Speculation on Abyss's return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gashface

Reaction score
So I know it's not been -that- long since Abyss walked out of the impact zone, but I just watched an old impact and it got me thinking to when Abyss might return and how. Even though he's just another monster, I do have a special place in my heart for Abyss - and his entrance music kicks ass! I do think his monster gimmick was getting a little old, but at the same time I like him masked.

So how, and when do you think Abyss may return? Do you think he will simply return as himself (masked or unmasked) or as a new character? I knew there was some rumours of him returning as Chris Parks.. I would personally love to see Abyss return, possibly unmasked... as long as they do something interesting with his appearence and give him a new gimmick... he can still be threatening but he doesn't always have to be involved in the dark secret type storylines.

So what do you think?

jackmcmanus21

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to his return as well...one of the better big men in wrestling IMO

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
So I know it's not been -that- long since Abyss walked out of the impact zone

You do know that it will be 3 months on May 14th since Abyss was last seen on TV, right? That's a pretty long (non-injury related) absent for one of TNA's "biggest named" wrestler.

1chiban

Reaction score
He's heading for the WWE if you ask me ;)

chessarmy

People, have you seen the matches that he had to wrestle in before he took this break? At every PPV he was getting bloodied, and basically all his matches were no DQ. The guy needs rest and I'm glad he is getting this time to heal. He will probably come back as Chris Parks and I think he'll talk alot more since he doesnt have the monster gimmick. Hopefully TNA keeps his theme song, its pretty awesome

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I'm not lloking forward to him coming back with this Chris Parks gimmick really at all. I can hope that he comes back as an angry killer heel, who is driven by the fact that he has lost his mask.

The Ripper

Reaction score
I dont think they will bring him back without his mask, they were going to do that to tie in with his Mitchell storyline and now they have gone TNA creative might of changed there minds.

I am not looking forward to them bringing him back because there cant be anyway they can make out as if it isn't abyss. And as Abyss people have seen him in that many brutal matches there is no way they can just change that.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
I remember reading they have plans for him to return unmasked under his real name Chris Parks or somethin'. Should be pretty decent

Qwake

It would be weird if he came back with his mask since like, he took it off and dropped it and walked off coming back with it would be stupid. Abyss is my favourite big man so I hope he comes back with a big push and even faces Samoa Joe for the title. I think he should come back in another month or 2, I don't have a clue of how they will bring him back though.