[Spoiler] Royal Rumble WWE Championship Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
deth said:
Also lol at people saying shit like "OH NOEZ PUNK LOST TO SUCH A WEAK AND SHITTY MOVE!!!" :pity1:
"TOTEZ NOT BELIEVABLE AND UNREALISTIC MAN"

So you guys have a problem with Rock using a "weak" move to finish off Punk, but you guys don't have a problem with a vanilla midget who doesn't have a visible muscle in his entire body "beating up" The fucking Rock? A man who could probably chuck Punk half a mile in his sleep. :george:
Okay.

I say to them that they must have never watched The Rock in his prime, when he was putting jabronis out with that move every night. Sure, usually he would do the Rock Bottom first, but it's not like Punk tapped to the sharp shooter lulz

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
im 50/50 on it on one hand i like seeing rock as champ but on the other hand i see it as a missed opportunity to put someone else over making them a main eventer

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Danielson said:
I say to them that they must have never watched The Rock in his prime, when he was putting jabronis out with that move every night. Sure, usually he would do the Rock Bottom first, but it's not like Punk tapped to the sharp shooter lulz

I hope you aren't mocking Rocky's amazing sharpshooter? :pity2:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Naw sticking to TNA, maybe NXT as well. I guess I should wrestle two times for about 7 years and demand a title shot next time I see a WWE event in San Diego, I mean it works for The Rock.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
If it hadn't been Rock, it would have just been Cena or Undertaker. Cena is ending up with the WWE Title around his waist soon enough regardless, and we knew we were getting Cena/Rock again as well, title or non-title. Might as well make their second encounter for the belt, in order to differ it from their first. Undertaker winning the belt would have been worse than the Rock, considering he would have either vacated it the next night (way to respect Punk's historical reign there, beating it but then saying "hmm, I don't really want the belt, here, you all can fight over it, I'm going back to retirement."), or lost it the following month at Extreme Rules or some shit. At least Rock winning it again is surreal, considering it's a sight that no one ever thought they'd see.

As far as Cena/Rock II... Can't say I'm looking forward to it more than most everyone else (on the internet, that is) but you can't really blame the WWE for pulling the trigger on a rematch that was so successful the first time around. How many huge matches in WWE history have not had at least one rematch? Very few. Everyone should have known this match was coming even before WM28, and that it was gonna be for the belt the second Rock announced the next night that he was returning to win the title again.

It also closes out the whole Mania trilogy of Cena and The Rock rather nicely - Rock costs Cena the belt at WM27, then beats Cena at WM28, but Cena returns the favor by both defeating The Rock and taking the WWE Title from him in the process (the same belt Rock cost him two years prior) at WM29. (It also puts dent in the 'Superman' armor that Cena has been accused of having, by showing he CAN lose a big match that he is sure he will win, and has to come extra hard in order to defeat said opponent.) In the process, Cena gets to go down in history as the last ever guy who beats The Rock for the WWE Title, just like Punk also gets the honor being the last ever guy the Rock ever defeated for the belt, which is an 'accomplishment' in itself.

Punk fans should really rejoice - they never thought he'd not only get such a long reign, but as someone on another forum pointed out, if you said 5 years ago that Rock would return to the WWE and Punk would be only one of two different one-on-one opponents that Rock would face, everyone would have likely laughed and laughed hard. But now it's become a reality. And now Punk's even likely to get a Wrestlemania match with the Undertaker, which is an honor as well at this point, considering Taker only faces established main eventers (Batista, Edge, HBK and HHH twice.)

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Leo C said:
My problem isn't particularly Punk losing. I couldn't care less if he lost the belt in any of his other defenses (well, except if he dropped it to Kane, Show and Ryback yeah but that's another story), I just don't like the idea of Rock winning. But it's just my particular opinion is a viewer and always will be, I'm aware he'll sell and what not. I know that given the situation it was the smarter decision. Not really smart when you consider long term, I'll laugh in a few years when they're out of stars because they missed the boat to build any, but anyway, I digress. Rock is still a part timer, his main things are his movies these days, he doesn't work house shows (unlike Jericho), probably won't wrestle on Raw at all, and since I didn't watch him in his prime he doesn't appeal to me as he does to most people. Of course, I'll give him the fact that when he isn't spewing out endless catchphrases or making 10-year old jokes (which, again, in my opinion, aren't funnier than if Cena was telling them for example) his promos are excellent. But not only that, besides the fact that I probably won't enjoy his reign just because it's Rock with the belt in 2013, I'm almost sure he'll feud with Cena and only Cena. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that we may see a Triple Threat feud including Punk, and I really, really hope that's the case because I can't take another Cena/Rock being shoved down my throat hard like last year (and the thought that there may be a third one, urgh), but even though I still dislike that Rock is holding the belt. And all of this just so they can pop another buyrate and put the strap on Cena. Is it the smarter decision at this time? Yes. Do I, particularly, like it? No.

This pretty much sums it up for me, and I'm a Punk fan.

Maybe it's just me since I didn't watch back in the day, but to me giving Rock the title is just pointless. So what, he'll hold it for a little bit then give it to Cena before he leaves again? Aside from nostalgia for those who watched back then, it seems pointless to me. (Business-wise, yeah, he'll sell and get buyrates, yadda yadda, I'm sure. But wrestling-wise, it seems pointless to me aside from the nostalgic aspect.)