Extreme Rules So What Do You Guys Think About The Extreme Rules Card?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think this ppv could really exceed expectations. Only because those expectations are really minimum. Ziggler Vs Rollins, AJ vs Rusev, Ronda Rousey, Braun in a steel cage, Sanity Vs New Day.

Even Lashley Vs Reigns could be really good. This ppv could exceed expectations and help build to Summer Slam quite well.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
10 matches, seven without stipulations.... so I don't think much of it (I don't count Ellsworth in a cage as a stipulation because it really doesn't change the rules of the match)

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
This card highlights how bad WWE booking it. On paper this card is good. But the booking has been so bad that no one cares.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It looks dull to me. Only Strowman vs. Owens and Styles vs. Rusev stand out as being particularly interesting to me. I'm partially interested in seeing Jax vs. Bliss just to be amused with the inevitably terrible booking it receives. What happened to that fatal five-way match? WWE just announced it and forgot about it.

Odds are they'll have Reigns take out Lashley then demand to be recognized as #1 contender for Lesnar.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I wish it had more stipulation matches ala the typical event should be, but there are some things I am interested in.

I like a good cage match so Braun vs Owens can be entertaining, AJ and Rusev are two solid workers and I wish it was the main event, so I want that. Also not to mention the Pre-Show ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE YOU'D WANT TO WATCH IT. With a Tables match between New Day and Sanity and EL IDOLO. Keeping things at Extreme Rules Tranquilo. Then, of course, the 30 Minute Ironman match between Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler. Both men can put on a great showcase.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This feels more like Extreme...ly Boring but in all fairness, that has moreso to do with the poor job WWE have done in regards of build-up rather than the actual superstars not performing in the ring.

As many fellow members noted above, it's indeed a PPV of low expectations that could exceed but, let's be real, how hard can that really be? Between Boring Reigns and itsy bitsy fucking spider, I'm pretty sure the PPV will feel like a success when it's all said and done...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
This feels more like Extreme...ly Boring but in all fairness, that has moreso to do with the poor job WWE have done in regards of build-up rather than the actual superstars not performing in the ring.

As many fellow members noted above, it's indeed a PPV of low expectations that could exceed but, let's be real, how hard can that really be? Between Boring Reigns and itsy bitsy fucking spider, I'm pretty sure the PPV will feel like a success when it's all said and done...
Literally this ppv in a nutshell

Reactions: alexb

Redboy123@

Reaction score

Literally this ppv in a nutshell

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Please forgive me but why is Kevin fighting Braun in a steel cage? It seems silly if this is their first time fighting?

Hmm and why Jeff fighting Shinsuke? I'm so out of things. Geez

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Please forgive me but why is Kevin fighting Braun in a steel cage? It seems silly if this is their first time fighting?
Cuz KO keeps running away from Braun, and Braun likes the chase.

Nakamura beat the shit out of Hardy, which opened his eyes. Hardy challenged him for his title.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

Kevin and Braun are fighting because Kevin asked Braun to be friends and then Braun turned him down and began victimizing poor Kevin, and Kevin would complain to Kurt, who did nothing, so Kurt that it would be funny to put them in a steel cage match so that way Kevin has to fight Braun instead of runaway like always

Shinsuke answered Jeff's challenge or something and ever since it has "woken" Jeff to become Nero once again.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Cuz KO keeps running away from Braun, and Braun likes the chase.

Nakamura beat the shit out of Hardy, which opened his eyes. Hardy challenged him for his title.
Thank you :emoji_nerd::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

For one, the're just filling some time until Braun cashes his contract, not to mention they had nothing better for KO, which is actually a shame. As for the steel cage stipulation, well, it's Extreme Rules so they needed a gimmick, plus I'm sure they'll have something crazy planned for Braun to do...

It does feel kind of random but this a good way to finally give Nakamura a big win and some gold to carry, plus I hear Jeff Hardy needs some time off due to injury...

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Kevin and Braun are fighting because Kevin asked Braun to be friends and then Braun turned him down and began victimizing poor Kevin, and Kevin would complain to Kurt, who did nothing, so Kurt that it would be funny to put them in a steel cage match so that way Kevin has to fight Braun instead of runaway like always

Shinsuke answered Jeff's challenge or something and ever since it has "woken" Jeff to become Nero once again.
Ahhh. OK. Thanks. :emoji_grin:

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
For one, the're just filling some time until Braun cashes his contract, not to mention they had nothing better for KO, which is actually a shame. As for the steel cage stipulation, well, it's Extreme Rules so they needed a gimmick, plus I'm sure they'll have something crazy planned for Braun to do...

It does feel kind of random but this a good way to finally give Nakamura a big win and some gold to carry, plus I hear Jeff Hardy needs some time off due to injury...
Thanks so much. Informative. Lol :)

Reactions: alexb