Some quick math

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HeatherSays

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just did some math pertaining to the use of the 3 hour Summerslam. I added up the match times for the matches excluding the pre-show match. The total match time was 79 minutes and 31 seconds. Now, sure there are entrances so maybe that adds another 20 minutes? 30 maybe? So now we are at 99-109 minutes. The official song was performed. What is that, another 4-5 minutes? So now we are at 104-114 minutes. The show was 170 minutes long, as it ended 10 minutes early. That leaves 56 minutes. That is nearly an hour that they used for recaps.

:finger: WTF

Source for match length time

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
027bb96f3458758f6f64dc0b880ea56c.gif

Surprised Trips Brock only went for 18 minutes tbh.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Bork Laser likes math. Bork agrees, no recap for near hour, could put Cody/Cara or Damien/Brodus in there. And Bork match should have been longer.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The biggest issue I had was Brock constantly going for the kimura, it made sense from a psychology point for him but not Trips, it's been months since it broke his arm, surely he could have devised a way to counter it. Ruined the story aspect slightly IMO, although Brock's selling for the stomach injury was great IMO. I'm still not sure whether he was actually hurt or not.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I knew the video packages were long but not that long... to be honest they were well put together.. its just that they showed them multiple times

HeatherSays

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Bulbasaur said:
The biggest issue I had was Brock constantly going for the kimura, it made sense from a psychology point for him but not Trips, it's been months since it broke his arm, surely he could have devised a way to counter it. Ruined the story aspect slightly IMO, although Brock's selling for the stomach injury was great IMO. I'm still not sure whether he was actually hurt or not.

Right? I was thinking that I don't remember him being particularly great at selling so I was concerned he might actually have been hurt.

HeatherSays

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Charmander said:
I knew the video packages were long but not that long... to be honest they were well put together.. its just that they showed them multiple times

Exactly. I am okay when they show it right before the match but we did not need to see them multiple times.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
HeatherSays said:
Exactly. I am okay when they show it right before the match but we did not need to see them multiple times.

if they took out the extra video packages they could probably fit in a ryback or divas match...it's very sad that there wasn't one...

HeatherSays

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Charmander said:
if they took out the extra video packages they could probably fit in a ryback or divas match...it's very sad that there wasn't one...

WWE: We have a ton of Divas? A match :haha: Lets have them dance to a shitty song performed poorly.

:facepalm1: