Spoiler - Top 5 WM 30 Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- We still don't know if Sheamus is scheduled to make his return at Sunday's WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view but we now know he is returning soon because he's penciled into one of the top 5 matches at WrestleMania XXX.

Current plans as of today, January 24th, have Sheamus facing Daniel Bryan in a singles match at WrestleMania.

This will be the third WrestleMania match between the two. They faced in a Lumberjack dark match resulting on a no contest at WrestleMania 27 and Sheamus defeated Bryan in 18 seconds at WrestleMania 28.

Plans can always change six weeks out but word as of today that the Sheamus vs. Bryan match is pretty much set in stone.

- PWInsider

The trilogy of fail so far. I don't really get it short of Sheamus being Hunters hitman or Erics cousin.

Oh well if true guess we can hope for an actual 15min match

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't see the logic behind this. Gonna' get "Daniel Bryan" in the WWE Title match more than likely if this is the case though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It comes off the elite side of pw insider. I don't get it short of Sheamus taking him out at one of the next two ppvs

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It comes off the elite side of pw insider. I don't get it short of Sheamus taking him out at one of the next two ppvs

I guess the basis of it could be Sheamus being heel and Bryan wanting to avenge that 18 second loss a few years ago. Still doesn't make much more sense other than that though.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Batista vs Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Brock Lesnar vs The UnderTaker
CM Punk vs Hunter
John Cena w/Hulk Hogan vs Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus
Supposedly from the same guy on his podcast. That card is fucking trash, hope it's not true.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
This idea sounds so stupid that it actually sounds like wwe possibly messing with the iwc.

But that's probably wishful thinking...

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If they can't get Punk to commit to an extension or new deal at the very least Bryan should be the one vs HHH and Kane should get Punk. Punk doesn't deserve nor has he earned leverage to be higher on the card

Then let The Wyatt's and Shield go at it, and do Cena v Sheamus w/ Piper and Hogan in the corners and Mr. T as ref

Hell I rather see 4 corners - Dave v Brock v Randy v Cena if they got Sting signed. Then you give us Bryan in something better than this trilogy bs

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It isn't just a terrible card but with the possibilities that they have this year, if those were the big matches, then I'd be disappointed.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd say Orton/Batista is a lock even though I don't want to see it at all, likewise HHH/Punk.

I'd be happy to see Brock/Undertaker but there's no way if he does sign which it's believed he will this year that Sting will be left with Cena, nor would I imagine they fuck Brock about and take him away from Taker.

Cena definitely feels like the odd guy out in both the rumoured card and a mix of my fantasy card that would tie in with current events.

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Other then the 18 second match a couple years ago, there is absolutely no point to this kind of match, and I'm quite sure a lot of people forgot about that 18 second match.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Other then the 18 second match a couple years ago, there is absolutely no point to this kind of match, and I'm quite sure a lot of people forgot about that 18 second match.

I disagree this is perfect example of DB coming full circle this is where WWEs rejection of him started now he get's vengeance this could be a good story if they play it right.

Reactions: Deezy

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Except, you know, the Network is dropping and Mania is right around the corner and people will watch past Manias and relive that moment.

Regardless, this is stupid and should NOT be done!

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Supposedly from the same guy on his podcast. That card is fucking trash, hope it's not true.

If this is true then WWE are really starting to make a habit out of booking weak matches despite a stacked roster. They did this last year at WrestleMania 29 with their incredibly safe and predictable card, even though they had so many top names to mix it up a bit.

Seriously, of all the top names going into WrestleMania 30 this is the best they can do? Batista/Orton would be boring as hell, Cena is one of the last people I'd have to try and get a good match out of Bray Wyatt, and Bryan/Sheamus would be fun but totally underutilizing Bryan. The other two are fine, but totally uninspiring when surrounded by that.

I hope it's not true either.

Reactions: Dale

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
according to reports... (taken with a grain of salt)... you can add Ultimate Warrior v. Ryback to the rumored card... read this morning that they pushed hard for Goldberg but money was too far off, so Warrior might step in to that match... again, probably all just rumored bullshit but Warrior's new deal apparently has an actual match as a part of it..... I think, in a weird way, I kind of like this idea..

Reactions: SAIYANS

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
If Warrior is going to work a match, why in the hell is it not with Sheamus? Just the WWE made video package for all stars got me pumped for that. Who is the ULTIMATE Warrior? That would be a true fantasy match come true.

Brock can face Taker because that should have happened in 2003 when Brock won the Royal Rumble. They had such great chemistry then and it was a tragedy we got that mess of A-Train and Big Show vs. Taker. Now I think it could even been played out a little better because Taker is old and Brock is still in his prime. They can play that up, and the streak has a lot more importance now then it did back in 03.

Triple H vs. Punk is something I'm almost 100 percent sure it happening, and I don't really mind it. A good undercard main event.

Daniel Bryan vs. anyone but Orton is a waste of time and talent. Bryan finally needs to get his redemption and stand tall as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Orton bores the hell out of me but there are certain people that he can make magic with, and Bryan is one of them.

I'm digging Cena vs. Bray because I'm really interested to see where it goes. And if they don't tie in that Bray targeted both of the Bellas men that I'm gonna be disappointed.