• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

So, Jericho's Return

Blujay

Reaction score
Amazing return through and through. I knew within seconds that he was trolling the audience because the mannerisms were too over-the-top. I could see the scenario Dale told as a possibility but I'd like to have it happen with Jericho winning the Rumble and the next night on RAW is when the rest of the scenario takes place. Granted it would make Punk's title defense at Elimination Chamber predictable but these are two men that can actually carry a feud that long and keep it interesting.

Deuce

Reaction score
I'm liking those news, I think a feud with CM Punk would be awesome. I hope Jericho beats CM Punk in the end of the feud if they do have one, I want to see this guy as champ again, he is perfect for the title. I remember all of his promos and matches while he was champ and every single one was pretty awesome so I don't think anything has changed since he left.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Jericho/CM has been rumored for so long it looks it could lead that way but we'd have to wait and see.

I'd like Jericho/CM feud for sure.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
like when hhh came back in 02'. Or when Jericho left in 05 and came back in 07 and fans cheered him. Its just one of those things maybe once a guy leaves people start the realize wait we miss him come back.

I get what you mean, but nothing was like HHH in 02.

He was the greatest heel in perhaps the history of the company. He was by far the most hated guy when he left. When he came back, the fans went ape. That was the loudest reaction I've heard MSG give to this day. Jericho wasn't getting that level of onsensus hate at all before he left

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I get what you mean, but nothing was like HHH in 02.

He was the greatest heel in perhaps the history of the company. He was by far the most hated guy when he left. When he came back, the fans went ape. That was the loudest reaction I've heard MSG give to this day. Jericho wasn't getting that level of onsensus hate at all before he left

I totaly agree with you. When Triple H showed up on the entrance ramp the cowd was just in the animal mode.

Tooey

Reaction score
I thought his return was absolutely brilliant. From both a heel and comedic perspective, Jericho played the sarcastic and mocking prick to perfection. He had that whole crowd going and those at home in the palm of his hands for 10 minutes, building us up, like a Breaking Bad episode, and left us with a cliffhanger. Was I upset he didn't say anything? Absolutely. That was the point. His shit eating grin, the jacket, and use of babyface techniques came off to me like a mockery of his last return in 2007.

I can't wait to see where it goes on Monday.

Zen

Reaction score
Here is some rating news, pulled from another -- but reliable -- dirtsheet :

"Believe it or not, the quarter hour featuring the return of Chris Jericho on Raw Monday night lost about 80,000 viewers, according to Dave Meltzer. The highest rated quarter was the opening featuring John Cena's promo to start the show. Overall viewership for the episode was down slightly, even though the rating was a 3.1, up from last week's 2.9 "

---

As I suspected, he just turned people off, there is a difference between making fans bored and making angry. The former loses viewers, while the latter does not. As I had mentioned, this was just a poor way to have him redebut after such a highly anticipated hype package. Which makes this all the more shocking, since returns -- especially hyped ones -- don't usually lose viewers. Not that it matters, I never bought into the "ZOMG ratings will skyrocket" bandwagon, it was somewhat absurd, and ratings simply don't work like that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought that the return was fantastic, he showed that he could play the fans without saying anything and he has so much material that he can use when he does eventually speak on RAW revealing to those that chant his name that he is a heel.

I would like to see who "she" was, in the videos she played a big role so they have to reveal who it is. Stephanie makes the most sense since she will want to get revenge on Punk after all the things he said about her last year.

Tooey

Reaction score
I thought that the return was fantastic, he showed that he could play the fans without saying anything and he has so much material that he can use when he does eventually speak on RAW revealing to those that chant his name that he is a heel.

I would like to see who "she" was, in the videos she played a big role so they have to reveal who it is. Stephanie makes the most sense since she will want to get revenge on Punk after all the things he said about her last year.

I agree. Obviously Jericho has been in the business for a long time and knows how the fans will react. This return was a simple case for that. He knew their weaknesses and played right into that.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Chris Jericho Gets Physical At Weekend WWE Live Event
Chris Jericho worked at the WWE live event in Tyler, Texas this weekend. Jericho came out and was doing the same silent, cheesey antics he pulled in his return on Raw this past Monday night.

Jericho was about to speak at one point, but was interupted by David Otunga. Otunga told Jericho that his jacket was too loud and could cause seizures. Otunga told Jericho that John Laurinaitis ordered him to remove it.

This lead to the first action of any kind for Jericho since his WWE comeback, as he did take the jacket off, but then immediately put Otunga in the Walls Of Jericho submission hold. After that, Jericho worked the crowd a bit more and left.

Haha.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
400042_326805670673817_154307661256953_1117368_494043958_n.jpg

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I dunno it'd be entertaining if he kept having the kids cut his promos for him and doing the yeah yeah stuff for awhile.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The following video features Chris Jericho's appearance at this past weekend's WWE house show event in San Angelo, Texas:

[video=youtube;QuMEFGiUPbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QuMEFGiUPbw[/video]​