• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sonya Deville arrested on firearm charge

Dale

Super Moderator
As noted, TMZ Sports reported that Deville was arrested on Sunday, February 19 in Atlantic City, NJ for having a firearm in her vehicle without a proper permit in the state. Court records show that a valet found the gun in the glove box of the car Deville was driving, then the hotel then called police, and Deville was arrested. She was charged with second degree unlawful weapon possession – handgun without permit. Deville began carrying the weapon, her Second Amendment right, in 2020 after the home invasion and attempted kidnapping at her home in Florida. The gun she was arrested for was registered in Florida, but not New Jersey.

In an update, a new report from PWInsider notes that Deville was in Atlantic City to celebrate her recent engagement, according to multiple sources, when she picked up her car from the valet. The attendant went into the glove compartment to double-check the ownership of the vehicle as they did not have the valet ticket, and that’s when they saw the gun, then called police

It was noted that Deville never carried the firearm inside any buildings as it was left in her car at all times.

Word from within WWE is that Deville does not have any heat with officials over the incident. The company realizes why Deville would want to protect herself following the stalker that committed a home invasion and attempted kidnapping in 2020.

Furthermore, it was reported by Fightful that Deville is in the process of trying to get the charge dismissed.

Deville is scheduled to be in an Atlantic County courtroom for a hearing on the matter later this month.​

John McHenry

John McHenry
I get her reasoning for having it. And I find it odd that you have to register a gun in every state you take it into (figured it be like a Drivers License) My only complaint is why wasn't it in some sort of Lock box ( To which it could be a rental car but I'd still have it in something)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I get her reasoning for having it. And I find it odd that you have to register a gun in every state you take it into (figured it be like a Drivers License) My only complaint is why wasn't it in some sort of Lock box ( To which it could be a rental car but I'd still have it in something)
that would require federal gun laws, and if you could take it anywhere, it would neuter the states with strict gun laws. thats the price you guys pay for having no federal gun safety laws