Speculation on Hulk Hogan's WWE Status After Merchandise and More Removed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Honestly, why couldn't it be someone like Cena or Triple H that were caught saying racist shit on tape instead?

I'd imagine it was because they didn't say something racist like that on tape and Hogan did (and that's not me calling him racist, I am talking about the statement) .

Honestly though, you'd think a Hulk Hogan sex tape would be the safest place to say something you never want anyone to hear because... well... it should be obvious.

And no disrespect to my black friends (I actually have black ancestry myself) but the thing that disturbed me most was: A Hulk Hogan sex tape. I'm sure I'd heard about it before and blocked it's existence from my mind, but *shudder*

I can just see it now :

Hulk: How are you liking that, brother?

Woman: Don't call me brother, I'm a girl.

Hulk: Sorry about that, Jack!

Woman: Are you about done?

Hulk: Whatcha gonna do when... damn it, I wanted to finish asking the question first...

Woman: Sigh.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Hulk: How are you liking that, brother?

Woman: Don't call me brother, I'm a girl.

Hulk: Sorry about that, Jack!

Woman: Are you about done?

Hulk: Whatcha gonna do when... damn it, I wanted to finish asking the question first...

Woman: Sigh.

Jesus Christ. lmao

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I do just want to say, the entire "that's not me" defense is often used when people who are closely associated with a character say something that is ostensibly in-character which they wouldn't say themselves if they were out of character.

I'm not saying this to suggest that Hogan isn't full of shit, that he doesn't believe what he said, or that he didn't mean what he said. I'm just pointing out the thought process behind that sort of statement.

On the other hand, lots of people who've worked in every industry have been racist or sexist biggots. The "Benoit treatment" is what doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'm not the one who runs the WWE.

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Especially since WWE's track record with race isn't anywhere near flawless. How long ago was it that the New Day was just a gospel choir?

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I hate Hogan, all furcoat and no knickers

But let him say what he wants. If he wants to say these things, let him. At the end of the day, lets not be self rightious.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Especially since WWE's track record with race isn't anywhere near flawless. How long ago was it that the New Day was just a gospel choir?

Well...if you're going to have a group of black guys who are in a stable together, they've either got to be a gospel choir, a group of militant "Nation of Islam"-style members, or a couple of "gangstas" who constantly steal things.

:eek:hyeah:

wk

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I hate Hogan, all furcoat and no knickers

But let him say what he wants. If he wants to say these things, let him. At the end of the day, lets not be self rightious.

In all seriousness, he has the right to say what he wants.

And WWE, as his employer, has the right to distance themselves how they want to from his comments.

Nobody is arguing his right to have (or express) his opinions, but WWE is a business that is trying to make money. If they think something might cause them to not make money, they will do what it takes to stop that.

wk

Stopspot

Reaction score
Let's not forget Vince's treatment of the Asians....INDEED

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
And we've got two guys of a Latino heritage (I know, they're Puerto Rican, but everybody in American thinks they're Mexican), so we'll make them....bullfighters!!!!

wk

Stopspot

Reaction score
Which is mainly connected with Spain (although there is bullfighting in Mexico as well). So Vince isn't even getting his stereotypes right

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He'll either do the good ol' ''muh twittah was hacked'' ''it wasn't me it was my friend'' or ''I was drunk'' bullshit or start rambling about ''muh freedums of speech brother'' ''dis is a free country''
im-sorry-i-thought-this-was-america-randy-marsh-south-park.jpeg

Reactions: Solidus1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

And naming Dusty Rhodes' black female manager "Sapphire" was blatantly bad race wise.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
He'll be back in WWE again once all this blows over. Hogan is a legend, the biggest name in history. WWE is just doing damage control right now, since this is a hot topic they want to distance themselves from him for the time being.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
You can't erase a guy like Hogan from history. You can barely get away with erasing Benoit. Without Hogan's name in the books, how the hell does anything make sense? And besides, the man can be a racist in his own home, shouldn't lead to him being completely removed from human history. That being said his name is his brand and if his name is associated with racism, well, that's on him.