So, who do you think is funny? (On TV)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Which character's sense of humor do you like? Who makes you laugh the most?

Here's my list.

- Larry David [Curb Your Enthusiasm]

By far the funniest character on television methinks. His dubious morals combined with the awkward situations that he puts himself in is rich grounds for comedy. His manager and him are quite the duo, and I love to watch them create ruckus after ruckus and then attempt to "fix it" on the show. As Larry David says, "I'm a fixer. I screw up. I rectify."

- Dr. House [House M.D]

The anti-hero in this show is the most enthralling character I've seen in years. This is helped by the fact that Hugh Laurie is a brilliant actor. I loved him on a Bit of Fry & Laurie, and his portrayal of a misanthropic American doctor is so convincing it's hard to believe that he's British. He's completely clueless when it comes to sociability, this coupled with his outrageous/quirky sense of humor makes him one of the funnier characters on TV. This show is one of the best thrill rides I've had in years. Wilson & House are enough to keep me tuning in week after week.

- Sheldon [The Big Bang Theory]

I'm sure a lot of you on here have watched this show, and you obviously know why I've picked him. Jim Parsons' quirky rendition of a socially inept theoretical physicist is gut splitting to say the least.

- Eric Cartman [South Park]

"Scott Tenorman Must Die" sums up this lovable cartoon anti-hero I thought, stupid & evil. He usually steals the spotlight on most occasions, and for good reason, he's by far the most interesting character on the show. Even though recent episodes of South Park have been lacking in quality compared to the earlier seasons, (wayyy back) Cartman's legacy will live on.

Honorable mentions

- Peter Griffin
- Stewie Griffin
- Barney Stinson
- Robot Chicken (Not really a character, but it's a stop motion comedy by Seth Green featuring action figures...with a twist. Very funny.)

So? Who do you like?

SAL

Reaction score
Charlie Kelly from "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" is the funniest character I've ever seen.

[youtube]N3kUK9Dq1n0[/youtube]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
(Y) @ the first two that you mentioned and family guy characters. It's not new but his show still comes on T.V and that is Dave Chappelle. One of my favorite comedians of all time.

shutupchico

Reaction score
larry david for sure, curb episodes never get old.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
Larry David. I don't know, but something about his character is f'n hilarious.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
Dr Robert 'Rocket' Romano in ER was hilarious. A lot of people argue he was one of the inspirations of Dr House.
h
09romano.jpg

Staying on the topic of ER, Dr Archie Morris always made me laugh. Played by Scott Grimes, I only learnt recently that he voices Steve Smith in American Dad.

200715160251195164025.jpg

Don Draper

Reaction score
Sheldon Cooper, Stewie Griffin, Troy and Abed (from Community) Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation) Barney Stinson and of course Jack Donaghy.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Larry David. Curb is just f'n awesome and he's just awesome the way he portrays himself in the show.

Kairi

Reaction score
Dr. Gregory House yes. It's one of those types of funny to me that I can't believe he said it but yet it's still funny because it's true or it applies to someone you know type funny.

jamesinder

Reaction score
I always like to watch comedy shows.And usually i like to watch those shows, which makes me laugh. i like toWatch The Office Online and Watch South Park Online. thsee are nice shows. i never missed any eppisodes....

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Almost any Family Guy character. Stewie Griffin is #1. I can watch almost anything with Stewie and just tear up laughing on the worst day of my life. Ari Gold, half the characters in The Office, especially Dwight and Michael, Larry David, Bender from Futurama, Eric Cartman, Mr. Burns, and last but not least, Sheldon Cooper, who is probably the most original and unique character on television...and I don't like network sitcoms so for me to list a character who's on a show with a fucking laugh track really speaks to just how fucking funny he actually is. There's a lot more but I guess those are the main ones.

Also, I know he's not the type of answer you'd expect here, but I can't help myself. Michael Cole has been absolutely killing me for months on end.

The Flash

Reaction score
Peter, Stewie and Quagmire [Family Guy]
House
Cartman, Butters [South Park]
Daniel Tosh [Tosh.0]
Dr Cox and Bob Kelso [Scrubs]

I always get a good laugh out of these guys.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Almost any Family Guy character. Stewie Griffin is #1. I can watch almost anything with Stewie and just tear up laughing on the worst day of my life. Ari Gold, half the characters in The Office, especially Dwight and Michael, Larry David, Bender from Futurama, Eric Cartman, Mr. Burns, and last but not least, Sheldon Cooper, who is probably the most original and unique character on television...and I don't like network sitcoms so for me to list a character who's on a show with a fucking laugh track really speaks to just how fucking funny he actually is. There's a lot more but I guess those are the main ones.

Also, I know he's not the type of answer you'd expect here, but I can't help myself. Michael Cole has been absolutely killing me for months on end.

"I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."

I've grown to despise shows with laugh tracks as well but I still watch the Big Bang Theory.