Mysterio into ringside boardings by Rhodes and into crowd. Mysterio into steps by Rhodes. Continue into crowd. Mysterio throws Rhodes back to ringside. Crossroads to Mysterio on the ringside mats. Rhodes places paper bag mask on Mysterio. Rhodes in the ring victorious to heat.

Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett backstage discuss the battle royal from last week. Heath Slater comes in as does Ezekiel Jackson. Big pop for Barrett as the argument continues over who would sell whose mother down the river.

LayCool fought in another couples counseling session. No one cared.

Trent Baretta comes out to pretty much no reaction. Michael Cole leaves the Cole mine and climbs into the ring with regal attire still on. Huge heat. "May I have...." etc etc. Raw vignette plays re: kissing feet. Cole loving it and getting MEGA heat. Replay of fake Queen knighthood rubbish. Cole introduces Jack Swagger to substantial heat.