So, Given The Response To Both Batista & Orton Recently

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fauche

Reaction score
People booing Batista is dumber than dumb. That said, pink popped collar polo shirt heel Batista is the best heel not named Edge this side of 2004ish. So turn Batista by having HHH pick him over Orton, Orton can get cheers and stuff then? Probably get booed anyway, but if folks are going to boo anything short of Daniel Bryan winning a world title then sucks to their faces. Like spoiled children, begging for attention with their silly chants. Same tools who said Bryan was going to buried by now with the way he was being booked in the fall. Don't understand anything about nothing. People who booed Mysterio at the Rumble at boo batista now. Like thry cant even remrmber that 2006 when everything was teriffic. I mean, cheering for your favorite is cool, and support the dudes you like, but how is Batista being back not awesome? And Cena vs Wyatt feud? Anything involving the Shield? That's cool right? These darn kids getting their first hard on for Daniel Bryan tho, and releasing pent up sexual frustrations via obnoxious chants. Ain't helping nobody but nobody. Bryan could beat Hhh get put in the main event and win the belt clean, rest assured there would still be bitching come April 7th.

Reactions: Deezy and Dash

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
WWE don't care what live crowds think, they've kept Cena as a whiter than white babyface after years of being hounded out of arenas so I don't see a few fat smarks shitting on Batista as a big deal.

They will push who they want and you'll learn to love it. Everyone hated Mark Henry for years but they forced him on us and it paid off, same with Bats/Orton really (although theres absolutely nothing wrong with those two guys)

Fuck Daniel Bryan, he is worthless. He should be tagging with Santino in dark matches.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Can't we take this YES movement even further? As fans we can all just pretend since wrestling is FAKE anyways that Daniel Bryan is the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't see why not? Everyone acts like Batista booked himself into the Rumble and left Daniel Bryan out of it.

Kahuna

Reaction score
WWE Dropped the ball with WM 30. Not saying it wont be good, but the card as it stands now should have been more... special.

Cena vs Taker should be the headline match WM 30. End of story. That match alone would have made me buy the PPV. You could have that match with Vince Russo booking every other match on the card, and I wouldn't care. You could have Hogan vs Flair for the title in a "break your opponents hip first" match, Orton vs Doink The Clown in a hell in a cell, and Bob Backlund vs Batista in an ironman match. I wouldn't care. Taker vs Cena would be the marquee event that should have headlined this mania. This is where they fucked up in my view.

Batista vs Orton.. no one really wants to see this, again. Their matches in 2009 were meh enough, now with a gassed after 2 minutes Batista and a routinely slow Orton, this match will be slow and dreadful.

WWE is going off the wall with their recent style of heels prevail booking, and they brought in Batista to potentially win the title off a hated guy.. and turn heel? It doesn't make sense. You have two guys who, contrary to what some people have stated in this thread, get the reaction that is noticeable, but not favorable or appropriate. Orton usually comes out to the same mild heat, and the name "Blandy Borton", to me at least, has never been more appropriate. His matches lately are bland and routine and his championship reign has been pussified beyond repair. Batista returned to a huge hatefest and for good reason. I think the fans are more opposed to the idea of a guy coming back and being given the world ahead of a guy that I would say at least 90% of the fans watching are believing in. It could have been anyone in Batista's shoes, and the fans would still shit on them simply because its not the guy THEY want to see. Its the guy that WWE wants to push for reasons still unclear to me.

Don't get me wrong, Batista is still a name but its not the same Batista that left 4 years ago. I don't think people want to see a 45 year old guy drag a match in dreadful fashion. WWE should have had Bryan as #30 in the rumble, eliminate Batista and THEN we would have had something. Batista could have made that heel turn and Bryan could have secured his spot - and things could have been different. We got Bryan (hopefully) getting one over on HHH at Mania, and while that could be something, its still not what the people truly want. Creative needs to get some shit figured out.

I truly think the wrestling "genius" that once was Vince McMahon's philosophy and view is gone.

tl;dr?

WWE fucked up big time not booking Cena/Taker and fucked up with the plan of Batista/Orton and Bryans position. Theres no way to fix it from what I can see, and even if there was, WWE wont do it. We just have to deal with it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Save Taker/Cena until Cowboy Stadium, bill it as Takers retirement match and hello.....break the legit record of Summerslam 92.

Kahuna

Reaction score
I feel as though a 30th anniversary of WWE's staple show should have nothing less than the two biggest, most popular and active stars (arguably) in the history of this business going one on one. It surpasses a PPV rivalry, it surpasses a world title, it would be like Rock vs Hogan, but only bigger. (to me at least.) Whether it happens at WM 30 or somewhere else, I will tune in. I simply feel they missed a huge opportunity for WM 30 to be the one anniversary that stood out above the rest. Forget about Batista/Orton, WM 30 was screwed up when this wasn't booked in my honest opinion.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Still thinking it's just a better move to save Cena/Taker at a venue that will legit break every record, Takers home state, bill it his last ever match against the franchise. Would make a killing just on the live gate alone.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WWE don't care what live crowds think, they've kept Cena as a whiter than white babyface after years of being hounded out of arenas so I don't see a few fat smarks shitting on Batista as a big deal.

They will push who they want and you'll learn to love it. Everyone hated Mark Henry for years but they forced him on us and it paid off, same with Bats/Orton really (although theres absolutely nothing wrong with those two guys)

Fuck Daniel Bryan, he is worthless. He should be tagging with Santino in dark matches.

No it didn't pay off, he still wasn't over.

Fact is Orton-Batista is not a Mania 30 worthy main event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tapout

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
:DB2:
No it didn't pay off, he still wasn't over.

Fact is Orton-Batista is not a Mania 30 worthy main event.
Henry? Cena? Yeah olay pal.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Henry not over during the world title run-present :TI:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He doesn't watch the current product obviously.

BB

Reaction score
Batista and Randy Orton are two problems that WWE have always struggled to solve since Evolution was disbanded. There is just something about the both of them that doesn't make them enjoyable to watch to the casual fan. Batista only gets over because he looks the part and Orton has no personality whatsoever. They are both incredibly boring to watch nowadays but to be honest I think this has a lot to do with the product and the 'straight jacket' the company has around it when they want to do anything edgy. I think there are lots of guys in the back who would be much better to watch if the product was less like Thomas the Tank Engine.

Last edited:

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I hope to hell on earth that the title match is not the last match on the card Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar and Triple H vs Daniel Brian will be way better to close off the show.

Batista should not be main eventing and judging on the fact he is gassed out after 5 minutes he shouldn't even be wrestling until he gets his fitness back his match with Alberto Del Rio was one of the worst I have ever seen and through no fault of Del Rio considering he had to do most of the work only to be hit with Dave's signature moves and before losing the match.

The difference between Dave Bautista and the likes of Dwayne Johnson and Brock Lesnar is they are actually in shape and want to make sure they wrestle a good match Dave is clearly there for the money only and is in that spot yes because of his movie which he isn't even the main star but because he is triple H's buddy.

I say strip Orton of the title make Triple H vs Brian for the belt and we got ourselves a great main event.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Seriously? Put Triple H in a title match? Yeah that'll be better than his "buddies" fighting for a title o_O