*SPOILERS* TNA Impact Wrestling Tapings for 10/17/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
* AJ Styles opened the show and cut a promo on Bully Ray and Bound For Glory. There will be a contract signing later tonight.

* Robbie E defeated Eric Young, Daniels and Hernandez in a Fatal 4 Way.

* Dixie Carter came out and cut a promo, talking about Bully Ray and AJ Styles. Bully Ray interrupts, which brings out Magnus. Magnus challenges Ray to a match and gets beatdown.

* Gunner defeated Knux.

* Samoa Joe defeated Cris Sabin. Austin Aries attacked Joe after the match. Jeff Hardy made the save with a ladder and took out Aries. Manik eventually ran out also.

* Kurt Angle talked about facing Bobby Roode at Bound For Glory. He was attacked by Roode, Daniels and Kazarian.

* Bully Ray defeated Magnus after Sting accidentally provided a distraction. Sting and Magnus had words after the match.

* The show ended with a Bully Ray and AJ Styles contract signing for Bound For Glory. They didn't fight but closed it with a staredown
This is the go home show to Bound For Glory and i've updated the card in the original thread with the new matches that were announced this past show.

From what i've seen these past few weeks and by reading these spoilers is that a Magnus heel turn may be incoming. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Jericho/HBK Mania like ending to their match with Magnus low blowing Sting.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Heels beatdown faces, is what this show should be titled.

Better not fuck up Magnus' momentum with a heel turn, that company is too heel heavy and would just put him under Bully Ray and EGO which would derail his rise to the mainevent.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Match wise it looks a decent Impact, but there is a lot of other shit going on too.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Heels beatdown faces, is what this show should be titled.

Better not fuck up Magnus' momentum with a heel turn, that company is too heel heavy and would just put him under Bully Ray and EGO which would derail his rise to the mainevent.
Does he even really have momentum going? If anything I feel like this Sting matchup will the start of his momentum regardless of whether he stays face or turns heel from it.

Personally, I think whether he stays face or turns heel then he's still going to be in the same position however I'd love to see him turn and align with Dixie because she's pretty nuclear right now, just my only problem with this is that it would it be too similar to the Trips/Orton/Bryan storyline.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I thought he had momentum until TNA gave that BFG series to AJ. He was TNA's best shot at making an actual homegrown star. He can talk, has a great look, and best of all, is over where TNA actually draws. Apparently TNA does better in the UK than they do in the States.

I don't think aligning Magnus with Dixie would be a good move, I don't think TNA creative will have a good heel persona for him and would probably go back to a guy in a suit who bitches, like Bobby Roode inc. circa 2007.

Should just babyface the fuck out of him and Sting hands him the torch and goes on to do whatever(hopefully WWE run).

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I agree about the BFG series, I actually switched my choice to Magnus steamrolling his way through at it after looking at our BFG Standings thread. I'd disagree with you on the being able to talk part but the rest I whole heartedly agree with.

I thought about Magnus/Dixie for a couple of reasons. Her conflict with Sting this past week and the brewing issues between him and Magnus, Dixies new dislike for AJ (which by the way makes no kayfabe sense to me) and wanting her own champion (again, similar to the corporation angle we got going) and by all accounts I think Dixie has always been a big Magnus fan.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I just don't think another heel is what TNA needs to promote, they have too many atm, and they don't have many babyfaces they can build a solid foundation on. This is TNA's problem, they don't know how to book babyfaces, they suffer from that heelsownfaces mentality of a Horsemen/nWo dynamic where they think the face chasing the heel is the better option, and the heel is booked to look like fucking badasses while the face looks like chumps, who are easily duped and are laid out most of the time.

Magnus turning would just put him behind a character that has "go-home" heat and would just turn him Orton, which isn't doing Orton any favours, and I doubt it would work for anyone else. Subordinates do not draw money.