• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty One

The Shield had been beat down by The New Day, Luke and Erick. They all took a beating, but Roman took most of the punishment, but he still refused medical attention. When he woke up he realized that they had Melody and despite being in pain he got up and made his way to the backstage area leaving Dean and Seth behind. It wasn't the best idea to take off alone, but he didn't care. The only thing he cared about was finding Melody before something happened to her. The last time Bray had Melody not only did he kiss her, but he also hit her and threatened to burn her. Roman tried not to think about what Bray could do to her, but as each second went by the more worried he got. Dean and Seth came backstage and saw Roman freaking out. Roman was beyond angry at this point, it seemed like there was nothing he could to keep Bray away from Melody. He started flipping tables and throwing things. Dean and Seth came up to him and tried to calm him down.

"Roman Bro calm down!"

"Don't tell me to calm down Dean, you know it only pisses me off more! Every time... Every Fucking time Melody is here Bray finds a way to take her from me... He always manages to do something to get to her, then he does something either physical, or mental to her. Either way she is never the same... She ended up getting hurt, she's supposed to feel safe with me, but I can't even protect her. What the Hell am I supposed to do?!"

Seth looked over at Dean.

"We let our Lunatic think of something... We'll fight crazy with crazy just like last time."

"Yeah... Leave it to me Roman... This time I don't think we're going to get in his head so this time we're bringing out the big guns. We're going to find them and kick their asses."

They were interrupted when one of the tvs backstage cut to Bray in his promo location. They turned their attention to the screen and saw Luke and Erick sitting in chairs and at first Bray had his back turned to the camera. He wasn't in his normal promo location. He was in what looked like a basement area. There was a fireplace area and it looked like he was trying to heat up some kind of metal. Bray turned around and showed everyone what he had in his hand. It was a branding iron, something some farmers used to mark their livestock. He started speaking.

"Luke, Erick... I think you know why you're here. To prove your loyalty to me, and to be called my brothers you must receive the mark of brotherhood... The mark of family."

This branding iron just happened to in the shape of a buzzard, the same symbol on Bray's fedora. Luke and Erick were quiet and stayed still. The Shield thought for sure that Luke and Erick would object to this but were surprised and watched in horror as Erick went through with it. As the branding iron made contact with his skin he closed his eyes balled his hands into a fist and did everything he could not to cry out in pain. Once the metal was removed everyone could see the buzzard symbol almost like a tattoo on Erick's forehead. It was a permanent reminder that Erick was a brother to Bray. Bray smiled at this and then looked to Luke and Melody. Melody was now awake and aware of what was going on. She could smell the burning flesh from Erick's forehead. Her mouth was taped so no one really heard her scream, but everyone could see the look of terror on her face. Bray spoke again.

"I'm so proud of you Erick. You have shown me great loyalty by taking the mark of family. You are my brother. I had to do this a symbol. I mark what is mine. Melody... My Beloved, beautiful, dear sweet Melody. Soon you will have this mark and then everyone will know who you really belong to... You belong to me. You're mine. Patience Melody... First I need to reheat this and mark our other brother."

Luke had his left arm ready for this as Bray went to reheat the branding iron. After The Shield witnessed Erick follow through with it they realized that they needed to find Melody before Bray. Dean picked up something and handed it to Seth and then picked up something for himself before he handed something to Roman. Roman noticed that Seth had a chair, Dean had a kendo stick and he was holding out ba chair and kendo stick to Roman.

"Here... What's your weapon of choice? Seth prefers a chair and I prefer a kendo stick. I have a chair and kendo stick for you if you want both."

"I don't need that. My weapon of choice is my hands and feet. Bray thinks he's going to mark Melody as his... Oh Hell No! I'm going to mark Bray when I stick my foot up his ass!"

They finally found out where Bray was and started making their way there. Meanwhile everyone was watching in the audience Bray was making his way to Luke.

"Luke... It's time."

Luke rolled up his left sleeve eager for the mark.

"Do it."

Bray smiled at this and put the branding iron on Luke's left shoulder. Luke only closed his eyes. Erick looked like he was still slightly in pain, but Luke looked stronger and it looked like he wasn't in pain at all. Now the smell of Luke's burning flesh filled the room.

"Another loyal brother. You are strong... You showed no fear and no pain."

He looked over at Melody and smiled. She was terrified. She was tied to a chair, she felt the pain from her broken foot and all the scrapes she had from falling down the stairs. She knew there was no getting out of this, Luke and Erick were just as crazy as Bray and they weren't going to stop him. She was terrified and felt so helpless, she put her head down as tears started streaming down her face. To make matters worse Bray saw this and laughed at this. He put the branding iron down for a minute to reheat it again. He walked over to Melody with a smile on his face tilted her head up and forced her to look at him. He got down on his knees so that he was eye level with her, he moved some of the hair out of her face.

"Aw... Don't worry Melody, it will only hurt a little. I can see it... You're crying tears of joy for me. You can't for the mark... A permanent reminder that you belong to me."

Bray removed the tape from her mouth.

"Your beauty... It amazes me Melody. I couldn't wait another another minute... I just had to feel your lips against mine."

Melody couldn't do anything but continue to cry as Bray kisses her. Once he stopped she could finally say something.

"Please... Stop."

Bray only ignored her and started asking her questions.

"Where have you been these last few months? I've missed seeing you. What have you been doing?"

Melody stayed quiet so Bray pulled her head back by her hair and repeated the question, only this time his voice seemed darker.

"I don't like repeating myself... Answer me!... What have you been doing?"

Melody was quiet for a second, but his grip on her hair only got tighter so she finally answered him.

"Teaching music... At an elementary school."

Bray didn't seem happy about this.

"This will have to change... You're not going to do this anymore... I never really liked teachers... I had a mean teacher that thought that she was better than me, she thought I would never do anything with my life, but now... I can look back and laugh at her because I proved her wrong... So yeah... Melody, this teaching thing your doing, it's going to stop... Right now. I guess tomorrow... The little kiddies at your school will have to have someone else teach them."

Suddenly instead of being sad and afraid she became angry.

"This is my life! All you want is control over me. You can try all you want... But you don't own me... You will never own me! You call me your beloved... If I'm your beloved like you claim, wouldn't you want me to be happy? Why won't you let me go?... I don't love you, and I never will."

Bray only slaps her in the face to get her to be quiet and put the tape back on her mouth.

"You don't mean that... You're just confused... You've been with Roman too long. You know you love me, why would you lie and say that you don't or never will? You already love me and you always will. Why are you trying to deny how you feel? It is our destiny to be together forever, and once I mark you as mine... We will be together forever."

Bray went back to the branding iron and Melody had that feeling of terror and helplessness return. Bray looked at the branding iron and wanted it to heat up for at least another minute. This was a mistake because suddenly the door is kicked down and The Shield charged at The Wyatts. Roman grabbed Bray and threw him up against a wall and beat him down while Dean and Seth got a little bit of payback on Luke and Erick by attacking them with the kendo stick and chair. After about a minute The Wyatts were all on the ground. Roman beat Bray and ripped the shirt off his back. He noticed the buzzard mark on Erick's head and on Luke's arm. He didn't have the chance to mark Melody, Roman still felt like he needed to release some steam. He had Bray's back exposed and he grabbed the branding iron. He could hear the reaction from the WWE universe. Roman pressed it on Bray's back and Bray let out a shout of pain. Roman watched as the smoke from the branding iron cleared. He then noticed the buzzard symbol quickly change from red to black. He threw the branding iron on the the ground and stormed off away from Bray. He seemed to calm down when he noticed Melody. He went over and took the tape off her mouth and untied her. He helped her up and noticed that she couldn't stand so he put a hand behind her back and another hand behind her knees and carried her out of the room. Seth looked back to make sure The Wyatts didn't follow them and then he left with Roman. Dean stayed back and started laughing at Bray.

"What's the matter Bray? Luke and Erick didn't scream in pain... Those guys are tougher than you are. It hurt like hell didn't it? Maybe that will teach you not to mess with The Shield's girls. You marked Luke and Erick. It looks kind of cool on Luke, but Erick, you look like an idiot. Just think... You have to live with that mark forever now. Bray you tried to mark Melody, but instead Roman marked you as his Bitch!"

Dean smirked at them and finally left the room. Bray was still rolling around on the ground in pain. Dean just added insult to injury. It worked because Bray decided then that he was going to stop going after Melody. He didn't think she was worth the pain and humiliation. He realized that the original Abigail left him and wasn't going to come back. He also realized that he would never get an Abigail replacement out of any of The Shield's girls. Finally after this beating and humiliation he decided to look for someone else to be his Abigail replacement. The Shield took Melody to a WWE doctor and the doctor didn't have to do much of anything since Bray took care of stitching her up, but he couldn't do anything about Melody's broken ankle and foot. He told them she would have to get a cast for her foot and that she would probably have a hard time walking for a while after it came off. Roman felt guilty, if Melody wasn't here, this wouldn't have happened. Dean and Seth were ready to go and they grabbed their stuff. Dean had to grab Roman's stuff since Roman had to carry Melody to the car. Seth decided to drive and Dean sat in the front in the passenger seat. Roman wrapped his arms around her and Melody leaned on Roman's shoulder like a pillow. They hadn't said much since he found her. Melody tilted her head up to look at him and finally broke the silence.

"Roman?"

"Yes Melody?"

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine... I'm not hurting that bad anymore... I was worried about you. I saw you fall down the stairs. I feel like this happens way too much, I'm always having to apologize to you for what Bray did. I don't think you imagined your night like this."

"You shouldn't blame yourself... You guys were attacked by The Wyatts and The New Day. You guys were out numbered. You can't blame yourself for this. You showed up when it mattered, you stopped Bray from hurting me. I'm just glad you decided to show up to save me... I would have thought that you would get tired of saving me. That's what you've been doing ever since we met. I've lost count on how many times you've had to save me... No matter how hard I try... I can't seem to stay out of trouble."

Seth interrupted them.

"You're Lois Lane."

"What?"

"Well some people call Roman Superman... You keep getting into trouble, Lois Lane always gets into trouble and Superman always has to save her."

"Yeah, but Superman doesn't mind saving people."

Roman gently started rubbing her shouldered.

"You think I would stop saving you?"

"Well... I get tired of getting in trouble, I would think you would get tired of saving me."

"I don't mind. I'm not going to stop saving you and I'm not going to get tired of it. I'm not going to get tired of you... I want you in my life. Do you remember when you were in the hospital the first week we met?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you remember me telling you that I would be a friend to talk to, or a shoulder to cry on, or a body guard that would protect you?"

"I think I do remember that... But I don't remember you saying anything that day about being my boyfriend."

Melody looked up at him and smiled at him, he smiled back at her.

"No I didn't say that... We had to work our way up to that, but I do remember saying that I would be whatever you wanted me to be."

Roman kissed Melody's head and she blushed.

"Oh yeah... You did say that."

Melody got her cast and was on her way home. She was sad because she knew Roman would have to leave in a few days. They would still be in Florida for a show in Miami, but after that it would be a while before she would see him again. They would have to go back to video chatting. Melody said that she still wanted to go to school the next day.

"Are you sure you want to go to school tomorrow? It's late and you've been through a lot. You can take one day off."

"I could, but this is what I've always wanted... I've always wanted a job teaching music. I'm still going tomorrow."

"Ok... But after tonight you probably don't want to go to Miami tomorrow do you?"

"Yes I do... If I don't then I won't get to see you before you have to leave."

Dean interrupted them.

"Oh I don't think Bray will be a problem."

"How do you know?"

"Mel... I think you forgot that I'm crazier than Bray... Bray is not going to be a problem... Sometimes you just know these things."

Melody was going to stay at Roman's house as long as he was in Pensacola. She still wouldn't feel right staying at his house if he wasn't there. When they finally got to Roman's house he had to carry her to his room. They could finally talk alone, Melody had something on her mind.

"Roman... Could we talk?"

"Sure, what's on your mind?"

"It feels like you just got here and after tomorrow, you'll be gone again. It always feels like our time together flys by while our time apart seems so long. Video chatting is nice, but I miss your touch, your kiss. It's still hard for me to go to sleep sometimes, especially on Mondays, Thursdays, and pay per view Sundays. I have to hold onto the bear you got me to go to sleep."

"I have a hard time going to sleep too... I always have to hold onto a pillow and imagine it as you. It's not the same."

"What I mean is it really sucks when you're not here and I can't kiss you or have you hold me."

"I'm here now... We should fix that."

Melody smiled at this and let him hold her in his arms as they kissed. They shared a few kisses for a few minutes until something came to Roman's mind.

"Melody... I know this may seem random, but I wanted to ask you something."

"Ok."

"One thing you haven't talked about is kids... You're a teacher, but have you ever thought about having kids of your own?"

Melody was quiet for a moment, she didn't think Roman would ask her that.

"I have thought about it, but I've always been afraid for a number of reasons."

"Why?"

"I guess the first thing I would be afraid of is childbirth itself... It would be very painful... I guess for the same reason why I was afraid of falling in love. I don't want to end up heart broken. Then I would be afraid of ending up like my mom I guess... I don't want to end up bitter and alone, a single parent, or growing up with kids that hate me."

"If you had kids, they wouldn't hate you, you're great with kids from what I saw on your birthday. Those kids love you, if you had kids of your own, you would be fun to be around... You would make a great mom Melody, your kids would love you."

Melody smiled at this.

"You really think so?"

"I know you would... If you had the choice, would ever want to have kids of your own?"

"Yeah... I think I would at some point... A boy or girl wouldn't matter to me, but I would want to wait a while before I even think about having kids... I'm still trying to figure out my own life. How can I take care of a kid if I can't even take care of myself?"

"Moms tend to find a way to do things... You are taking care of yourself if you really think about it, you have your own place... Even though you can stay here... And you have a job. You're doing great on your own."

"Well... What about Roman? What would you think about having kids of your own? You seem to have fun sometimes with kids in the crowds."

"I would love to have kids of my own. If I had a boy I would teach him how to play football and how to wrestle, but most of all he would have manners and respect women. If I had a girl I would protect her, she would be a daddy's girl, but I would want her to grow up as beautiful as her mom. Then of course when she hits that certain age, I may have to kick a few boys asses if they don't respect her or break her crowd. But yeah... Someday down the line I would love to have kids of my own."

"Aw... You would make a great dad Roman."

"I don't know about that... I look up to my dad, but I won't ever be like him no matter how hard I try."

"It's ok... You don't have to be like him... There's no such thing as perfect parents, and I learned that there is no such thing as a perfect relationship, people make mistakes, but if the relationship is strong enough it will last. The problem these days with marriages is that couple fight over the silliest things. They're so busy working trying to take care of their families and they end up stressed and forget the most important part of a relationship... Communication."

"I agree."

Melody looked over at the clock and realized that it was one in the morning.

"Oh wow... It's one in the morning. I have to get up at seven."

"Ok... Sorry I've been keeping you awake."

"It's ok, I've went to bed later than this. I'm glad we had time to talk."

"Me too."

"I don't think I'm have any trouble sleeping tonight with you here."

"Me either."

Roman held her in his arms and kissed her again.

"I love you Melody."

Melody lay her head on his chest as a pillow and smiled at him.

"I love you too Roman."

After about thirty minutes they were both sleeping happily and peacefully. Melody used Roman's chest as a pillow and listened to his heart as she fell asleep. Roman held her close to protect her and fell asleep smelling her favorite green apple shampoo, his favorite thing to fall asleep to.

(To be continued. Thanks for reading. Review.)

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Two

The next day Melody woke earlier than normal because of the pain she felt in her broken foot. She was still going to go to school because this is the job she's always wanted and she wasn't going to let a broken foot stop her from doing her dream job. The kids would probably ask her what happened, she didn't have to tell them everything that happened. When Roman woke up he wanted to help her.

"Good morning Melody."

"Good morning Roman."

"How are you feeling?"

"Well... My foot hurts like hell, but other than that I'm fine. How about you?"

"I'm fine... So you said you wanted to go to school today and the Miami show later."

"Yeah I'm still going to school. You guys took care of Bray so I think I'll be ok to come."

"So... The doctor gave you a cast and crutches..."

"Yeah, I've actually never broke a bone before so I'm going to have to get used to getting around with crutches. I tried it out last night, it's like hopping around on one foot, It hurt having to put all my weight on the crutches, all of the pressure went to my foot."

"I could get you a wheelchair to use. Some of my family members had medical problems and had to use a wheelchair, they don't need it anymore. I still have it if you want to use it, I think it would be a little easier on you. Would you like to use that instead?"

Melody smiled and put the crutches away.

"Yes, please."

Roman smiled at her and kissed her head.

"Ok, I'll go get it."

Roman had a storage building and after five minutes he had the wheelchair out. Since it was in his storage building he had to clean all of the dirt and spider webs off it. Once it was all cleaned off he helped Melody up and helped her into the wheel chair. There was a foot petal that could be adjusted so she could prop her foot up. Roman had a few extra pillows so he gave her one to support her back. Roman had to move her foot so he could adjust the foot petal so she could prop her foot up to take some of the pressure off of it. There was just enough room for a small pillow for her foot. He put the pillow up and knew that he had to be careful with her broken foot.

"There... How is that Melody."

Melody felt the softness of the pillows and smiled at him.

"Better... Thank you Roman."

"No problem."

Melody got ready for the day and once she was ready Roman took her to the school and even pushed her wheelchair into the classroom. They were still early so Stephanie wasn't there yet. Once they got to the classroom Roman stood behind Melody and started rubbing her shoulders. She leaned her back against him and tilted her head back so she could look up at him. Her smile met his and he crouched down and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you for your help Roman, you've really made this a lot easier on me."

"Good, I'm glad I was able to help."

Their moment was interrupted when a few kids came into the room. Sometimes kids would come in before the bell rang.

"Well I guess it's time to start the day."

"Ok... I guess I'll go then. I'll be back at the end of the day to pick you up."

"Ok... I love you."

"I love you too."

They share a quick kiss before he left. There were three kids in the room, one boy and two girls. They were about nine so they were in third grade, the boy made a face and said ew while the two girls giggled. Once Roman left one of the girls came up to her and started asking.

"Good morning Ms. Melody... What happened to your foot?"

"I had a little accident... I fell down a bunch of stairs and ended up breaking it, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't going to show up."

"Oh... I'm sorry. I hope your foot gets better soon."

"Thank you, me too. Once I get my cast off it will probably take me a while to get used to walking again."

"So Ms. Melody, are you married? Was that your husband?"

Melody only smiled.

"No... He's not my husband. I'm not married."

"So, he's your boyfriend."

"Yes."

"He seems really nice... Do you want him to marry you and do you want to be a mom someday?"

Melody smiled at the thought of being married to him and being a mom.

"Yeah maybe someday..."

Later once the day started it seemed like one student asked her what happened to her foot. It warmed her heart that the kids were concerned about her and wanted her to get better soon. A few kids actually knew because they were WWE fans and saw her with Roman on tv. They wanted to know if she was ok. Roman was right, these kids did love her, it made her think twice about having kids, maybe she would make a good mom. Once the day was over, Roman picked her up like he promised and they went to Miami for Smackdown. There were no incidents with Bray and other than a few people recognizing her there were no problems. Roman and Melody were both sad when he had to leave again, Roman wanted to be there for her, especially since she was hurt. Once he left it was back to video chatting.

Three months went by and Melody was up and moving again, she was back in her apartment when Roman was gone. Video chatting was nice but she missed him holding her and kissing her. Before Melody took the teaching job they were close, almost inseparable. Even though they video chatted they would always say how much they miss each other. You would have thought that time apart would mess up their relationship, but that wasn't the case in their relationship. If they were together all the time, there could have been moments that they needed their space, but since they were far apart and they were longing to be together, the time apart was actually a good thing and strengthened their relationship even more. Everything seemed to be going very well for Melody at the school, it was December and Roman would be home in a few weeks for Christmas.

Once Melody was used to Pensacola she decided to join a church. She would need someone to talk to while Roman was on the road. She made a few friends within the church, when she got comfortable around them she told them her story. She was still fairly new to Pensacola, but the people didn't judge her for working at a bar. This was all part of Melody's past and they had all done things they wish they hadn't done. They understood Melody's situation and welcomed her into the church with open arms. Life for Melody seemed to be going great, but all of that was about to change...

Melody didn't exactly live on a safe part of town, it didn't happen a lot, but recently there were more crimes. Most of the reports were for break-ins, but Melody heard something in the news about a woman being raped and murdered not far from where she lived. There was a neighborhood watch and people were told to call the police, there was a man on the run. They were told to watch out for a middle aged man that was overweight, over six foot tall, a scar under his right eye, a tattoo of a gun on his left shoulder, and a tattoo of the devil on his right arm. This guy was running around Melody's neighborhood because he was looking for somewhere to hide from the police, but he was also looking for his next victim. Someone called the police because they recognized him and now he was running because he heard police sirens somewhere near him. He was looking around the apartments, most of them were married couples with kids who had strong looking dads that would fight him off.

Finally he looked into a window and saw Melody laying on her couch watching tv, he didn't know if there was a guy in the apartment with her, but he knew he had to hide before the police showed up. Melody had actually fallen asleep while watching tv so she was startled when she heard a loud banging noise. She turned the lamp on and got up to see who was at the door. She was in the middle of the hallway when the guy kicked her door in before quickly locking it. Melody took one look at the guy and realized that it was the guy the police were after. She quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan, she held it up and was ready to use it.

"Get out of my apartment!"

They were actually a good distance away, this was what she wanted, but he started making his way over to her.

"Get away from me! Don't touch me! I swear I'll hit you with this!"

The guy then pulled out a gun, he didn't have any bullets, but he wanted her to cooperate so he had to make her think he was going to shoot her. He also had a pocketknife so he was ready to use that if necessary. Melody saw his gun and knew that things were not going to end well. She thought about throwing the frying pan at him, but guns were quicker, and what if she missed? She still held the frying pan in front of her, but her knees were shaking. The man finally spoke to her.

"Put it down right now or I'll blow your brains out."

Melody was slow to move, but put the pan down on the table. She started backing up to try to get away from him but he kept the gun pointed at her.

"You don't seem to get it... If you run, I'll kill you... I don't want to do that...You're a fine looking piece of meat... If you try to run or scream I'll kill you right now. I have to hide from the police, but I'd like to have fun while doing it."

The man kept his gun pointed at Melody with one hand and unbuckled his belt with his other hand.

"Alright girl, lets see that body of yours."

Melody kept backing away from him.

"No... Get away from me! The cops are on their way!"

She didn't know this for sure, but she hoped they were on their way.

"Look girl, either I can shoot you now, or I can have my way with you then shoot you. Either way... I'm going to kill you."

Melody was terrified and decided to run. He locked the front door so maybe she could make it to the back door before he shot her. Melody took off running, but he wasn't far behind. He didn't shoot her like she thought, he dropped the gun and she realized that the gun was empty. He must have known that she was going to run because he caught her and pushed her on the floor. He grabbed her and started beating her. She started screaming and crying, this only seemed to excite him more as she struggled against him. He hit her a few times in the face, then wrapped his hands around her neck and started choking her, this was to get her to stop struggling. He wanted her to know what was going on, he let her go for a minute so he could take his pants off. This allowed her enough time to get some air but she couldn't move because he was on top of her again.

He kept her quiet for a minute by kissing her. She kept struggling, crying and screaming, but he only held her down and ripped off her pants and shirt. Then he started touching her body, her crying and screaming was getting on his nerves so he hit her in the face, grabbed her neck and then put a knife against her neck.

"I will slice your fucking neck open right now if you don't shut the hell up!"

Melody stopped screaming, it would be pointless, and she knew there was no use in struggling so she gave up. He was going to kill her once he had his way with her. He still had the knife against her neck as he was getting ready to remove the rest of her clothes. She closed her eyes but the tears kept flowing, she didn't want to see what happened next. Right before anything else happened a bunch of cops kicked her back door open, saw the guy on top of her and shot the guy in the head killing him instantly. The knife dropped out of his hands and onto the floor. Melody screamed, his now dead body was lying on top of her. She thanked God that the cops showed up when they did, but they killed the guy right in front of her. His blood splattered all over her face. These cops didn't even try to arrest this guy, they must of had orders to shoot to kill. She pushed the dead body off of her and tried to cover herself, she was still scared and embarrassed. One of the officers came up to her.

"Are you ok Ma'am? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"N...No."

"What's your name?"

"Melody... Melody Shores."

"Well Melody I'm glad we got here when we did, some of the other women haven't been so lucky."

"How did you find me?"

"Well we were in the neighborhood because someone called and said that they saw him and then there were reports of screaming so it wasn't too hard from there. I need you to come with me to the police station so the rest of the guys can investigate. The is now a crime scene. You can stay at the police station for the night, you'll be safe there."

"Ok... But can I go change first?"

"Of course."

Melody went into her room to change. She was still in shock so her knees were shaking, came out and saw the other cops taking away the dead body. She went with one of the cops to the police station and he started talking to her again.

"I know this must really have you shook up, is there anyone you can talk to or have come to calm you down. It's times like this that you need family and friends to support you. Do you have anyone to talk to?"

"Yes."

She didn't know if she wanted Roman to know yet so she decided to call a few of her new friends from church. She told then where she was and that she would explain when they got there. When they got there and she told them what happened, they gave her a comforting hug. She decided to call her mom. She knew something was wrong because of the shakiness in her voice.

"Mom..."

"Melody, what's wrong?"

"I really needed someone to talk to."

"What's going on? Did your boyfriend break up with you?"

"No, but he's not here."

"What's wrong, why are you upset?"

"Because... I was almost raped again."

"What?!"

"I was in my apartment and this guy broke in and attacked me. I'm glad the cops showed up when they did, the guy didn't rape me, but that was because they killed him... The killed him right in front of me... It freaked me out."

"Well where was your boyfriend, he should've been there for you to stop this from happening."

"It's not his fault, Roman doesn't know about it yet... I haven't told him. He's a wrestler, he travels with WWE, it's very important to him... I can't expect him to come running to me every time something goes wrong... I'll just have to deal with this on my own."

"You don't have to... Do you want me to come see you?"

"No... It's a long drive, I just wanted to call you and let you know what happened and that I'm ok."

"Ok, thanks for letting me know, but I think Roman deserves to know too since he is your boyfriend... I think he has a right to know what goes on in your life, he would want to know that you're ok."

"You're right... I should tell him."

"Ok, I'll let you go so you can tell him, take care of yourself Melody... I love you."

"I love you too mom."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Melody hung up the phone. She thought Roman was busy so she decided to send him a text message.

"Please call me when you can... It's urgent." - Melody.

Roman actually wasn't really busy so he saw Melody's message and could respond back fairly quick. Melody was surprised to see him responding back so fast. There was a video chat request from him so she had to pull herself together. She was still a mess mentally and emotionally. It seemed like everything else she's been through didn't compare to this because she thought that all this was behind her, she thought she was safe. She accepted the video request but didn't look directly at the screen, she knew she had bruises on her neck and face, she didn't want him to see her like this. He didn't know what it was yet, but he knew something was wrong because usually she would look at him with a look of excitement in her eyes, but this time she didn't even look at him. Maybe she didn't know he was on the screen yet so he said something to her.

"Melody, can you hear me?"

She didn't look up, but she answered him.

"Yes I can hear you."

"What's going on? I got your message, you told me to call you and that it was urgent."

Melody knew that she was going to break down and she put her hand up to her face and wiped away the tears that had already begun to fall. Now Roman could tell that she was crying and got really concerned.

"Melody, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Melody finally looked up to face him and he saw the marks on her neck and face.

"I almost got raped again Roman... A guy broke into my apartment and attacked me. I was saved by a bunch of cops, I'm glad they showed up, but they killed the guy right in front of me... His blood got on me, but I've never seen anyone killed in real life before. I'm just... Really freaked out right now... I thought I was safe, I thought all of this was behind me."

Roman was shocked.

"I... I don't even know what to say right now... I'm so sorry. This shouldn't have happened. So the guy is dead... Did he rape you?"

"The guy is dead... He would have raped me if the cops didn't show up when they did. I just wanted to let you know what happened and that I'm ok... Physically anyway. I just have a few bruises, I didn't have to go the hospital. I just don't know what to do... I don't know if I'll ever be safe."

"Where are you right now?"

"At a police station... I don't want to go back to my apartment, they said I could stay here for the night, they said I would be safe here."

Melody was also slightly out of her want to be independent phase, she had a job and was making money.

"Do you still have the spare key that I gave you to my house?"

"Yes, but I wouldn't have felt right staying at your house without you there. Are you sure it's ok for me to stay there?"

"Yes... That's why I gave you a spare key... I wanted you to stay at my house, your my girlfriend... I want you in my life, I want you safe. You would be safe in my house. My home is your home. There are cops in the neighborhood, my neighborhood, we look out for each other. I know you want t do things on your own, but I don't want you going back to that apartment. I have to know that you're safe... Will you please stay at my house?"

Melody wiped away the last bit of her tears, it warmed her heart that Roman would really want her to stay at his house.

"Ok..."

"Good."

"Thank you Roman... I just really needed to talk to you and let you know what happened, and to let you know that I'm ok. I'll let you go now."

"Ok... Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah..."

Roman could tell that she really wasn't but let her go anyway.

"Ok... Take care of yourself Melody... I love you... So much. I'll see you soon ok?"

"Ok... I love you too Roman."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Melody ended the video chat. She talked to the police officer and told him that she would be moving. She asked him if he would take her back to her apartment to get her stuff. The police officer felt bad for her so he agreed to take her back. Once Melody was there, she new it was really late, she decided to write a letter to the person that rented her the apartment and put in money for this month's rent, thanked the person for letting her stay there and said in the letter that she would be moving out. She put this in an envelope and put it in the mailbox where she knew they would get it. There was police tape around her apartment, but she was told that she could go in to get her stuff since it wasn't much. The police officer was nice enough to wait for her and even help her with her stuff when she got to Roman's house. She got the key out of her pocket, took a breath and unlocked the door. She went in and put her things in Roman's room. She really wanted to thank the officer by paying him something, but he wouldn't take her money and told her that he was just doing his job. Melody was really tired, but at the same time she was afraid to go to sleep. She changed into a pair of pajamas, she would unpack things later. Even though she was still scared she knew she needed to get some sleep even though it was a Friday night. She had her eyes closed but couldn't sleep. Suddenly there were noises going on through the house. Roman told her that she should be safe at his house. There were footsteps in the house and Melody started getting scared, stayed quiet and pulled the covers up to her face. She kept her eyes on the door and when she saw it open she screamed and started freaking out. She heard a voice and saw someone turn on the light in the room.

"Easy Babygirl, it's just me."

Melody had been so scared that tears were falling down her face.

"Roman, you're here!"

"Yeah... Once you told me what happened I had to come see you. I got on the fastest plane to Pensacola and got here as fast as I could. I asked you when we video chatted if you were ok. You said you were, but I knew better. Dean and Seth had to stay... Otherwise there would be no show... I told Vince, Stephanie, and Triple H that I had a family emergency and had to leave. I'm going to stay for a few weeks with you until I know for sure that you're ok. I'll be here at least through Christmas."

As Roman was talking he was making his way over to Melody. Once he was done talking he took Melody into his arms to comfort her, she was happy to see him, but she still broke down in his arms. This is why he was here... To love her, protect her and comfort her. After about ten minutes of comforting her she had finally calmed down and they were laying in bed talking to each other.

"I can't believe you're really here... I'm just so much trouble... I know how much WWE means to you... It just seems like every time something happens, you drop everything just to be with me."

"WWE is important... But you... You're my number one priority... Your happiness and safety are what matters to me. You really have no idea... How much I love you Melody."

"This is hard for me to believe... That I would actually find love, and find someone that would love me for who I am and stand by me no matter what. I just feel like if what happened to us was a book or movie other people would be interested in our love story... Something like The Notebook."

Roman smiled at her. They kissed for a few minutes before they both finally fell asleep. Melody finally felt happy and safe and could sleep comfortably now that her Superman was home.

(To be continued. Thanks for Reading. Review.)

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Three

Melody didn't know where she was or what was going on. She looked around at her surroundings and noticed that for the most part she was in a building that was mainly dark. She noticed that something was in her hand, a microphone. There were a lot of people shouting things at her, she was in a room full of mostly guys that were whistling at her and yelling inappropriate things at her. Finally it occurred to her that she was at a bar and that she was the entertainment. There was music playing and she did her best to ignore the people around her, but in the middle of one of her songs, there were two guys that were really drunk and got on the stage with her. One of the guys that was there grabbed the microphone from her and threw it somewhere. Melody was confused and just looked at the guy like he was crazy while he started talking to his friend.

"Hey... How about we let her know what we think of her singing. She likes singing... Let's see if she will sing just for us. Hey girl... How about you and my friend here get out of here and we can... Get to know each other if you know what I mean?"

The guy winked at her as he said this. Melody just rolled her eyes and started walking away, but he caught up to her and grabbed her arm.

"Let me go... I'm not interested... I'm a music teacher."

"That's not what we see... Hey Dan, we've got ourselves one of those singing stripper whores."

"I'm not a whore!"

"Then what are you doing here?"

Melody didn't have an answer for this and didn't say anything else. The two guys that were there had her by the arms and started pulling her off the stage.

"Let me go!"

"No way... We're hard working men that pay for good beer and pretty whores to fuck."

One of the guys ripped off her shirt, all of this was happening in public. No one made a move or seemed to care about what was happening, in fact most of the bar was filled with guys that were laughing. Not only was Melody scared and helpless, but she was also embarrassed because people were pointing and laughing at her. Melody noticed that someone had their back turned to her, she saw the tattoo on his arm and recognized it to be Roman. Maybe he didn't know what was going on so she yelled out to Roman.

"Roman!... Help!"

The guys that had her seemed to stop for a minute as Roman turned to look at them. Melody noticed the look of anger that was on his face, anger directed at her for some reason.

"Why? I don't even know you."

Melody was surprised at this.

"Roman it's me Melody! You said you loved me."

It seemed like Roman knew what was going on, but he only seemed to get pissed off at her.

"Save it Melody... I know who you are. You don't love me, you're just a gold digging whore that only wanted me around for your protection. What we had... Meant nothing to me, I can go back to fucking whoever I want without thinking or worrying about you. I don't love you... I never did... It's over Melody."

Roman then got up and left the bar. The guys started tearing off the rest of her clothes and started touching her as Roman walked away. Melody started crying and screaming as she watched Roman storm out of the bar leaving her.

"No!... Please! I love you Roman!... Please! Don't Leave Me!"

Roman turned around one more time to face her and he saw the tears running down her face but he didn't seem to care. There was anger in his voice.

"You brought this upon yourself... You're not my problem anymore... It's over."

Roman left and Melody continued to cry and scream. She was heartbroken... What did she do to deserve this? She cried as the two guys were going to have their way with her in front of everyone. It was humiliating, no one even lifted a finger to help her, the guys had their clothes off. Melody saw that one of them had a knife and held it against her neck. She closed her eyes and continued to cry and scream. She heard a familiar voice calling out to her and felt arms around her.

"Melody!... Melody!"

Melody cried and screamed as she opened her eyes. She was so scared and upset that she was shaking. A big pair of arms wrapped around her as she cried and screamed.

"Melody I'm here! Everything is going to be alright!"

Tears ran down Melody's face as she opened her eyes and looked around recognizing where she was. She was at Roman's house, in his bed. There was a lamp on and she realized that he was there holding her in his arms. It was all a really bad nightmare, but it all seemed too real to Melody. As she thought back to the nightmare she cried harder and held onto Roman. He held her in his arms and noticed how upset she was, he started rubbing her back and kissed her forehead.

"Shh... It's ok Melody... I'm here."

He had to hold her for a few minutes to calm her down. As he held her she had her head against his chest and she listened to the beating of his heart to calm down. She wasn't shaking anymore and had calmed down for the most part. She finally looked up at Roman, he could see that she was still upset and started wiping away the tears that were rolling down her cheeks.

"This must have been a real serious bad dream, it had you crying, screaming, and shaking."

"It... It wasn't just a bad dream... It was a nightmare... It seemed so real."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No... Not right now... Could we please just talk about it later?"

"Sure... No problem"

"Could you... Just hold me for a while?"

"You don't have to ask Babygirl. I love holding you in my arms."

Melody didn't say anything else, she was still upset and needed Roman now more than ever. Roman noticed how clingy Melody was being. He loved that she was getting close to him, but he hated seeing her so unhappy. She could have just been upset from her nightmare, but with her being so clingy it led him to believe that he was in her dream. She didn't want to talk about it at the moment so Roman decided he would ask her when she felt better, now was not the time. She wasn't crying anymore but she still held onto him, she had her head against his chest listening to his heart beat. It calmed her down listening to Roman's heart beat and being able to hold each other. He rubbed her back and shoulders and every so often he would plant kisses on her head. She somehow managed to calm down and go back to sleep. Roman felt her breathing slow down and he looked down at her and noticed that she had her eyes closed. She was asleep, it looked like Melody was sleeping a lot better now. Roman was almost sure he saw a small smile on her lips. It was moments like this, holding Melody while she slept that were so precious to him.

He was glad that she was happy with her teaching job, but he missed holding her every night and kissing her. It just seemed like things kept happening to her. He wasn't there for her when she really needed him. He felt guilty because he wasn't around to protect her. He wanted to hang onto Melody because he was afraid of losing her. He was off for a few weeks now and would get to be with her through Christmas. It was four in the morning and Roman wasn't surprised that Melody woke up screaming, she had almost been raped again and he scared her when he came in. Even though she told him that she would be ok he knew better and wanted to get to her as soon as he could. He didn't call her because he wanted to surprise her when he got home. He didn't expect the reaction that he got, after her reaction he felt bad about scaring her. After what happened, she could have just been thinking about it and was just re-living it through a nightmare.

Even though he couldn't always be around he was glad that Melody finally decided to stay at his house. There were police officers that lived in his neighborhood and the neighbors looked after each other, Melody would be safe here. This would be something to talk about when Melody wanted to talk about it. Roman had decided to stay awake until she fell asleep, once he knew she was asleep he kissed her head one more time and kept his arms around her even though his right arm was falling asleep. He didn't care, he only smiled at her and fell asleep holding her. The next time Melody woke up it was nine in the morning, Roman woke up when he felt her moving. Melody didn't move all night so when she woke up she moved her head to look up at him as he looked down at her, their eyes met and Roman gave her a sweet smile and spoke softly to her.

"Hey Babygirl... How are you feeling?"

Melody smiled back at him and answered him.

"A lot better with you here."

"Good, then I guess I'm doing my job."

"I still can't believe you're here, especially with WWE having such a demanding schedule."

"I already told you, I told Vince, Stephanie, and Triple H that I had a family emergency. WWE is important to me, but family is everything. Melody... You are my number one priority, your safety and happiness is what matters to me."

Melody gave him a small smile but she knew that she had to talk to him about her nightmare, communication is the most important part of a relationship. Roman was surprised that she wanted to talk about it so soon, but was glad that she was opening up to him.

"Roman... I need to tell you about my nightmare."

"Right now? Are you sure?"

"Yes... I want to tell you now so I can get it over with."

"Ok, how bad was it?"

"Bad is an understatement... It was hell. I found myself... Back at a bar. These two guys were there, they were drunk and wanted to rape me. Of course it doesn't help that I was almost raped last night, but I don't even know if that was the worst part."

Melody paused for a moment and Roman noticed that she wasn't really looking at him.

"What was the worst part?"

"I don't know if this was the worst part, but it had me pretty upset when I woke up...You were there at the bar... I didn't know what was going on, but for some reason you were pissed off and wanted nothing to do with me... The guys that were trying rape me were doing it in public, it was humiliating, everyone laughed at me and no one helped me, not even you. At first it seemed like you didn't even know me, but then you were pissed off at me and told me that I deserved what was going to happen... You called me a gold digger and a whore...You told me that you could go back to fucking whoever you wanted and told me that I wasn't your problem... You told me that what we had meant nothing, that it was over, and that you never loved me... I don't know what was worse, being raped or watching you walk away not giving a damn about me... I was so heartbroken... I think losing you was worse, but the guys were about to end my misery, they had a knife against my neck. I finally woke up when I heard you calling my name."

Roman wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Is that what it was like when that guy broke into your apartment? Did he really try to kill you?"

"Yes, but the police showed up and killed him."

"Melody... I would never do that to you... I would never say any of that to you, and I definitely wouldn't leave you like that."

"I'm just... So afraid that one day I'm going to wake up and find all this to be a dream... That I would wake up and find myself still working at a bar with guys trying to rape me... I'm afraid that I'm going to wake up with things being bad with my mom again, and that we never met or got together. I just don't want things to go back to the way it was... With me sinking so low that I would try to commit suicide."

"That won't happen... I won't let it, you've come so far. Have you tried committing suicide again?"

"No... I made a promise to Dean because of his sister... He made me promise him no matter how bad things got that I wouldn't try to commit suicide again. I haven't tried it, but that doesn't mean that I haven't thought about it."

Roman gave her a concerned look.

"When did you start thinking that?"

"Just yesterday after the guy was killed... I just thought that all of that was behind me, and the guy just broke into my apartment and started thinking that I would never be safe and that I would never really escape my old life. I told you that I joined a church and that I made a few friends... They stayed with me for a little while yesterday and just talked with me and told me that they would pray for me. I even talked to my mom yesterday. She offered to come and see me, but I told her that it was a long drive. Then of course you show up and surprised me."

"More like almost scared you to death... I really didn't expect for you to freak out the way you did, I wasn't thinking. After all the the things you've been through, why wouldn't you freak out. I guess I need to stop surprising you and let you know when I'm coming."

"No... You don't have to do that. I just need to not be so paranoid."

"So... I know this isn't the only nightmare that you've had."

"It's not, but most of the time I forget what happens... This last one I had was probably the worst I've ever had, but probably because I was still thinking about what happened."

"Well why don't we do something to get your mind off what happened?"

"Like what?"

"Well I know how much you like arcade games, how about we go play some arcade games."

Melody smiled and even smirked at him.

"Oh... You want me to kick your butt at air hockey again."

They loved that fun and competitive side to each other. Roman chuckled a bit and returned the smirk she was giving him.

"You're on! You know we're pretty evenly matched at air hockey."

"Ok... Whatever you say Roman."

Roman could hear her sarcasm.

"You think you're better than me?"

"Maybe... Why don't we go find that out?"

"Ok we will then."

It was the winter months, the middle of December and there wasn't as many people out by the beach and arcade as there was during the summer months. It was warmer in the arcade area than it was out in the open air. Just because they were in Florida didn't mean that it wasn't cold like everywhere else during the winter months. The first thing they did was play a few rounds of air hockey. Melody won two games and Roman won one game. Roman had to admit, Melody did have bragging rights as far as air hockey went, most of the time when they played it Melody won. Melody was having fun already and didn't think about what happened the day before at all. She wasn't thinking about anything about her past and she had no concern or worry about the future. She was just enjoying the here and now. After Melody beat Roman the second time in air hockey she could tell that he was frustrated. She laughed and went over to him.

"Hey... Don't be mad, I told you I was going to kick your butt at air hockey."

"I'm not mad, I just can't believe you beat me again."

Melody thought of something and laughed while saying it.

"Believe That!"

Roman rolled his eyes.

"Really Melody? You're real cute... You're a comedian now?"

"I thought it was pretty funny."

Roman still had a frustrated look on his face.

"It's ok Roman, it's just a game, you don't have to take it so serious."

Roman actually then cracked a smile and started laughing.

"Gotcha."

Melody rolled her eyes.

"Real cute Roman... I do like seeing your reaction when I beat you though... Your eyes get all big and you stick out your bottom lip and get all pouty, it's hilarious and kind of cute."

"Cute? Oh you're going to get it now!"

Melody could tell that he was just playing around but ran away from him anyway and made him chase after her. He caught up to her, grabbed her from behind and started tickling her down her sides. Melody laughed really hard and had the biggest smile on her face. He smiled to himself happy that he could make her smile and laugh and make her forget about everything else. He finally let her go when she laughed and begged for him to let her go. Melody looked to her left and saw a photo booth. She smiled and grabbed Roman's hand and started dragging him over to it. They had never really had any pictures together so it was time to change that. When they got in the photo booth they found it to be crowded, especially since Roman was so big and muscular. They paid the money hand had four quick pictures done. Even though it was cramped in there they had more privacy behind the curtain. They were both still in a playful mood, especially Melody. They both made funny faces for the first two pictures. They had a few seconds in between pictures to do a different pose. After the second picture, Roman put his hand up and cupped her face and started moving even closer to her. The third picture showed them coming close for a kiss and the last picture actually showed them kissing. A special effect was added to the pictures, on the last two, the words I love you showed up at the bottom. It really was a romantic moment, they got to share this moment together alone without anyone bothering them. One kiss wasn't enough, the pictures were done, but they had to have at least one more kiss and enjoy the moment. When it ended Melody gave Roman a hug.

"Thank you Roman... I've had so much fun today, and I'm so glad I got to spend this time with you."

"You're welcome Melody, I'm glad you had fun today and there is no one else that I'd rather share this moment with."

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Four

Once Melody and Roman were done with the arcade games they started thinking about how they were going to spend Christmas. This was their first Christmas together and they wanted it to be special. If they were always together, how would they surprise each other?

"Roman?"

"Yes Melody?"

"I'm really glad that you're here with me, and I hope this doesn't upset you, but would you mind if I went shopping with a few of my friends from church?"

"It's not going to upset me, go have fun with your friends...Just be careful ok?"

"I will."

"You have my number, if you need me just give me a call."

"Ok."

Melody called one of her friends from the church and a few minutes later there was a car pulling up in Roman's driveway. Roman watched Melody leave and stood in the doorway to get a look at the people she was leaving with. He was relieved when he saw that there were two women in the car, he wouldn't have to worry about any guys trying to make a move on her. He trusted Melody, but if there was a guy around Melody that he hadn't met he wouldn't be as comfortable letting Melody go. He was glad that she made a few friends that could hang out with her. Now this was the perfect time for Roman to find a present for Melody. Before Melody left she gave Roman a kiss and a quick hug. When she got in the car she looked and saw Roman still standing in his doorway. She smiled at him and waved, he smiled and waved back at her. Knowing most women he was sure that Melody would be gone for at least two hours. In the car one of her friends got a good look at Roman.

"So, that's your boyfriend Roman?"

Melody smiled and responded back.

"Yes, that's Roman."

"You haven't told us much about him... You didn't tell us he was hot."

Her other friend spoke up.

"Ok he is good looking, but look how big and muscular he looks. Does he treat you alright?"

"Yes, he's always been so sweet. We've had our ups and downs, but what relationship doesn't? He's never forced me into doing anything something I didn't want to do, and he's always been very protective of me. He's actually the first boyfriend I've ever had, I never wanted a boyfriend, but he was just so sweet to me, I changed my mind. I never thought I would ever give love a chance, but he makes me feel loved, he makes me feel things I've never felt before. I don't always get to see him. He travels a lot with WWE... That's a wrestling company, he does sometimes have a hard time with his anger, but I try to be there to calm him down."

"Aw... Melody, you two seem so perfect for each other. Has he hinted about maybe wanting to marry you?"

"Well I'm not sure... You girls know I teach music, he says that I'm great with kids and asked me if I ever wanted kids of my own. I think I would at some point, but I would be worried about taking care of them on my own if something went wrong. I don't want to end up being heartbroken, being a single mom trying to raise a bunch of kids and hope they don't hate me."

"Melody, you've got to have faith. You're capable of more than you think, but sometimes you just have to let go and let God take control. He has a plan for you, he knows what's best for you."

"You're right... As far as Roman and I go, we haven't been together for a year yet. It's probably too early to be thinking about marriage."

"But could you imagine spending your life with him?"

"Yes... He's just made me happier than I've ever been, he's shown me what love is."

"I'm happy for you, I hope things work out for both of you."

Melody and her friends got to the mall. It seemed like they didn't have that much of a hard time shopping for their husbands, but Melody had absolutely no idea of what to get Roman. What kind of a gift would a guy like? This is a question many women had to face, women are easy for men to shop for, but women usually had a hard time trying to find something that men would like. Finally Melody thought of something, she wanted to make sure that whatever she she got him that it would be something that he would always use. What she found could be useful for a man or a woman, you could never go wrong with technology. She found a Bluetooth and Wireless speaker for his phone. He would be able to share his music with everyone else, the speaker would make his music louder and more people would enjoy it, but it was also good for if you try to call someone, it would make it easier to hear a conversation. Melody had been saving money for a while, which was a good thing because it ended up being a little over one hundred dollars. She even had Roman's gift wrapped up before she left. Melody and her friends ended up being at the mall for two hours trying on clothes and looking around at things. Roman had been out and did what he needed to do, but barely got home before Melody did so he had to hide her gift and quickly turned on the tv to a game and pretended to watch. He enjoyed watching Georgia Tech football, when Melody came in she actually had a few bags. She had Roman's present wrapped at the mall, but while she was there she also bought a few things for herself. She kept Roman's present hidden with the rest of her stuff. She came back into the living room with Roman.

"Hey Roman, I'm back."

"Hey Melody. Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, it's nice to have a shopping day with friends."

"What all did you get?"

"A few new outfits, a pair of shoes. You know... Girl stuff."

Roman smiled at her and pat the spot on the couch wanting her to sit down with him. He wasn't sure if Melody knew he went anywhere, but he hoped she wouldn't catch on. He only got home a few minutes before she did and had to act quick. He was happy when she sat down with him.

"So you've been watching football the whole time I was gone?"

"No not the whole time, I just found this game and wanted to watch. I played football at Georgia Tech so I'm watching to support my team. We've got a pretty big lead, I'm not really worried about them losing. Do you want to watch something else?"

"We don't have to, we can finish watching the game."

Melody was sitting near him, but Roman motioned for her to get closer. She did and smiled when he took her in his arms. He smiled back at her, pushed the guide button on the remote and went to the movie channels, and then handed her the remote.

"Here... Find us a movie."

Melody took the remote and looked through the channels and found one of her favorite movies. The movie Just like Heaven was getting ready to come on. Melody and Roman had been together since May, but only started dating in June. Roman was her first boyfriend, but just because she never had a boyfriend before didn't mean that she didn't enjoy romance movies. The movie Just like Heaven was about a nurse that was too busy with work to worry about romance. When she is set up on a blind date she ends up getting into a life threatening car accident that left her in a coma. Her spirit is still in her apartment and a guy moves into her apartment. Once he finds out that her spirit is still lingering he does everything he can to try to get her to move on, but she doesn't think that she is really dead. Overtime they actually bond and they find out that she was in a coma on life support. They find out that they were supposed to meet on the blind date. When she is taken off life support her "ghost" disappears and she wakes up from her coma, but has no memory of anything and doesn't remember him. Later on she is at her apartment and the guy is there to return the spare key from when he lived there and then they touched her memory came back and they ended up together.

Two weeks later Melody's mom and brother, and Roman's family came over for Christmas. They exchanged gifts, and ate holiday treats and just enjoyed being together. Roman and Melody decided to give each other their gifts once everyone left. It was late on Christmas night when Roman and Melody could finally exchange gifts. They could have done this earlier, but they wanted it to be extra special since this was their first Christmas together.

"Ok... Now that everyone is gone we can finally exchange gifts."

Melody had Roman's present, but was slightly nervous because she was afraid that he wouldn't like it, but handed him his present anyway.

"I really hope you like your present Roman... Shopping for a man is so hard... My friend gave me an idea for something a man or woman would like... I'm hoping that it's something you don't already have, and I hope it's something that you would use."

"That doesn't really give me an idea of what it would be, but it's the thought that counts Melody."

Roman rips through the paper and smiles at her when he saw what it was.

"It's a speaker for music on my phone. I've been wanting one of these."

Roman gives her a hug and kissed her.

"Thank you Melody. I can share my music with Dean and Seth, this is something that I'll use all the time. I just hope you'll like what I got you."

Roman had a bag for her, reached in and handed her a card. He wanted her to open the card first. She smiled and looked at the card. She looked at the inside of the card and read the message he wrote. This wasn't the first time he gave her a card with a written note in it. He did it when they got into a bad fight, and he also did it for her birthday. The card was just for looks on the outside. On the inside there wasn't enough room so there was a piece of paper folded up for her to read instead. She loved his hand written messages, she smiled as she read his message.

"Melody, from the moment we met, those first few weeks we were getting to know each other were very important to me. We've had our ups and downs like every relationship, but we've always came out of it together and stronger than ever. I gave you the space you needed and I was so happy when you finally agreed to be my girlfriend, you gave me a chance and made me your first boyfriend. We don't always get to physically be together, but we still stay together and communicate through technology. Of course nothing can beat actually being with you, to hold you, or kiss you. I already told you that my neighbors look out for each other, but I took it a step further and asked one of my neighbors to watch over you while I was gone. You already know who it is, you already hang out with her. I feel like even though we're not always physically together, our relationship keeps getting stronger. I've made many mistakes in the past, moving from one person to the next overnight. I guess I can say that you're my first REAL relationship. I'm not the same man I was three years ago, or even a month ago. You're really someone special to me, you've changed me so much for the better. I feel things with you that I've never felt for anyone else. I felt a big relief when you finally decided to stay at my house. My home is yours... You like doing things on your own, and I'm proud of you for finding a job you wanted and can make your own money, but before all of that you were so unsure about a lot of things, and you still may be. Not once have I ever thought you were taking advantage of me, you were always worried about me buying things. It never bothered me, I was always happy to buy you things. You make your own money and can buy what you want, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to buy you things. When you were wondering where you were going to live I wanted you to come with me, but you felt like a burden. You have never been a burden and you never will be. I mean this when I say this... My home is YOURS. Time flies... It's already Christmas season. It's our first Christmas together... And hopefully we'll get to spend many more together. Merry Christmas Babygirl, I love you so much." - Roman

Melody was so touched that she had tears falling from her eyes. Roman noticed this and took her in his arms.

"Melody... What's wrong?"

Melody wiped away her tears and hugged him.

"It's just... I don't think I've ever had anyone care about me or love me as much as you do... And I never thought I could be so in love with you Roman."

Roman handed her the bag. She finally pulled herself together and looked in the bag. She smiled and saw that Roman had bought her a Christmas themed teddy bear, it was a teddy bear in a Santa suit.

"Aw... Cute."

"That's not it Melody... Santa Bear brought you a gift too. You need to really look under his beard."

Roman smiled as she did this and watched her reaction. She looked through the beard and felt something like a chain, when she finally moved the beard out of the way and saw what it was her mouth fell wide open in shock. It was a gold necklace. More specifically, it was a gold heart shaped locket with the words Always & Forever on it. Melody felt around for the hook to take it off the bear. She looked at it and then looked at Roman.

"Oh Roman... It's beautiful."

"A beautiful locket necklace for my beautiful girlfriend... Here, let me put it on."

Roman came up behind her, she held up her hair as he brought it around her neck and fastened the hook.

"Turn around, lets see it."

Melody turned around and smiled at him. He looked at the necklace and then at her.

"Beautiful."

Melody literally jumped into his arms and kissed his lips.

"Thank you Roman for this beautiful locket necklace, I can put two of the pictures we had done a few weeks ago in here... I love it, and I love you Roman."

"I'm glad you like it Melody. I love you too."

"I'm always going to wear this, that way when you're on the road I'll always have a piece of you with me."

Melody hugged him and kissed him again. Things seemed so perfect, but what they didn't know was that they were about to hit trouble in paradise... (Kofi Kingston reference I know lol.)

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Five

The last few weeks Melody and Roman spent together were enough for Melody to calm down and get used to living at Roman's house. She didn't care so much about staying there. She wouldn't feel like a burden if she had a job and money to pay for things. She thought back to the message Roman wrote her around Christmas and smiled. He told her that she had never been a burden and that she never would be. He wanted her to stay at his house and said that his house was hers. The time came for Roman to leave, he felt better about leaving Melody since he asked his neighbor to watch over Melody. Melody talked to his neighbor and actually started to become friends with her. Safety wasn't an issue, but leaving was still hard on both of them. Melody had two of the pictures from when they were in the photo booth. One of the pictures she had was of them just goofing off, and the other picture was of them kissing. Three more months went by, it was late March. Melody had been busy with teaching, and Roman had been training and working out even more than usual, it was Wrestlemania season so Roman was also very busy with interviews, live appearances and with fan meet and was almost time for spring break, that would be a least a week or two out of school. Now that she thought about it, she would always have a piece of him with her because she lived at his house. She never messed with any of his stuff, but would look at pictures of him and his family that he had hanging up around his had come to love the students at the school and they loved her and loved learning about music. The students had learned about different instruments. She would have the kids beat on the drums, taught the older kids how to play a recorder and even the piano. The younger kids mainly just enjoyed singing and dancing.

Melody taught them the number of beats notes had, and what certain words meant in terms of how fast or slow to go or how loud or soft to play. She loved teaching, and seeing the kids be excited about learning. Music class was a class that a lot of the kids looked forward to. A few of the kids even told Melody that they wanted to be like her. This made Melody feel special, it meant a lot to her to know that a lot of the kids loved her and looked up to her. She felt the strongest connection with the Kindergarten through Third grade. Her bond with a lot of the kids made it seem like they were a big family. She began thinking about Dean and Seth, they were like brothers to her, her family seemed to be getting bigger and bigger. Melody's mom and brother had moved to Pensacola to get closer to Melody. Their relationship between the three of them strengthened and they would see each other at least once a last time Melody talked to Roman was after Raw, it was now Thursday, it had been three days since they spoke, she knew he was very busy, but she really missed him. She told him before he left that she would wear the locket necklace so that she would have a piece of him with her while he was on the road. It was lunchtime, Melody loved her students and they loved her. She loved her family, but she still really missed Roman. She wore her heart shaped locket necklace everyday, she was just listening to all of the noise in the lunchroom, but she looked down at the words Always & Forever. She opened the locket and looked at the two pictures inside. She held the locket up to her mouth and kissed it. She closed her eyes to try to tune out the noise, closed the locket and held it up to her heart and said something to herself.

"We'll be together soon Roman."

Melody was startled when one of her students came up to her, she still had her eyes closed.

"Ms. Melody, why are you sleeping?"

"Oh... Jamie you scared me. I wasn't sleeping."

"What were you doing?"

"I was just thinking about someone I love... I don't always get to see him. He bought me this heart shaped locket necklace so that whenever I really miss him I can open it up and look at a few pictures of us."

"A picture is in there? Can I see?"

"Sure."

Melody opened up the locket and showed Jamie the pictures of her and Roman.

"Ew... Kissing is gross."

"Maybe you think that now, but in a few years you probably won't."

"Are you married Ms. Melody?"

"No... This is my boyfriend, Roman."

"Do you want him to marry you?"

Melody smiled and though about him.

"Maybe someday. It won't be anytime soon. I don't always see him because he travels a lot? If he does eve ask me, it will probably be a few years from now."

The bell rang for the next class.

"Oh, there's the bell Jamie, we better get to class."

When Melody got home later that day she was excited when Roman requested a video chat, she instantly accepted his request with a big smile on her face.

"Hey beautiful, how was your day?"

"Great! The kids were really well behaved today, they learned a lot and had fun doing it. A lot of them told me that music class was their favorite class of the day. A few have even said that they want to be like me when they grow up, they look up to me, we're kind of like a big family."

"They love you Melody, you're not like some teachers, you actually care about them and put your heart and soul into your work."

"I love them to... So Stephanie, the main music teacher has kind of stepped back and let me take over. She's impressed with how I work. She can't always get the kids to have fun while learning so she kind of let me take over."

"Awesome! See, I told you that you would be the best teacher that school has ever had."

Melody smiled and blushed while holding her head down, but Roman saw her blush anyway.

"I see you blushing... That's so cute... You're so beautiful Melody... You're still wearing the necklace I got you I see."

"Of course. I wear it everyday. I can always take a part of you with me wherever I go... So how was your day Roman? You look really tired."

"I am tired, but I had a good day, it's even better now that I get to talk to you. So if I remember correctly, I think you said something about having your spring break around the same time as Wrestlemania."

"Yeah, it's around the same time."

"Ok... How would you like to watch all of the matches and hang out with The Shield backstage?"

"I would love that! I've never seen Wrestlemania, I've always wanted to see it live!"

"Well congratulations, here in two weeks you'll get to."

"I'm excited already, I can't wait to see you... These two weeks can't come fast enough."

"I'm excited too, I can't wait to spend Wrestlemania with you, but until then I guess I'll have to video chat with you tomorrow. You look tired and you have to get up early tomorrow so I guess I'll let you go then."

"Ok, you should get some rest too."

"I will. I love you Melody."

"I love you too Roman."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Once the video chat ended Melody was still excited, those two weeks couldn't pass by fast enough.

Finally the two weeks went by and it was the day of Wrestlemania. The Shield were still together, but they had been doing singles matches. It just so happened that all three members of The Shield had singles matches for Wrestlemania. Seth was facing Kevin Owens, Dean was facing Randy Orton, and Roman was challenging John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Melody was really excited about all of these matches, but especially for Roman's match against John Cena. Roman had been improving so much in the ring and he had been working so hard. John Cena actually picked Roman to be his opponent because he wanted a challenge and thought that Roman was the most deserving out of everyone else. Seth had the first match of the night. Melody would have thought that with Seth going up against Kevin Owens that Seth would get an easy win, but Kevin gave Seth everything he had. It was a very back and forth match and the Wrestlemania was clearly behind both men. Finally Seth did end up getting the win because of his quickness and because he outsmarted him. They didn't call Seth The Architect for nothing. Everyone seemed to enjoy Seth and Kevin, they were just the opening match, there was more to follow. Melody congratulated Seth when he got backstage and gave him a hug. Around the middle of the night it was Dean's turn for his match against Randy Orton. The build up between Dean and Randy had become very personal and this is probably one of the matches that the WWE universe was looking forward to. Randy had more experience and he could be crazy, but there wasn't really anyone as crazy and unpredictable as Dean. The match was very physical, Dean was in a lot of pain in his knee and Randy made that his target. Even though Dean was in a lot of pain he out crazied Randy and hit him with Dirty Deeds when he least expected it and got the pinfall victory. Dean limped backstage and tried his best to ignore the pain. When Melody saw him she gave him a hug and congratulated him.

"Hey Dean! Great job out there, congrats on the win."

"Thanks..."

Melody watched as Dean tried to shake away the pain from his knee.

"It was a very physical match, maybe you should go see a doctor."

"Nah... I'll be fine."

"Dean stop being stubborn, you can barely walk. Seth, go get a doctor for him."

Dean rolled his eyes, but didn't argue. A few minutes later a doctor had Dean's knee wrapped up. Another hour goes by and finally it was time for the main event. Dean and Seth stayed with Melody and watched the main event backstage. John Cena is one of the hardest people to beat in WWE, the build up between Roman and Cena wasn't really personal, they had nothing against each other, they busted wanted to see who was the best. This was a hard match for the WWE universe to get behind, there was the Cenation, and then there was The Roman Empire. There were people that didn't like Roman or Cena, but Roman didn't get as much hate like he did at last year's Wrestlemania. It seemed like most of the crowd cheered for Roman over the night in Seth's, Dean's and now Roman's match there was a point where the crowd was chanting This is Awesome. Both men became physically tired and frustrated from all of the nearfalls. Roman hit Cena with a ring apron dropkick, two Superman punches and two Spears. Cena hit Roman with three Attitude Adjustments and Roman into the STF a few times. Roman overpowered Cena and got out of the submission hold. Both men were down trying to think of what they were going to do next. Cena got to his feet first, saw Roman getting up and decided to do the Attitude Adjustment to hopefully end the match. Roman was tired but somehow managed to avoid this Attitude Adjustment and push Cena against. Roman had to dig deep and use all of the energy he had and ran at Cena and hit him as hard as he could with a Spear.

Cena was down and didn't move and Roman didn't move either, it took everything he had just to hit it. The crowd was chanting so loud for Roman to go for the pin. Roman started crawling his way over to Cena. The WWE universe was enough to get him moving. He finally got over to Cena and went for the pin. This time when the ref did the count Cena didn't move and the ref counted to three. Roman was so tired that for a moment he didn't realize what happened. Finally when his music hit and the ref checked on him it dawned on him that he had just won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania. He had so much emotion on his face, the struggle to get this far and the joy of finally reaching the top. He had to drag his body up, Cena was now up, shook Roman's hand and then held his hand up in the air as a sign of respect. Roman made his way to the top of the ramp entrance and listened to most of the WWE universe cheer him. He smiled at everyone and held his WWE World Heavyweight Championship in the air as fireworks went off everywhere. Roman was sore everywhere and physically tired so about after a minut of celebrating, he went backstage where Melody was the first one to congratulate him. All three members of The Shield had won their matches, but she was happy for Roman the most. Roman was surprised when she jumped into his arms and started kissing him. His shock wore off and he kissed her back.

"Congratulations Superman. I'm so proud of you Roman, you killed it out there. You deserve that championship more than anyone."

"Thank you Babygirl, you're my number one fan and I'm so glad you were here to see this and that you enjoyed yourself. I'm glad that you were the first person to congratulate me."

Dean and Seth came up and hugged him.

"Great match out there Roman! Congrats champ!"

"Thanks Seth."

"That crowd was more in favor of you than Cena, if Cena would have won, I think we would of had a lot of upset fans. I know I would have been pissed!"

"Thanks Dean, but there was no way I was letting Cena walk out with that championship."

A lot of other WWE Superstars and Divas and backstage crew came up and congratulated Roman. Vince, Stephanie, and Triple H shook his hand and congratulated him and told him that he would be a fine champion. Then came time for all of the pictures and media interviews. Roman told Melody that she could hang out with Dean and Seth until all of the chaos died down. After about an hour Roman thought that he could finally celebrate vwith Melody and the rest of The Shield until he got a call from his dad.

"Excuse me Melody, I promise we'll celebrate soon, but I really need to take this call, it's my dad."

"It's fine, we're not in that much of a hurry."

Melody was just hanging out with Dean and Seth while Roman went down an empty hallway and answered his phone. What he didn't know was that he wasn't alone, him and Summer Rae had been close friends for a while, but Summer saw him in a different way. She didn't get to congratulate Roman earlier because she was hanging out with some of the other Divas. She had never seen Melody or knew that Roman was dating anyone and thought this was her chance to make her move. Once Roman was done talking on the phone Summer started talking to him.

"Hey Ro!"

"Hey Summer."

"I didn't get to talk to you earlier, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your win."

Summer gave him a hug. Roman didn't think much about this because they had hugged before. Roman was about leave, but Summer didn't let him go, she kept him in the hug. She looked up at him and brought her body close to him.

"Wait... I wanted to really congratulate you."

Roman was confused and shocked when Summer started kissing his lips. He didn't like this at all, she was trying to stick her tongue down his throat. He didn't have time to respond because the next thing he knew, Dean, Seth, and Melody were coming around the corner and Melody saw them kissing. Melody felt confused, hurt, anger, and sadness all at the same time. She didn't have to because Dean said something for her and they stopped kissing.

"Roman! What the Hell?!"

Melody reacted on her own, she didn't say a word. She looked at her necklace as tears started falling down face, took it off and threw it at Roman and then ran the other way. Roman pushed Summer away, Summer left disappointed and right when Roman was going to go after Melody, but Dean stopped him and punched him in the nose. While Dean was busy with Roman, Seth went after Melody.

"Melody calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down! I just saw him kissing another woman!"

"How do you know she wasn't kissing him?"

"I'm pretty sure I just saw him try to suck her fucking face off! I'm going to go to airport, go home and move out. If he would do something like this in front of me, who knows what he's done behind my back... All of that stuff Roman said about changing his ways because of me... It was all a lie. If he loved me, he wouldn't have done this to me. I'm leaving Seth... I hope Roman has fun with his skinny blonde bitch!"

"You're making a mistake."

"I should have known you and Dean would take his side... Bros before Hoes they say."

"I'm not on anyone's side, I just think you're making a mistake. I know you're hurt by what you saw, but you should at least let him explain himself."

"I'm not going to stand around and listen to him lie to me. I'm leaving... Roman is the champion, he can do what he wants. Tell him I said goodbye. I need time to think. Goodbye Seth..."

Melody got into a taxi and was on her way to the airport. Seth knew that if he tried to stop her that he would only upset her more. Now Seth was pissed off and wanted to give Roman a piece of his mind. Roman had already been punched in the face, while he had to deal with Dean and Seth, Melody was on her way to the airport and she called her mom. Her mom was busy so Melody left a voicemail.

"Mom... It's Melody... When you get the chance will you please call me? I really need to talk to you... I'm moving out of Roman's house... I caught him kissing another woman."

Melody was heartbroken, she loved Roman, how could he do this to her? The taxi cab driver handed her a box of tissues. Even though Melody was afraid of heights she knew that taking an airplane would be the fastest way to get home. The box of tissues came in handy, but she was so upset that she cried until she cried herself to sleep.

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Six

Melody woke up when a flight attendant came over to her and told her that they had landed. Melody looked at her phone and it was after eight at night. She noticed that she had three missed calls and a voicemail from Roman, and another missed call and voicemail from her mom. Melody was still upset with Roman, she didn't want to talk to him. She decided to call her mom.

"Mom..."

"Melody, what's going on? What's wrong?"

"I'm... really upset mom... I'm moving out of Roman's house... I saw him kissing another woman."

"Oh... I'm so sorry Melody."

"He hurt me... I loved him... I can't believe he would do this to me. Mom...since you I've closer now, could I please stay with you for a few weeks? Long enough so I can find a place of my own?"

Melody didn't think her mom's answer would be yes, but was shocked when it was.

"Yes. You don't have to worry about finding somewhere else to live. John and I would love for you to stay. I'm really sorry about you and Roman... Where are you right now?"

"I'm at the airport. Could you come pick me up and help me get my stuff from Roman's house?"

"Sure. I'll be there in ten minutes."

While Melody was waiting she couldn't help but let the tears flow as she thought about Roman. Her mom got there and hugged her.

"Oh... Melody, I hate seeing you like this. He really broke your heart."

Her brother came up to her and hugged her.

"I guess now we knew why you didn't want a boyfriend, because you would get your heart broken. If I see him again I'm kicking his ass. I'll try to anyway. I don't care how big and bad he thinks he is, no one hurts my sister and gets away with it."

Even though Melody was upset she managed to smile and hug him.

"Thanks John."

Melody, her mom, and her mom got to Roman's house and helped Melody with her stuff.

While Melody was dealing her heartbreak, Dean and Seth were giving Roman hell for what he did to her. Seth saw Dean punch Roman in the face. It was hard to tell if Dean or Seth were more pissed off at Roman.

"Roman you Son of a Bitch! How could you do this to Melody?!"

Seth tried to hold Dean back and added in what he wanted to say.

"Give us one good reason why we shouldn't kick your ass right now?!"

Roman felt at his nose from where Dean punched him.

"Because, Summer kissed me!"

Dean wasn't buying it.

"Right... That phone call was just an excuse for you to go meet her, she probably called you and told you where to meet."

"Dean! Shut the hell up! You didn't see what happened so you can't judge me. I swear, Summer kissed me. We've been friends for a while now, but I've known Melody longer. I had no idea she was going to kiss me, and I definitely didn't enjoy it."

"That's not what I saw, I'm pretty sure you were sticking your tongue down her throat and trying to suck her face off."

"You've got this backwards... She was the one that came up to me, she wanted to "congratulate" me for my win. At first she just hugged me, but the next thing I knew, she was trying to stick her tongue down my throat and that was when Melody and you guys came around the corner. This is all a big misunderstanding... Like when I thought Melody had something going on with Bray, but later found out that Bray kissed her."

"Dude, you are so stupid, why would Melody hook up with Bray?"

"I know I was stupid, but I wasn't thinking, I was still hurt."

Seth cut in.

"Well how do you think Melody felt? Even if you didn't mean for it to happen, you broke her heart. I tried to stop her but she was so upset, I knew that if I kept trying to stop her that she would only get more upset so I let her go. She said she needed time to think, she said that if you did this in front of her who knows what you've done behind her back. We know you haven't done anything, we're around you too much for you to do anything, but that kiss with Summer looked pretty convincing that something was going on."

"Well go ask Summer!"

Roman was pissed off at Summer for causing this, at Dean for punching him in the face and at Seth for not stopping Melody from leaving. He was mad at himself for getting caught up in this situation, he's been trying to convince Melody that she made him into a better man, but after what happened with Summer he knew it would be a while before she trusted him. He remembered Melody taking off her necklace and throwing it at him. As Dean and Seth went to look for Summer to get her side of the story Roman reached down at his feet and picked up the necklace. What nobody knew about Roman was that once he and Melody had pictures done together that he always kept two of the pictures in the front pocket of his Shield vest. So in a way he always kept Melody close to his heart. He opened up her locket and looked at the pictures for a moment. Then he closed it and looked at the words Always & Forever. He kissed the locket and hoped that he would be able to fix things with Melody. He put the necklace in his pocket and knew that Melody would be the only one to have his heart. He made sure that no one was around before he let his tears fall. He may have won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, but at the same time may have lost Melody. There were King of the Ring tournaments, but the real king of WWE would be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Roman had been crowned as champion, but what is a king without his queen? Roman knew that Melody was upset and wouldn't want to talk to him, but thought that he would try to call her anyway. Now he knew how Melody felt when he accused her of doing something that she didn't do. At the same time Melody was feeling the way he did when he thought she kissed Bray, angry, sad, and hurt. Roman didn't know Dean had come back.

"Hey Roman..."

Dean stopped when he noticed Roman start wiping his face.

"Dude were you crying?"

"Shut up..."

"Oh man... You were crying... Over Melody?"

"Yes over Melody!"

"Oh man, we were wrong about you... Any man that cries over a woman... Must really feel something for that woman. You were telling the truth."

"That's what I've been saying... Now because of Summer, I may have lost Melody forever."

About a minute later Seth is coming back with Summer.

"I found Summer, she admitted to kissing you."

Summer was going to say something, but Roman cut her off.

"Ro, I'm so sorry about..."

"Stop! I don't want to hear anything you have to say... Because of you, I probably just lost the love of my life. She's never going to trust me again."

"Ro, please..."

"Don't call me that! I don't care how you felt about me. We were friends for a reason, because I was seeing someone else. I'm not your friend... I don't want you talking to me, I don't want to see you. The best thing you can do is walk away and don't talk to me, don't look at me, or even think about me ever again. You mean NOTHING to me! Walk away, right NOW!"

Summer felt anger and sadness at the same time, she slapped him in the face, turned around and stormed off. Roman actually found humor in this.

"Bye Bitch!"

Dean and Seth smirked at each other and thought the same thing. They started shouting out to her the lyrics to a song making sure she heard.

"Na na na na, Na na na na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye."

Summer stopped before she went around a corner, turned around and flipped them off. All three members of The Shield flipped her off, she rolled her eyes and left. It made Roman feel better knowing that Summer would no longer be a problem, but he was still concerned about Melody. It had been a few minutes and Roman tried to call her again, but wasn't surprised when she didn't answer. Roman knew that now that he was WWE World Heavyweight Champion that it would be even harder to have time to be with Melody, he would be lucky if he even got a weekend off.

Melody had moved into her mom's house and she was still teaching, but a lot of the kids could tell that something was wrong. It had been two days since Wrestlemania, Roman and the rest of The Shield had been calling her but she ignored their calls. In a way she did want to talk to Dean and Seth, but she thought that maybe Roman was trying to call on their phones so she ignored their calls and messages too. Finally after two weeks, they all stopped trying to call her and message her. One night Melody was at her mom's house, it was almost eleven at night, Melody's brother is a junior in high school and he also liked spring sports, but the games would sometimes end late at night. Melody's mom found this out first, she started getting worried once it got past midnight. His friends would bring him home from games, but one night Melody's mom got a call saying that John had been in an accident and that he died on the way to the hospital. Her mom let out a scream of terror which got Melody's attention. She came out of the room she was staying in and went into the living to see what was going on.

"Mom, what's going on?"

"It's John... He's dead!"

"What?! This... Better not be some kind of joke!"

"It's not... His friend's mom told me that they were run off the road by a drunk driver that was texting. They were in an accident that wasn't their fault... His friend went to the hospital, but John... Died on impact. He was on the passenger side, and that is where the car hit."

"No..."

Melody and her mom were both crying at this point.

"No mom... Please tell me this isn't happening."

Neither of them said a word and hugged each other as they cried for several minutes. Finally Melody's mom spoke up.

"Melody... I know I haven't always been the most loving and... understanding mom, but you're all I have left now. I love you Melody, it times like this that we need to be together the most."

"I know, and I love you too mom. You weren't that bad of a mom... I turned out ok."

"Promise me that no matter what happens, that we won't ever go back to the way things were. You're the only family I have left Melody, it's important that we stay in touch."

"I know... I don't think things will ever be as bad as it was between us. We're different now... We can talk, listen, and understand each other."

Melody had talked to a few of her friends from church, but that didn't seem to help. The next day when she went to school, it was really hard not to break down in front of everyone. What happened with Roman and now with her brother's death was becoming too much for her. Around lunchtime she found somewhere to talk privately. She had her phone out and called Seth, she still wasn't sure if she wanted to talk to Roman, she was sure that they were all busy but she tried to call Seth anyway. Seth wasn't busy anyway, Dean and Roman were in a tag team match together. The matches could happen at different times during the day, not just late at night. Seth looked at his phone and noticed that Melody was calling. They weren't actually doing anything, things usually calmed down after Wrestlemania. Seth answered the phone.

"Hey... Seth... I really need to talk to someone."

"Melody, what's going on?"

"I'm sorry if I've been ignoring yours band Dean's calls, but I thought that maybe Roman has tried calling from your phone."

"He's tried a few times, but finally he thought he would just let you think for a while. He hasn't given up on you."

"I didn't call for Roman... I still don't know if I want to talk to him. Please Seth... Will you keep this between us?"

"Ok, what's wrong... You sound really upset."

"I am... My brother... Died in an accident last night."

"Oh... I'm so sorry Melody... We'll be over as soon as we can."

"We? No... I don't want to see Roman, I don't want to talk to him."

"Ok... What about me and Dean?"

"You know I love you guys like brothers, but wherever you guys go, Roman follows."

"Ok Melody listen! This is getting ridiculous... What happened between Roman and Summer was like what happened between you and Bray... You didn't feel anything for Bray, and Roman doesn't feel anything for Summer. It was all a big setup, Summer thought she could hook up with Roman, but she didn't know you were already with Roman. I know that you're probably still upset over what you saw, but Roman really is a changed man... He has never been with another woman since he met you, you're all that he talks about. Whenever he's not in a match he's all down and depressed... Listen Melody, this breakup or whatever this is has really got to him... You're the Lois Lane to his Superman... He loves you Melody. Dean and I knew this a long time ago."

"He's... Really all depressed because of me?"

"He is... I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything. If you don't want to be with him fine, but will you at least talk to him?"

"Is... Is he around?"

"He's in a match right now, but are you going to talk to him?"

"I might... Could you tell him that I called?"

"I will."

"Ok... Thanks Seth. I'll talk to you some other time ok?"

"Ok."

"Bye Seth."

"Bye Melody."

Melody hung up the phone and her lunch break was over, the rest of the day went by slow and Melody didn't seemed very focused. She was lost in her thoughts.

"I am still hurting after seeing what I saw, but what if Seth was right? I really should've listened to what Roman had to say. From what Seth said, it sounds like Roman is taking it just as hard if not harder than I am. Maybe I shouldn't have called it quits... I was just so hurt by what I saw, but Roman felt the same way when he thought something was going on between me and Bray. Roman isn't going to want to talk to me... Not after I kept him waiting. He's the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, he going to be even more busy now than he was before. If I hadn't of overreacted... None of this would have happened. I had an amazing relationship going and I ruined it because of my jealousy and because I didn't give him a chance to talk. Trust and Communication are two of the most important things in a relationship and I wasn't doing either one. Maybe I wasn't ready for a relationship, all I do is mess things up, my whole life has been a mistake. Maybe I don't deserve a prince charming... It all seems like a big fairy tale anyway... Here I am a fan of WWE and I end up meeting and getting into a romantic relationship with Roman Reigns... It sounds like something that would only happen in a book or a movie. Not everyone gets their fairy tale happy ending."

"Ms. Melody, are you ok? You don't seem like yourself."

"I'll be fine Jamie... It's just grown up problems, nothing you need to worry about."

Melody had a paper that she was writing on, but she stopped when Jamie and two other kids hugged her.

"We love you Ms. Melody... I hope a hug will make you feel better."

Melody smiled at this and hugged them back.

"I love you too... All of you. Thank you, your hugs did make me feel a little better."

Melody had finally just heard the kids actually said that they loved her and it really warmed her heart when they hugged her. She thought about being a mom someday, she hoped that if she had kids someday that they would love her as much as these kids did. Somehow the kids knew something was wrong and it made her feel good knowing they were concerned about her. She needed to get her life in order so she wouldn't be bringing her problems with her to school. Later on Melody felt like just laying around, but woke up when she heard the doorbell ring. Melody was going to get it, but her mom got it first.

"I got it Melody."

When Melody's mom opened the door and she started glaring when she saw who it was.

"You've got a lot of nerve to show your face here after what you did."

Melody started walking to the door when she heard her mom raise her voice.

"Mom, what's going on? Who's here mom?"

"You've got company Melody."

Her mom moved out of the way. To say that Melody was surprised would be an understatement.

"Roman?"

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Seven

Melody's mom opened the door and glared when she saw Roman.

"You've got a lot of nerve to show your face here after what you did."

"Please... I just need to see Melody."

Melody only heard her mom and wanted to know who was here and what was going on.

"Mom, what's going on? Who's here?"

Her mom moved out of the way and went into another room.

"You've got company Melody."

Melody went to the door and opened it wider. Roman was the last person she expected to see.

"Roman?"

Roman didn't know how she felt about him being there, but just being there with her was enough to bring happiness to his heart. He gave her a small smile and talked softly to her.

"Hi Melody... May I please come in?"

Melody looked around and didn't see her mom. She really wanted to fix things with Roman. She thought she messed up by leaving and that he wouldn't want to see her again, yet here he was at her door. She doesn't say a word and doesn't look at him, but motioned for him to come in. She closed the door after him, but didn't look at him. She didn't know what to say so she stayed quiet and looked at the floor. He kept his distance from her, as much as he had missed her, he knew that he couldn't jus take her in his arms and kiss her. He knew that out of respect that he needed to give her time and space. Melody had talked to Seth about her brother's death. She had told Seth to let Roman know that she called, but she didn't want Roman to know. Seth told him anyway because he thought Roman deserved to know.

"Melody... Seth doesn't want you to be mad at him... But he told me about your brother."

Melody didn't say anything, but as she started thinking about her brother she put her hand up to her face and tried to fight back the tears, but they fell anyway. It took all of the strength Roman had not to take her in his arms right then and there because she may not have wanted him to. So many times when Melody had been upset, he would hold her and kiss her until she stopped crying, but this time he gave her space.

"I'm so sorry about your brother Melody."

Melody finally said something to him.

"How are you here right now?"

"I had the weekend off, but that doesn't matter... Once I was done with my match, Seth told me what happened and I left as soon as I could... I know you may have mixed feelings about seeing me, but I wanted to be here for you. We haven't seen or talked to each other in two weeks, since Wrestlemania. I wanted to give you the time and space you needed, but I need to know something... Was this time away, or was it meant to be a break up? You moved out and wouldn't return any of my calls or messages. Just tell me... We don't necessarily have to date, we can be friends... The point is I still want you in my life, but if I'm upsetting you by being here and you want me to leave, or if you want to break up let me know. I need to know what you want... Do you want to break up."

Melody was actually happy that he was here, she had been needing him. All of this time apart was hard on both of them and all because she had overreacted. Roman didn't hear anything from her so he thought that Melody didn't want anything to do with him. It was the hardest thing he would have to do, but he was prepared to leave if that was what made her happy, leave and never bother her again if that's what she wanted. He started walking over to the door.

"I guess you have your mind made up... I'm sorry Melody, for everything. I'll walk out that door and never bother you again, but know that I will always love you and I'll never give up on you, or on us.

Roman make his way to the door and twisted the knob, but before it opened all the way Melody ran over to the door, shut it, and blocked him from leaving. She looked at him for the first time since he got there as tears started forming in her eyes, she shook her head and finally ran to him wrapping her arms around him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close as she finally broke down in his arms. What they didn't know was that Melody's mom had been watching everything that had happened, but she managed to do it without them noticing. Melody did notice that there was something different about Roman, she looked up at him and noticed that he had tears in his eyes too. This is something that she's never seen from him before.

"Roman... You're crying too?"

"I am... I thought that I lost you forever... These two weeks I haven't seen you or talked to you... It's been hell on me Melody. You left before I could explain that what you saw with me and Summer was not planned. I don't blame you if you don't believe me... I didn't exactly believe you when I thought you kissed Bray... It was stupid of me to think that you would try something with Bray, but I wasn't thinking... I let my emotions take over. I felt the same way that you do now. I felt angry, and hurt at the same time."

Melody held Roman close and said something back.

"This whole thing... It was all my fault. If I hadn't of overreacted the way I did, none of this would have happened."

"It's not your fault... You had every right to yell or cry."

"Well because of my stupid emotions, I made the biggest mistake of walking away from the best thing that had ever happened in my life... These two weeks have been hell on me too. In a way I wanted to call you back and text you, but at the same time I was just so upset over what happened that I just wanted to be left alone to think. Being away from you was hard enough on me, but now with John..."

"I know... You don't have to go though this alone. I'll be here for you... If you want me to be."

Melody actually smiled at him and hugged him.

"This whole thing has been a huge misunderstanding...If I would have known what was going to happen, I would have stopped it from happening. Do you believe me?"

Melody could hear the sincerity in his voice and the truthfulness in his voice.

"I do..."

Roman smiled at her and put his hands on her face and started rubbing her cheeks with his thumbs.

"I'm just sorry for acting the way I did and not calling you back. So when you finally stopped calling, I thought that you gave up on me."

"Never... I was just giving you time and space you needed to think. I told you... I love you Melody and I'm not giving up on you, no matter how much you play hard to get."

Melody blushed. She really had been playing hard to get and thought that it was actually pretty romantic that Roman was chasing after her. This is one of the things Melody wanted in a relationship. Her thoughts came back to her from the day they shared their first kiss.

"Come on Melody... You know you want to be in a relationship. It beats living alone. You should really just take a chance... And get my heart broken? No thanks. Use your head... If you end up falling for someone... Possibly Roman and your heart gets broken, you won't think very clear at all and probably try something very stupid... Wait a minute. What was I thinking a moment ago? Possibly falling for Roman? You can't do that... He's a friend to you? Then why would he ask me something like if I've ever had a man in your life? Maybe he's just curious. There is no way he could have feelings for me... Even if he did I couldn't just ask him... That would be way too awkward. But just imagine what the perfect man for you would be like... He would be very handsome, he would be there to protect me, he would be the sweetest guy I've ever met. Maybe he would be someone that chases after me if I play hard to get... If I don't do that already. He would comfort me when I'm sad, calm me down when I'm angry, and make me laugh. He would be someone that would never give up on me. Just imagine what your first kiss would be like... Maybe he would slowly dance with me and then he would hold me close... Kiss me gently, but with passion and tell me that he loves me and how much I mean to him. He would have to be someone who loves me for the way I am... He would have to be honest and faithful to me. Someone that will never try to change me and to always be there for me when I need him."

Roman noticed that Melody had been quiet for about a minute.

"So Melody... I know I don't deserve another chance, but I'm asking you for another chance anyway."

"Why are you asking me? I was the one that messed up by not talking to you... I should have trusted you. Trust and communication are two of the most important things and I didn't do either one. Maybe I wasn't ready for a relationship."

"What about now? We could start all over."

"We could, but I don't really want to start over... I would rather just try to pretend that these last two weeks never happened."

"Ok so forgiven and forget then?"

"There isn't really anything for us to forgive Roman... Neither of us were really in the wrong... It was just a big misunderstanding... Wrong place at the wrong time... But seriously, could we please just forget these last two weeks?"

"Of course... So no break up?"

"No... I never wanted to break up, I was just hurt band needed time to think."

"Ok... There is something else you need to know Melody."

"What?"

"Well... I'll show you..."

Roman had his Shield vest and reached into his front pocket and showed Melody two of the pictures they had done together.

"These are the pictures we had together... I've kept them with me everyday since we got them done. During all of my matches, I always keep these pictures in the front pocket of my vest... I'm always thinking about you Melody... Even during my matches, you're always close to my heart."

Melody then remembered that when she got mad at him that she threw her necklace.

"If... I hadn't of thrown my necklace then I could say the same... It really was a lot harder not being able to see you, especially since I didn't have my necklace."

Roman smiled and reached in his pocket again.

"Well then I guess it's a good thing that kept this for you."

"You kept it?"

"Of course, my heart belongs to you and only you... Why would I give it to anyone else?... I wouldn't give it to anyone else."

Melody smiled, but tears still fell from her eyes. She turned around and lifted her hair as Roman fastened the necklace around her neck. When she turned around he smiled at her and looked at the necklace.

"There... Now it's back where it belongs."

Melody's mom had listened to everything they had to say and watched everything that went on. At the moment they were just holding each other close and staring into each others eyes. Her mom thought it was a beautiful moment, but rolled her eyes slightly annoyed and came around a corner.

"Just kiss already!"

Roman laughed as Melody blushed.

"Mom! How long have you been standing there?"

"The whole time... I heard and saw everything... You're an ok guy Roman... Oh come on... I've seen everything else that's went on, it's obvious that you two belong together... I still want to see a kiss."

Roman thought he would play along. Even though Melody was embarrassed with her mom being there she kissed Roman back. It was a quick kiss, but still a passionate kiss. They would kiss when they had more privacy.

"Melody... Will you move back in."

Melody wasn't sure if she should so quick, especially now that John was gone, her mom would be living on her own. She looked at her mom and she just gave her a nod giving a sign that she would be fine. She smiled at Roman and took his hand.

"I will."

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Eight

Melody felt so many emotions at the same time. She was glad that she fixed things with Roman, but at the same time she kept thinking about her brother and worrying about her mom. She knew that she had overreacted and decided to move back into Roman's house. Roman was happy to help her move back in. Melody honestly was tired of moving from place to place, she hoped that she would stay this time. Once she unpacked she noticed that Roman seemed busy so she went out on his back porch and looked out at the ocean, this was something she always did when a lot was on her mind. She leaned up against the guard rail and put her hands up to her face and started crying. Roman had been watching her and knew that she was upset. Melody didn't seem to notice him come out. He put his hand on her back and gently started rubbing her back. Melody wiped her face, stood up straight, turned around and saw Roman standing in front of her. They both seemed to know what was coming next. Melody only took two steps before she was in his arms, they knew each other so well at this point, they've know each other for almost a year now. Melody knew that when she was upset Roman would comfort her, Roman knew that when she had a lot on her mind that she would go outside to think and when she was upset he knew that she liked it when he wrapped his arms around her and kiss her until she felt better and said what was bothering her. When they first met and Melody would get upset, it would be hard for her to open up to him, but now he had learned that Melody didn't just need someone to talk to, but also someone that would hold her in their arms as she cried and leaned her head into their chest. This is what Melody was doing now, crying as she buried her head into his chest. It took a few minutes, but Melody calmed down as Roman kissed her head, held her close, rubbed her back and she listened to his heartbeat as she felt hers beat against him. When she stopped crying and started wiping her face Roman started talking to her.

"You're upset... Talk to me Melody... What's bothering you?"

Melody sighed and took in a breath, held it in for a second before letting it out.

"I don't know if it was the best idea to leave my mom so soon... Her and John were really close. I'm just worried about her. I... can't believe he's really gone... It should have been me, not him."

"No... Melody don't say something like that."

"I really should be dead... If he hadn't of donated blood for me that one time I probably would be dead... They say the parents are supposed to go before the kids. I'm his older sister... I've had many close calls while trying to sort my life out. But John... He had his whole life ahead of him, he didn't even get to graduate high school. It's not fair."

"I know it's not fair, but sometimes things happen that we have no control over."

"I just feel that with my dad and my brother that we had some things that were left unsaid... Their deaths were unexpected and I guess that's why it's bothering me so much."

"You told me about your dad briefly... He's the one that got you into WWE, you said that he cheated on your mom, but wanted to make things right. He tried to be there for you and went to all of your concerts. Even though he made mistakes... He was very proud of you, and he loved you. As for your brother, you told me that you didn't always get along, but he loved you enough to donate blood for you and save your life."

"I just wish that there was something that I could have done for him, but he died on his way to the hospital... At least it was a quick death and not a slow and painful death... My grandpa... He had cancer and he sat in a hospital bed for months dying a slow and painful death. I guess why my dad, and my brother's death bothered me so bad was because it was unexpected... I was still upset when my grandpa died, but I always had the hope that he would get better. He was old and very sick so his death wasn't really a surprise to me."

"Death is a hard thing to cope with, but I'm going to be here for you for as long as I can."

"It happened a few days ago, his funeral is tomorrow, that's going to be the hardest thing for me to get through... Will you come with me?"

"Of course... You don't have to ask."

Melody actually smiled at him and hugged him.

"Now let's go inside... I know it seemed like I was busy, but I was just fixing us something to eat, but something told me that you were upset so I came out here to be with you. The food should be ready now, come on I think you'll like this."

Roman smiled at her, she smiled back at him and took his hand intertwining their fingers. Roman opened the screen door and allowed her to go in first. Melody was confused at first because it was dark all throughout the house. Roman closed the door and took her hand.

"Follow me."

Melody did as she was told, she followed him until she heard light music and saw a table with flowers and candles. She was surprised as Roman led her to a seat.

"Have a seat Melody... I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Ok."

Melody for the moment forgot her sadness and smiled at everything Roman had done. He had music playing in the background, flowers on the table, a dark room with a candlelight. Roman came back a few minutes later with two plates, he set one down in front of her and he put one on his side of the table. He went back in the kitchen for a minute and then brought them drinks. Melody didn't really like alcoholic beverages so Roman decided that he wouldn't drink anything alcoholic either. She really liked lemonade so he thought she would be ok with lemonade, he went with lemonade too. He had made a chicken pasta with salad and bread sticks. Lemonade actually went really well with pasta. She smiled at him as he sat down across from her. She took a bite of her pasta and then said something to him.

"This is amazing Roman... all of this. The food is amazing and I absolutely love the scene... the music, the flowers, the dark room candle light dinner for two. It's perfect."

Roman smiled at her and responded back.

"I was hoping you would like it."

They were quiet for a few minutes as they ate and listened to the music. Melody wasn't used to anything really romantic like this, Roman was her first boyfriend after all. Roman had done all of this for her and Melody couldn't stop smiling. Roman was so happy to see a smile on her face, he would do anything to see her smile. They finished eating and their eyes met, it was dark in the room other than the candle lights and she wondered if Roman could tell if she was blushing. He kept smiling at her, the candle light in the room seemed to make her face light up. She was blushing hard and he did notice. He even laughed a little.

"What's so funny? Why do you keep staring at me?"

"You're beautiful Melody... I think it's absolutely adorable... the way you look away and blush."

Melody did this and Roman laughed.

"See... there you go again. That's cute Melody."

Melody laughed a little and looked at him.

"I can't help it... you make me blush... Well what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Look at you... You're every girl's dream... You're the type of guy that every girl wants... You're an athlete..."

She blushed really hard as she said the next part.

"You're the definition of sexy, you're super sweet, you can cook, and you're a gentleman."

Melody was quiet now as Roman looked at her. He had a smirk on his face.

"The definition of sexy huh?"

Melody was blushing so hard and now started laughing.

"Yeah... You're the sexy, hot guy that any woman would want to be with, you're tall, strong, your eyes are amazing... not every woman likes a man with long hair, but I would argue that you have the best hair in the world... You're like a Samoan Thor."

"Yeah... I've heard that. I have The Superman Punch so people call me Superman, but I've heard a lot of people compare me to Thor too."

"I just can't believe I was almost stupid enough to walk from the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"You're not stupid Melody... you just needed time to think. We're back together now and that's what matters."

They were both quiet for a moment and just listened to the music, it was slow and soft. Roman smiled as an idea came to him. He looked over at Melody and she looked away from him blushing again, he got up from his seat and made his way over to her.

"What are you doing?"

Roman bowed his head down at her and held out his hand.

"Dance with me Melody."

Melody looked up at him and smiled before talking his hand, she got up and they made their way away from the table and into his living room where they had more room. The music could still be heard and there was just enough light for them to see. Roman put one hand on her shoulder and his other hand on her back, Melody did the same thing as they smiled, looked into each other's eyes and danced to the music. Roman looked at her and saw that she was still wearing her necklace.

"You're still wearing the necklace I see."

"Yeah... I haven't taken it off since you gave it back to me... I may never take it off again. I want it to always be with me... To always have you with me."

Roman took out the pictures that he had in his front pocket.

"And I always want to have you with me."

They thought that the song Perfect Storm was the perfect fit for them, but a song came on that would possibly fit them even better, Amazed, by Lonestar.

(First verse)

"Every time our eyes meet, this feeling inside me, is almost more than I can take. Baby when you touch me, I can feel how much you love me, and it just blows me away. I've never been this close to anyone, or anything. I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams."

(Chorus)

"I don't know how you do what you do. I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better. I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, forever and ever. Every little thing that you do, baby I'm amazed by you."

(Second verse)

"The smell of your skin, the taste of your kiss, the way you whisper in the dark. Your hair all around me, baby you surround me, and touch every place in my heart. Oh it feels like the first time, every time. I wanna spend the whole night, in your eyes."

(Chorus)

"I don't know how you do what you do. I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better. I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, forever and ever. Every little thing that you do, baby I'm amazed by you."

(Last part)

"Every little thing that you do. I'm so in love with you, it juster keeps getting better... I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, forever and ever. Every little thing that you do... oh... Every little thing that you do, baby I'm amazed... by... you."

Roman and Melody listened to the song, but mostly kept staring into each other's eyes. Once they heard the chorus the first time, they knew this would be their song. At some point it started getting a bit darker in the room, the candles were flickering and were ready to go out. It got to the last part of the song and Roman tilted her chin up, they closed their eyes and shared a deep and passionate kiss as the song ended and the candle lights went out. Once the kiss ended, they opened their eyes and realized that a different song had come on and that the candles went out. They only looked at each other in the dark and could still see the smile on each other's faces and the loving look in the other person's eyes, they held each other close feeling their hearts beat against each other and they said the same thing at the same time.

"I love you."

(The song Amazed belongs to Lonestar. It's one of my favorite stories and I thought it would be perfect for Roman and Melody. To be continued. Thanks for reading. Review.)

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Nine

Melody woke up the next day and knew that it was going to be a long day and a hard day to get through. She turned over and saw that Roman was still asleep. It was nine in the morning, but she thought she would get up, take a shower, and get ready for the funeral. Melody picked out an outfit that she wouldn't normally wear. Usually she wouldn't really wear a dress, but she knew her mom and other people would dress up so she thought that she would do the same so that she could fit in. She picked out a dress that was yellow and white that went down to about the knees. The top part of it had short sleeves and showed a bit of cleavage but nothing that would get anyone's attention. She usually didn't do anything with her hair, but she thought why not? She was already wearing a dress, why not do something with her hair. She decided to keep her hair down, but she kept most of it straight, but curled the ends. When she got out of the bathroom she saw that Roman was already dressed and ready, he was wearing a nice suit and tie and had his hair in a man bun. Both of their jaws seemed to drop when they saw each other, but Roman was the first one to say something.

"You look amazing Melody... Beautiful."

Melody blushed and looked at him.

"Thanks you too... Handsome I mean."

"Thanks."

"My mom said that she would meet us at the church in thirty minutes, but that was about ten minutes ago."

"Then I guess we should get going then."

When they got to the church they met up with Melody's mom. Her mom took a good look at Roman.

"Well... Look at you Roman. You clean up good."

Melody laughed a little and took Roman's hand.

"Hey... He's my boyfriend mom."

"I know... All I'm saying is that he looks good. You look pretty Melody."

"Thanks... I don't really wear dresses much, but I bought this one myself. Everyone else was going to be dressed up so I thought I'd try to fit in."

They all went in and met a few people that said prayers for them and apologized for their loss. They got a look at his body before the service started. Usually when people die they would be buried in a suit, but her brother wasn't really the type of guy to wear a suit. He was more comfortable in a T-shirt and jeans so that's what he was going to be buried in. Melody thought that she was going to be strong and make it through the service, but once she saw her mom start crying Melody did the same. Melody and her mom hugged, as far as family went, they only had each other. Roman had asked Melody if it was ok if he invited someone. Dean and Seth were still with WWE, but Melody said yes anyway. She was surprised when she saw Roman's parents. They had met once, but Roman told them about her brother and they wanted to come. She was going to go to shake their hand, but she forgot that they were the hugging type of family.

"Hey, it's nice to see you again, thanks for coming."

"It's nice to see you too Melody, but don't you remember?... We're family, and families hug."

"That's right... Now I see where Roman gets it."

Melody smiled and hugged them. Her mom didn't know them and wanted to know what was going on.

"Oh... Mom, these are Roman's parents."

Her mom extended her hand, but they hugged her too. She was slightly uncomfortable about this, but smiled anyway.

"Any family member of Melody's is a family member of ours."

This made Melody and her mom feel good at how welcoming Roman's parents were even though they hardly knew each other. While Melody was talking to her mom Roman was talking to his family, he was being very careful about what he was saying as he kept looking over at Melody.

"So we were altogether for Christmas... I knew then that Melody was The one. Then after Wrestlemania we had maybe two weeks without seeing or talking to each other because of a misunderstanding. I wouldn't necessarily call it a break up, but she was upset with me and it hurt not being able to see her or talk to each other. We fixed things and last night things got really serious... We had a candle light dinner and I just feel like we reached a level that we've never been to before... What I'm trying to figure out is when to ask Melody's mom if I can marry Melody. Now is not really the best time since we're at a funeral. I was hoping that I would be able to ask her soon, but I'll be leaving tomorrow. I don't even know when to ask or what to say."

"So yeah... You want to ask her mom for Melody's hand in marriage. Maybe now is not the best time to ask since we're at a funeral, but maybe when Melody goes to work you can ask her mom before you leave. As far as what to say, just tell her how much Melody means to you."

"Ok, but what if she says no... What if she doesn't want me to marry Melody?"

"Whatever happens happens, but if she see how happy Melody is with you I think all parents want is for their kids to be happy. If she says no then she would probably really upset Melody. I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but Melody isn't going to wait on you forever, she going to start wondering when and if you are going to ask her. She's going to want to know how far your relationship will go, but if I were you..."

His dad points over at Melody and Roman looks over at her, she felt eyes on her and looked over to Roman and smiled before going back to her conversation. Roman couldn't stop looking at her. Her beauty took his breath away. His dad finished what he was saying.

"If I were you, I wouldn't let a beautiful girl like her go once you got her. I can see that you're a different man when you're around her, a better man."

"Yeah... She's changed me for the better. She's really someone special."

"She's been through a lot and you've helped her get through them... Didn't she say she had been working at a bar? Now look at her, she's working at a school teaching music. She's come a long way. If I were you... I wouldn't keep her waiting too long. If I were you, I would ask her within the next year or so before she starts wondering if you'll ever ask her."

"I met her almost a year ago, but I've had thought about wanting to marry her since Christmas. I just hope she's as happy with me as I am with her."

"I'm sure she is... We need to sit down now before she gets suspicious. I saw her looking this way... You better hope she didn't hear our conversation, otherwise she'll see it coming."

Roman and his family go to sit down and Melody sits down beside Roman, Melody's mom sat down on the otherside of Melody as the service began. There was laughter and there was sorrow. Melody's mom started crying again and held a tissue up to her face. Melody also started cry, but before the first tear fell, Roman wrapped his arm around her, and took his other hand and took her hand in his and kissed the backside of it. Melody's mom looked over and saw Melody leaning her head into Roman's chest. Roman still held her hand and started rubbing her knuckles with his thumb and he kissed her head. Melody didn't cry long with Roman here, he always found a way to comfort her. Melody's mom was sad about the death of her son, but she was happy that her daughter had found love.

After the funeral things seemed to get easier for Melody and her mom. When they went to the graveyard, they didn't cry like they did at the funeral. Melody was so thankful that Roman had been there with her, otherwise she may not have been able to get through the funeral. At the end of the day Melody had been very quiet. Roman sat on the bed beside her and looked at her.

"You've been very quiet all day. Talk to me... Tell me what's on your mind."

Melody gave him a small smile and took his hand.

"I'm not really as upset as I was yesterday. I still miss my brother, but I got through the funeral today because you were there with me. You've been there for me for everything... You've always dropped what you were doing to be with me."

"That's my job... To take care of your needs and to make sure that you know that you're loved... I love you..."

Roman pointed to Melody's necklace and finished his sentence.

"Always and Forever."

Melody smiled at him and kissed him.

"I love you too Roman."

Roman turned off the lamp and wrapped his arms around her as she snuggled up against his chest. It didn't take Melody long to go to sleep when Roman was with her. She really felt at home at his house, but she felt at home the most when she was in his arms. Roman knew she was asleep, he could feel her heart beating and could feel her breathing as her chest rose and fell against him. Even though her brother had died, she seemed happy with him here with her and it seemed like she was at a point in her life when she could finally be at peace. He held her close and smelled her hair as he fell asleep. The next day Roman made Melody breakfast and drove her to school. He made sure to give her a long, deep, and passionate kiss before he had to leave. In two months school would be out and Melody promised him that she would start traveling with him on the road again for the summer. Of course she had been the one to ask him, she wouldn't want to be all alone over the summer. Of course he would say yes, they loved nothing more than enjoying each other's company. The time away had got to both of them. Right before the first bell rang to start the school day Roman gave her one more long, deep, and passionate kiss. They ended the kiss when they had to break for air, Roman held her close and looked into her eyes and spoke to her.

"Today is going to be a long day back to work for both of us... If you're not already asleep, I promise I'll video chat with you after Raw tonight."

"Ok... Be careful tonight, and knock em' dead."

"I will... I hope you have a good day at school Babygirl... I love you so much Melody... You have no idea."

"I love you too Roman... You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"And you are to me Melody."

They were interrupted when the school bell rang.

"Oh... There's the bell. I guess I better go so you can do your job."

"Ok. Love you Ro, Bye."

"Bye Babygirl, Love you too."

Roman went out the door and made his way out of the school as Melody started the school day. He made his way to her mom's house, he was nervous and excited at the same time. When he got to her mom's house he took in a breath, knocked on her door, stepped back and put his hands behind his back... This was it... Her mom opened the door slightly confused as to why he was here.

"Roman?... Shouldn't you be on the road by now? Melody said that you had to go back to work today."

"I do have to go back to work today, but before I left I was hoping that I could talk to you for a few minutes."

"Of course, come in."

Her mom stepped back and let him in.

"Things must be different now... How are you doing?"

"It's still hard... Accepting that my son is really gone, but I'm not always alone. Sometimes my friends from church come over, and God is always with me. I think that I've finally accepted that John is gone and I'm finally at peace with it. It took me years to get over my ex husband's death... We didn't end on good terms, most divorced couples don't. I still feel guilty about taking my grief and anger out on Melody. I wanted to get back together, but I waited too long and when I was going to try to get back together with him, that was the night he died... Therapy has helped me a lot, and prayers from the church... Does Melody still talk about her dad's death? How is she taking her brother's death?"

"She doesn't always talk about her dad, she said she misses her brother, but she's at peace with it all."

"Thanks for your concern about me and for helping Melody through this, but why are you here?"

"I know this may not be the best time, but I wanted to ask you after the funeral."

"Ask me what?"

"I wanted to... Ask for your blessing... And your permission to marry your daughter."

"Well that depends... I have to ask you a question Roman."

"What is it?"

"I wanted to look in your eyes for this... Eyes are the windows to the soul. I've got to know that you're telling the truth. Melody may be blinded by love so you may have convinced her easily, but I won't be so easy to convince... When Melody came to me two weeks ago, she was heartbroken because she thought that you were moving onto someone else, she said that you kissed someone else. I've been cheated on before and I knew exactly how she felt. Look at me when I ask you this... Did you then, or have you ever cheated on Melody, or any woman for that matter?"

"I am ashamed to admit this, but yes I have cheated on different women, but that was three years ago... Long before I ever met Melody. I was a different man then... I have never cheated on Melody... And I never will. She has changed me so much for the better. I travel a lot and I don't always get to see her and be with her, but I can't imagine my life without her, she's really someone special to me and I love her more than anything in this world... I think she wants and needs me in her life just as much as I want and need her in my life. So, I'm not just asking because I want to, but because I need to. Please... May I have your blessing, and your permission to marry Melody?"

Her mom looked deep into his eyes and could tell that everything was the truth, and that it was spoken from the heart. She knew that if Melody's dad were still around, he would have already said yes because he was an easy egg to crack, but she was a bit harder to convince.

"I have three more questions for you Roman... If you are a changed man because of Melody like you say, will you promise me that you will always be faithful to her? If it came down to choosing between your job and Melody, would you quit your job for Melody? And the last question... If the situation was bad enough... How far would you go to protect her?"

"Melody has always been faithful to me, I have always been faithful to Melody and I always will be. If I had to choose between Melody and my job, easy... I'd choose her. How far would I go to protect her? I would die for her if I had to... If anything happened to her, I would never forgive myself. She is my whole life, my whole world... I really don't know what else to say... I love her."

Roman was quiet now, he wasn't sure what else he could say to convince her. He was beginning to think that maybe there wasn't anything he could say to get her approval. She thought for a moment, her dad and her brother would just want Melody to be happy, and she wanted the same thing so she finally answered him.

"Yes."

Roman looked at her and his eyes lit up and a smile appeared on his face.

"Really, you mean it?"

"Yes... You make Melody happy, she's in love with you, and it's obvious that you love her. So yes... You may marry her, you have my blessing and permission."

Roman was so happy and excited that he hugged her.

"Thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me."

Her mom hugged him back.

"I thought it was pretty weird that your parents hugged me when they didn't know me, but now I see where you got it. Welcome to the family Roman."

"Thank you... And welcome to mine. I need to get going now, I promised Melody that I would video chat with her after Raw, but first I need to get there."

Roman left her mom's house and made his way to the airport. He was full of excitement, he wasn't sure if he would be able to contain his excitement when he talked to her later. He had to find a way to calm himself down or he would tell the secret.

(To be continued.

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
Someone Special

Chapter Forty

When Roman got to the arena and saw Dean and Seth he could hardly contain his excitement about Melody. Dean came up to him first.

"Hey Roman, what's up Bro? How is Melody doing?"

"It was hard on Melody losing her brother, we got back together though. We only got to spend the weekend together, but one night we had a candle light dinner and not only did we make up the time lost, but we might have got closer than we already are. I also found out some amazing news."

At this point Seth walked up.

"Well don't keep us in suspense, what's the news?"

"Melody wants to start traveling with us again over the summer."

Dean could tell this wasn't everything. He could tell when Roman was hiding something.

"That's not all... There's something you're not telling us."

Roman rolled his eyes.

"Ok fine... That's not the only bit of news I have... I swear if either of you tell Melody this, I'll kick both of your asses."

Seth stepped back and Dean laughed holding his hands up.

"Ok... We promise we won't tell Melody. Take it easy Roman... What's the big news, and why so serious?"

"I asked Melody's mom for her permission to marry Melody."

Seth got really excited and pat Roman on the back.

"About time man! You took long enough. It's not necessarily the amount of time you've been with her, but what you've done with her. When it comes to relationships it's about the quality not the quantity. We were wondering if you were ever going to ask her."

"I haven't asked Melody yet... I asked her mom for permission. In my family, it's very important that you ask the parents for permission before you ask someone to marry you."

"Oh... So what did her mom say?"

"I was starting to wonder if she would ever give me a yes or no answer, but she finally said yes. She said that I make her happy. All parents really want for their kids is for them to be happy."

Now Dean pat him on the back.

"Good job Bro... So when are you going to ask her?"

"I haven't decided yet, but it's really important that you guys don't tell her or throw around any hints. When I ask her I don't want her to see it coming, I want it to be special."

"Don't worry, we won't tell her."

"Good, but I know how important you guys are to her so I want you guys to be there to see it... Besides, I may need a bit of help."

"No problem Bro, we've got your back."

Two months went by and it was the last day of school. It was the end of May, early June, Melody was in charge of playing the graduation song, Pomp and Circumstance for the graduating sixth graders. Melody was happy for them, but sad at the same time because they would be moving onto middle school. It was already decided that Melody would be here when the school year started. The kids loved Melody, and she loved the kids. Melody had learned how things were supposed to be and Stephanie was at that age where she wanted to retire, she had already let Melody take over teaching on certain days so she thought it was only fitting to let Melody take over completely. When the next school year started, Melody wouldn't be an assistant teacher, but the official main music teacher. Melody and the kids were sad to hear this news, Melody had learned so much about teaching techniques and looked up to her. The kids liked her, but still not as much as they loved Melody. Melody was sad to see the sixth graders go, but was excited because when the school year started again, she would have new kids coming in as Kindergartners. After the sixth grade graduation ended a lot of them looked up to her and told her that they would continue doing music through middle and high school. Before the last school day ended, a lot of kids from each grade level hugged her, told her that they loved her, and told her to have a good summer. Melody told them the same thing. Once the school day was over, Melody went out to her car and started driving to Roman's house. At one point she got tired of taking a taxi anywhere and she knew that she needed to get a vehicle of her own. She knew that she wouldn't be able to buy a car full price, but she had been saving up money to make monthly payments. She didn't need anything too flashy, so she didn't buy a new car. She bought a used car, she made sure that it wasn't too old because she wanted a car that she could rely on and she made sure that it was one that was safe and wouldn't be breaking down on her. She was twenty five now, she was an adult, but was proud of herself for buying this car on her own. She had a job, if she needed to she could find a place of her own, she had been buying her own clothes, and now she had her own clothes. She was proud of herself for getting this far on her own. Even though she was in a relationship with Roman, she still enjoyed that feeling of independence and being able to take care of herself. She had proven to herself and to everyone else that she could take care of herself. She thought about everything she had been through in her life, especially over the last year. As she was driving home, a song came on the radio that she thought fit her life perfectly. The song was Stand by Rascal Flatts.

(First verse)

"You feel like a candle in a hurricane. Just like a picture with a broken frame. Alone and helpless, like you've lost your fight. But you'll be alright. You'll be alright."

(Chorus)

"Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off then you stand, then you stand."

(Second verse)

"Life's like a novel, with the end ripped out. The edge of a canyon, with only one way down. Take what you're given, before it's gone. Start holding on. Keep holding on."

(Chorus)

"Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands shake it off then you stand, then you stand."

(Third part)

"Everytime you get up, and get back in the race, one more small piece of you, starts to fall into place. Yeah, woo hoo"

(Chorus)

"Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands shake it off then you stand, then you stand. Yeah then you stand. Yeah. Yeah baby... Woo hoo, woo hoo, woo hoo. Then you stand yeah, yeah."

Roman had said that once the school year ended that she could travel with him for the summer, of course this is something they both wanted. Melody told him that it was the last day of school. She was surprised to see him when she got home, she didn't expect him until a few days later. Her reaction was still the same way now as it would have been a few days later. Roman had been waiting for her in the driveway. They both shared a smile as they saw each other. Melody got out of her car, ran over to him with the biggest smile on her face. She almost caught him off guard when she jumped into his arms. When she jumped, he lifted her in the air and she wrapped her arms and legs around him and attacked him with a kiss. He held her tight and kissed her back. He wanted to deepen the kiss, but he thought this was funny. He ended the kiss laughing a little.

"Well hello to you too Babygirl."

Melody was still very excited.

"You're here... I didn't expect for you to get here for a few days."

"Well... Last night you told me that today was your last day of school so I thought I'd start driving early so I could be here when you got home."

"Oh I'm sorry, if I knew you were coming today I would have already been packed. I guess I should pack what I need for a few weeks. How long have you been waiting for me to get home?"

"Maybe thirty minutes... And it's fine. I wanted to surprise you. I want to spend as much time with you this summer as I can before the next school year starts, you don't have to rush, we have the whole summer ahead of us."

Melody smiled and kissed him again. When she kissed before, it was a short kiss, but now they deepened the kiss. They kissed for about a minute before pulling away for air. They knew they would get to do this a lot over the summer. When they pulled away for air Melody smiled at him and gave him a quick hug.

"I guess I should start packing then."

About twenty minutes later Melody had clothes packed, shoes, her hairbrush, shampoo, towels, and even a hair dryer. She had a bit of trouble getting her suitcase out the front door. Roman came up to her and offered to help.

"Need some help?"

"Maybe a little bit."

Roman took her suitcase and carried it to the back of his SUV. He looked at her and laughed.

"What do you have in here, a vacuum cleaner or a mini refrigerator?"

Melody laughed but playfully punched his arm.

"You know I like using my own things... I hate hotel shampoo so I packed my own. I packed clothes, shoes, my hairbrush, my own towels, shampoo, and my hair dryer."

Roman closed the back of the trunk and noticed that Melody was about to open the passenger side door and called out to her.

"Hang on..."

He ran up to her and opened the door for her. Melody smiled at him and got in.

"Thanks."

"No problem... It was just the way I was raised... to open doors for women."

"There really aren't many guys like you left in the world... A lot of guys these days are really rude."

"Guys these days don't respect women and their boundaries... I didn't exactly respect your boundaries the first time I kissed you. I should have asked if it was ok."

"It's fine... I was surprised that day, but that didn't mean that I didn't like it."

Roman had already started driving, but took one of his hands to hold hers. Melody smiled at him and kept talking.

"So, you didn't exactly tell me where we were going. Are we going to meet up with Dean and Seth?"

"Yeah. We're going to New Orleans for Raw."

"Are they already there?"

"No, but they're closer than we are."

"So... am I going to be the fourth member of The Shield again? Are we going to be traveling together again."

"Yeah, it will be just like old times."

"So, basically Dean and Seth are going to be around twenty four seven?"

"No not necessarily. There will be times that I want to spend time with you and only you. We've got the whole weekend, we don't have to be in New Orleans until Monday."

It was late Sunday night when Roman and Melody got to the hotel in New Orleans. The first thing they heard when they got to the third floor was Dean and Seth arguing about something. They had been out drinking, Seth being the more sober one had to drag Dean out before he started a bar fight. Dean wasn't happy about being forced to leave before he had all that he wanted to drink and he was arguing with Seth that he had the situation under control and that he wasn't about to start a bar fight. When Melody saw them, she called out to them.

"Dean! Seth! Can't you guys ever get along?!"

They turned and looked when they heard their names and instantly stopped arguing when they saw Melody and smiled at her. She ran to them and hugged them. She got to Dean first, she could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Hey Mel!"

"Hey Dean... Still causing trouble?"

He laughed and hugged her.

"You know it! I haven't see you since Wrestlemania, how are you?!"

Seth weaseled his way in.

"Hey Melody, I want a hug too."

Melody hugged Seth, but answered Dean's question.

"I'm doing great! The school year just ended and I get to travel with The Shield again for the summer."

Now Dean and Seth were both hugging her. Melody smiled at this, Dean and Seth were both like older brothers to her, but for some reason she felt closer to Dean than she did Seth. Dean hugged her tight and said something to her.

"Good, it will be just like old times again. We have our Sister of The Shield back."

"Sister of The Shield... I like that."

Roman had put their stuff in the room they would be staying in when he noticed that Melody was still out with Dean and Seth. He had noticed that Dean would occasionally hug her. Seth was talking to her, but seemed to keep his distance. It did seem like there was an unmistakable bond between Dean and Melody. Dean was like a brother to him, and Melody meant the world to him. He knew that he shouldn't worry about it and that he should trust them both, but he would be lying to himself if he said that this closeness between Dean and Melody wasn't bothering him. He noticed that when he started walking up to Melody that Dean seemed to back off. He put a hand on Melody's shoulder and started talking.

"Ok Melody, we're all settled in. Our stuff in in our room."

"Ok. I see or talk to you guys later."

Melody went into the room and thought that Roman was going to follow her, but he stayed in the hallway and looked over at Dean and Seth. Seth didn't seem like he crossed any boundaries, but Roman looked over at Dean and wasn't exactly ok with all of this closeness with Melody. He had to take a breath for a moment, this was his Shield brother we were talking about. Dean knew how crazy Roman was about Melody, there was no way something was going on between Dean and Melody. He remembered how Melody had hugged Dean, he knew that they were close and relaxed a little. He would dismiss the thought from his head this time, but if something like this kept happening then he would have to have a talk with Dean and Melody.

(To be continued.)