[Spoiler] Royal Rumble WWE Championship Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't get how people are saying Punk looked weak,buried, or even jobbed. Punk was on the offensive in my eyes 70% of the time, and the announcers put him over as fuck. I think it would have been more fun if it was booked evenly, but it was booked heavily to punk besides the last few minutes. Man, Punk marks whine more than Phil does. He was champ for over 400+ days and lost to the The Rock, who beat Cena CLEANLY at Mania. Punk himself hasn't beaten John Cena clean before so "Rock buried Punk" didn't happen imo. Punks credibility isn't hurt because The Rock is more credible than him simply because he's The Rock. Deny it all you want but in the eyes of the casuals its Rock > Punk and it always will be.

BTW this is not directed at anyone, and just a general feel I have gotten from browing the web.

Reactions: Swift

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
People also seem to think that Rock won't be on the RAW's leading up to Wrestlemania. From what I understand he is booked for almost every single one of them. That's not part timing.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
People also seem to think that Rock won't be on the RAW's leading up to Wrestlemania. From what I understand he is booked for almost every single one of them. That's not part timing.

Well it sort of is. Full time would be he's Wrestling every show, going with them to every event, until he either quits or retires.

Part time would be exactly what he's doing now, staying for a select period of time (usually a few months) and then going off to do other things in his life.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
Well it sort of is. Full time would be he's Wrestling every show, going with them to every event, until he either quits or retires.

Part time would be exactly what he's doing now, staying for a select period of time (usually a few months) and then going off to do other things in his life.
So Jericho is a part timer? :pity:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
If by memorable you mean being beaten by someone who left for 10 years, did nothing other than cut a shocking promo right before the match, be so far out of his prime and then will drop the belt later to John Cena effectively ruining a semi decent streak. Then yeah it'll be totally memorable for being the thing that set up Rock/Cena II.

Him losing the belt to Rock will be more memorable than his boring ass 478376483 day long reign. So yes.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
CM CRUNK said:
Terrible. !!
A part timer as Champion !
Ladies and Gentleman the champ is here, but I won't be, not for this shit.
I'm out !

[size=x-large]BEST IN THE WORLD
[/size]f*ck ROCK

What does Bryan Danielson have to do with any of this? :pity1:

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
deth said:
It's great. Punk was getting stale, and seeing Rock as champion again was special. It makes Punk's reign more memorable as well.

Totally agreed on this..

RiotRaven said:

Lol it's not...

Maybe in the big PG Supershow concept that we are having right now.. But the normal idea of being full time as a Raw superstar means that you have to be on all the RAW shows and PPV's.

That's full time for you. If Rock would be on every Smackdown as well, he's full time, but double booked.. Get your facts straight. :pity:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Danielson said:
I don't get how people are saying Punk looked weak,buried, or even jobbed. Punk was on the offensive in my eyes 70% of the time, and the announcers put him over as f*ck. I think it would have been more fun if it was booked evenly, but it was booked heavily to punk besides the last few minutes. Man, Punk marks whine more than Phil does. He was champ for over 400+ days and lost to the The Rock, who beat Cena CLEANLY at Mania. Punk himself hasn't beaten John Cena clean before so "Rock buried Punk" didn't happen imo. Punks credibility isn't hurt because The Rock is more credible than him simply because he's The Rock. Deny it all you want but in the eyes of the casuals its Rock > Punk and it always will be.

BTW this is not directed at anyone, and just a general feel I have gotten from browing the web.

You forgot to mention that The Rock was selling everything Punk threw at him very well, he actually made it look like he was getting hurt by Punk. Punk didn't look weak at all.
Punk marks are just being marks, they'd be bitching just as much if it was Cena who beat him for the title. Also, EVERYONE saw this coming MONTHS ago, I don't see why everyone's bitching and acting like they didn't know this was going to happen. Punk was basically just holding the title until Rock came back.

Rock > > > > > Punk
Simple as that.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Also lol at people saying shit like "OH NOEZ PUNK LOST TO SUCH A WEAK AND SHITTY MOVE!!!" :pity1:
"TOTEZ NOT BELIEVABLE AND UNREALISTIC MAN"

So you guys have a problem with Rock using a "weak" move to finish off Punk, but you guys don't have a problem with a vanilla midget who doesn't have a visible muscle in his entire body "beating up" The fucking Rock? A man who could probably chuck Punk half a mile in his sleep. :george:
Okay.

Reactions: Jose Tortilla

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
My problem isn't particularly Punk losing. I couldn't care less if he lost the belt in any of his other defenses (well, except if he dropped it to Kane, Show and Ryback yeah but that's another story), I just don't like the idea of Rock winning. But it's just my particular opinion is a viewer and always will be, I'm aware he'll sell and what not. I know that given the situation it was the smarter decision. Not really smart when you consider long term, I'll laugh in a few years when they're out of stars because they missed the boat to build any, but anyway, I digress. Rock is still a part timer, his main things are his movies these days, he doesn't work house shows (unlike Jericho), probably won't wrestle on Raw at all, and since I didn't watch him in his prime he doesn't appeal to me as he does to most people. Of course, I'll give him the fact that when he isn't spewing out endless catchphrases or making 10-year old jokes (which, again, in my opinion, aren't funnier than if Cena was telling them for example) his promos are excellent. But not only that, besides the fact that I probably won't enjoy his reign just because it's Rock with the belt in 2013, I'm almost sure he'll feud with Cena and only Cena. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that we may see a Triple Threat feud including Punk, and I really, really hope that's the case because I can't take another Cena/Rock being shoved down my throat hard like last year (and the thought that there may be a third one, urgh), but even though I still dislike that Rock is holding the belt. And all of this just so they can pop another buyrate and put the strap on Cena. Is it the smarter decision at this time? Yes. Do I, particularly, like it? No.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
deth said:
Also lol at people saying shit like "OH NOEZ PUNK LOST TO SUCH A WEAK AND SHITTY MOVE!!!" :pity1:
"TOTEZ NOT BELIEVABLE AND UNREALISTIC MAN"

So you guys have a problem with Rock using a "weak" move to finish off Punk, but you guys don't have a problem with a vanilla midget who doesn't have a visible muscle in his entire body "beating up" The fucking Rock? A man who could probably chuck Punk half a mile in his sleep. :george:
Okay.

Let's think about Punks reign for a second. 400+ Days, and we all know that Cena is going to win at mania against the Rock. In my eyes, that is the longest transitional championship reign of all time. It never felt like it was CM Punks title to me. In retrospect, that Respect talk was justified lol

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Leo C said:
My problem isn't particularly Punk losing. I couldn't care less if he lost the belt in any of his other defenses (well, except if he dropped it to Kane, Show and Ryback yeah but that's another story), I just don't like the idea of Rock winning. But it's just my particular opinion is a viewer and always will be, I'm aware he'll sell and what not. I know that given the situation it was the smarter decision. Not really smart when you consider long term, I'll laugh in a few years when they're out of stars because they missed the boat to build any, but anyway, I digress. Rock is still a part timer, his main things are his movies these days, he doesn't work house shows (unlike Jericho), probably won't wrestle on Raw at all, and since I didn't watch him in his prime he doesn't appeal to me as he does to most people. Of course, I'll give him the fact that when he isn't spewing out endless catchphrases or making 10-year old jokes (which, again, in my opinion, aren't funnier than if Cena was telling them for example) his promos are excellent. But not only that, besides the fact that I probably won't enjoy his reign just because it's Rock with the belt in 2013, I'm almost sure he'll feud with Cena and only Cena. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that we may see a Triple Threat feud including Punk, and I really, really hope that's the case because I can't take another Cena/Rock being shoved down my throat hard like last year (and the thought that there may be a third one, urgh), but even though I still dislike that Rock is holding the belt. And all of this just so they can pop another buyrate and put the strap on Cena. Is it the smarter decision at this time? Yes. Do I, particularly, like it? No.

^this.