So was it a mistake to bring JR back

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think your wrong. The three man team has been just as annoying and bitchy as the first night JR came back. Cole gave JR a compliment on the latest RAW only to be attacked by Lawler and JR. They don't even listen to each other half the time they hear one speak and jump on him.

I agree that Lawler is a bit dated but I think he's the best with a new co anchor he'd be fine.

But if I had my way I'd trash the whole team Josh Matthews and Striker were much better than the team we have at the desk right now. JR and Lawler are past there prime. Cole is useless as a play by play nowadays he's more of a color commentator and even then he seldom talks about things going on in the ring.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thing is Lawler might still be alright if he played the heel, but as a face I find him really boring and predictable. At least Cole and JR seem like they know what they are talking about, Lawler just seems lost out there and says the dumbest things.

What is happening again is that Cole is acting as Vince's voice on air, and once again in classic WWE fashion they are doing things on air to make JR look like a fool (like the Vickie hat thing this week) and it is getting in the way of him doing his job, it is quite sad really.

I don't mind Ross as much as you, I agree that he is past his best, but he still has a lot to offer, and with the right partner or as part of a three man team he can still work.

Matthews has improved a lot, but is not yet ready for that role, I too liked Striker and thing they should have kept him on ppv's at least.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cole is useless as a play by play nowadays he's more of a color commentator and even then he seldom talks about things going on in the ring.

Great point. I hadn't made that connection yet but it is so true. Cole is now a colour commentator and so RAW really needs a new play by play announcer or at least have JR play that role with Lawler and Cole working as face and heel colour commentators.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cole is just killing commentary for WWE on every show he is on, time for him to find a new role.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Tonight I thought that Cole and JR were great it was Lawler that was horrible.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree, as much as Cole can be annoying he has far more to offer than Lawler does nowadays.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As I said in the live thread it's obvious their trying to mix up the roles to best suit three people but when they just suddenly do it. It makes little sense. Doesn't help that the only way Lawler know how to be a heel is by insulting a Heel it feels weird. I've said it before I'll say it again all three need different roles.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well having not seen this weeks raw yet I can't comment on that, but really Lawler has been playing a face for years now, and he has sucked at it. The only reason I can see for him still being there is maybe to break Cole/Ross up a little, as those two left alone might get a bit much.